• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parent's worst nightmare [Gabby Petito disappearance]

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
In summer 1971 my husband and I traveled for two months in a Volkswagen van, 10000 miles, through national and state parks out west. . I don’t recall slapping each other.
We had no amenities in the van but a pull flat area for a bed. I swore I would never complain about making a bed somewhere I could stand up or about washing dishes in a sink instead of a water pump, but I broke that promise

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the van only in her name and only registered to her? Would it be theft if it was never reported stolen?
Yes, it was her van and registered to her. If it was not reported stolen, it might not be theft. However, the goal would be to have an intro into an interview with the boyfriend. The current situation is ridiculous. This is right up there with Lorie Vallow.

Reactions: RX8

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
The FBI is now involved in this case. It's only a matter of time before the boyfriend will be compelled to speak to authorities.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whole thing smells like she is dead, hope not but................

Dead can't report crimes:cry:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This story does not sound like it will have a good ending

I hope it does but I bet you are right. I remember some other young woman or girl went missing in I think Utah. She was kidnapped by some phyco very near her home and was eventually found.

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, it was her van and registered to her. If it was not reported stolen, it might not be theft. However, the goal would be to have an intro into an interview with the boyfriend. The current situation is ridiculous. This is right up there with Lorie Vallow.
Even if they brought him in on theft, they can't compel him to speak or be interviewed.

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Even if they brought him in on theft, they can't compel him to speak or be interviewed.
Correct, it is up to the State to make the case.

Once arrested, he probably should do something to get tossed into solitary confinement to avoid "jailhouse snitches".

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Videos of Utah police questioning:

TV report.
https://abc7ny.com/police-body-cam-video-shows-gabby-petito-boyfriend-after-911-call/11024439/
This link includes the full body cam video

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very sad. A possible motive has been establish

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the body cam of the officer that investigated the couples squabble.

Bill

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Police are investigating potential link between Gabby Petito's disappearance and recent double homicide involving store worker at a Utah co-op where Petito had a physical fight with fiancé
  • Kylen Schulte, 24, and wife Crystal Turner, 38, were found dead at a campsite in Utah on August 18
  • Schulte worked at Moonflower Community Co-op, Moab, where 'van-life' woman Gabby Petito and her fiancé had explosive fight
  • Schulte and Turner had texted friends about a 'creepy man' in their campsite and that 'if something happened to them, that they were murdered'
  • Police in Utah and Florida, where Petito and Laundrie lived, are looking into possible links between the cases
  • Around the time Schulte and Turner were killed, police across the state line in Colorado warned campers after they seized more than 30 weapons from a man who was camping illegally in Telluride
  • Petito and Laundire had been fighting for a couple of days, and on August 12 police were alerted of an altercation involving the two
  • Bodycam footage shows an emotional Gaby Petito, 22, telling cops the couple 'have been fighting all morning'
  • Her boyfriend Brian Laundrie is seen with scratches on his face and arms which he tells cops were caused when Petito 'was trying to get the keys from me' and 'hit me with her phone'
  • When cops asks Petito if her boyfriend hit her, she replies 'I guess' and makes a grabbing motion with her chin
  • Laundrie admits he 'pushed her' during the altercation and cops determine Petito was 'the primary aggressor'
  • An incident report reveals officers were called to a 'possible domestic violence' on August 12
  • Petito was reported missing by her family on September 11 - 13 days after she spoke to her mom on August 25
  • Laundrie returned to their home in North Port, Florida, without her and has been named a person of interest
  • Police in Florida issued a fresh appeal for information on Petito Thursday, and added that they are aware of Laundrie's current whereabouts

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is very sad. A possible motive has been establish
So anyone that has had a fight with their spouse or significant other now has motive to kill them?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So anyone that has had a fight with their spouse or significant other now has motive to kill them?

Well, there is the fight, but then she went missing. If they go missing, the first suspect is usually the spouse is what I thought. Probably because of all of episodes of Monk we have binged watched last year.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, has your spouse or significant other every gone missing for over a week and has their personal vehicle every gone missing for over a week.

Finally, after a week your spouse or significant other personal vehicle is found with a strange person behind the wheel driving.

After a week your spouse or significant other is still missing.

Dioxide45 you may answers these questions???

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Potentially. An unhappy relationship is not an unusual motive. Apparently, the engagement was called off before the trip. Who, how, when, I do not know. Theirs was physical altercation, at same place as 2 other murders also occurred. Boyfriend isn't talking, which is suspicious. I'll let the detectives on the case figure it all out.

I think that in any case of police interest, people with nearest ties to the victim are questioned, which includes last to see her alive. Doesn't sound to me like boyfriend ran from a murderous boogeyman in the woods or he would be describing the assailant to cops straight away. If boogeyman killed her at boyfriend's request, that's getting weirdly complicated. Those other 2 murders plus report of heavily armed shady character in the area do add intrigue.

I'd be looking to get myself off the suspect list or confessing. Dragging things out helps no one.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
Putting aside the cops are not your friend, keep in mind that not answering questions may not help.

No, they're not your "friend" and you shouldn't believe they are however, refusing to answer questions only builds their suspicions and determination. He or his family has hired a respected
lawyer to be by his side during any questioning. I have very little doubt his lawyer has suggested that he speak to them and for whatever reason, he continues to refuse. Everything reported indicates he is the prime suspect and will continue to be.

I would tell him to keep this in mind. Brian, they're not going to go away just because you don't talk to them. Know that prosecutors don't forget antics like this if you were involved and neither do judges and/or juries.

Bring just a bit of closure to this girl's family.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Putting aside the cops are not your friend, keep in mind that not answering questions may not help.

No, they're not your "friend" and you shouldn't believe they are however, refusing to answer questions only builds their suspicions and determination. He or his family has hired a respected
lawyer to be by his side during any questioning. I have very little doubt his lawyer has suggested that he speak to them and for whatever reason, he continues to refuse. Everything reported indicates he is the prime suspect and will continue to be.

I would tell him to keep this in mind. Brian, they're not going to go away just because you don't talk to them. Know that prosecutors don't forget antics like this if you were involved and neither do judges and/or juries.

Bring just a bit of closure to this girl's family.
From what I gather, his attorney is recommending he not speak to the police. No attorney is going to say go and talk to the police. Especially since they suspect his guilt. Nothing he can say is going to help him in this situation. Even if he were 100% innocent. Aside from him finding the girl and show she is alive, talking to the police won't help him. He is suspect #1, as is the BF or husband in almost all of these situations. It is up to the police to get the evidence, with or without his cooperation. It is up to the DA to build the case against him. He doesn't have to cooperate. That may not make him look good, but perhaps he is thinking he committed the perfect crime and they will never get enough evidence to press charges. That will be what he is hoping for. Just the fact that there was a fight, indicates he shouldn't talk. I am certainly not saying he is a good person, his conscience may catch up with him. Who knows, but in his situation, his attorney is very likely telling him to not talk to anyone.

I know it is a long video in post #9, but that video lays out why he should not talk to the police.