• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why no TUGers / Hyatt on ROFR.net?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wondered if anyone knew why Hyatt isn't on ROFR.net?
I am one of the ones that helped to create rofr.net. Hyatt isn't there because, well, I don't own Hyatt. I can certainly add Hyatt, but I understand there are a lot of nuances. Like fixed week/fixed unit. Does the actual unit and week impact the ROFR price? With properties like Westin and Marriott, they are season based. So a resort may only have four seasons to account for in ROFR. Where Hyatt may have 52 weeks and multiple individual units. Perhaps it doesn't need to be that granular, but I would need to know how the waterfall of the different resorts are in order to set them up in the database.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am one of the ones that helped to create rofr.net. Hyatt isn't there because, well, I don't own Hyatt. I can certainly add Hyatt, but I understand there are a lot of nuances. Like fixed week/fixed unit. Does the actual unit and week impact the ROFR price? With properties like Westin and Marriott, they are season based. So a resort may only have four seasons to account for in ROFR. Where Hyatt may have 52 weeks and multiple individual units. Perhaps it doesn't need to be that granular, but I would need to know how the waterfall of the different resorts are in order to set them up in the database.
I assume the week impacts ROFR. I can't imagine the unit would. I imagine the data would be the same for Marriott insofar as it's the week and resort that's driving the decision.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I assume the week impacts ROFR. I can't imagine the unit would. I imagine the data would be the same for Marriott insofar as it's the week and resort that's driving the decision.
It seems that it may be different for Marriott though. For Marriott, I have the season, the view, and the unit size. It sees like for Hyatt I need the view, the unit size and then 52 potential variations for each? For some Marriott resorts (like in Hawaii), there is only one season and the individual week is irrelevant.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does not seem to be a heavily used site. A lot of the entries are several years old.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does not seem to be a heavily used site. A lot of the entries are several years old.
It is based on user input, mostly from TUG users, logging individual sales. It has received about 130 Marriott entries so far this year. The entries do go back many years.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Do all Hyatt properties have ROFR?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do all Hyatt properties have ROFR?

My understanding is that all properties have RoFR.

Hyatt Main Street Station had an ROFR sunset clause and I believe that time has passed - so there would be no ROFR. Also thinking all the Colorado properties have a ROFR sunset clause - but not positive on that.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Hyatt ROFR Passed 9/2021
Resale - title company says passed ROFR
$355.01
Hyatt Residence Club, Key West-- Windward Pointe
1,400 Points
Deeded Week 33, Check-In Saturday, 8/13/22 – 8/20/22
2 Bed , Unit 5213, Silver Season
Even usage beginning in 2022

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt ROFR Passed 9/2021
Resale - title company says passed ROFR
$355.01
Hyatt Residence Club, Key West-- Windward Pointe
1,400 Points
Deeded Week 33, Check-In Saturday, 8/13/22 – 8/20/22
2 Bed , Unit 5213, Silver Season
Even usage beginning in 2022
how'd you get that sweet deal, if you don't mind my asking...?

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
how'd you get that sweet deal, if you don't mind my asking...?
Great info. Hyatt owners want to BOSS because there's no good information exchange. I had valued them @ $1.43/point, but without good data tracking, some folx are forced to give up for free what they worked hard to earn. Meanwhile, there's so many shenanigans involved in a transaction, even with sacred cow realtors.

Let's help one another.

Last edited:

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Great info. Hyatt owners want to BOSS because there's no good information exchange. I had valued them @ $1.43/point, but without good data tracking, some folx are forced to give up for free what they worked hard to earn. Meanwhile, there's so many shenanigans involved in a transaction, even with the sacred crow realtor.

Let's help one another.

Timeshare buyers are not parasites @YouKnowWhoYouAre.
@scoutings Sorry I'm not too hip...what does this mean? "Hyatt owners want to BOSS"

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
@scoutings Sorry I'm not too hip...what does this mean? "Hyatt owners want to BOSS"
I meant when one party holds unfair advantage in what should be an even exchange.

Consider"A salesperson calling you 'boss' implies that you have more agency than you actually have. "They're saying, 'I'm totally gonna manipulate this guy, but make him think he's in charge."

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Both week and unit can matter depending on the property. Ex, units at Wild Oak Ranch, unit does not matter much. Units at Highlands Inn can matter a lot based on view. Units at Aspen can matter a lot because of unit layout.