• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coco Palms Sold for $22 Million

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I missed this post. I wonder what the future holds for the development of the property? The buyer is not buying it to let it just sit in ruins, they will want to build something on that valuable land. I know they will have to raise the level a lot to keep a hurricane from doing the same damage to whatever they build. I wonder if this is a cover for a timeshare company. Hilton has nothing on Kauai and has just about finished Maui. Although they will have Point at Poipu, but it's not Hilton.

What an ideal spot for a nice hotel or timeshare. Wow, I would consider buying (resale).

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I missed this post. I wonder what the future holds for the development of the property? The buyer is not buying it to let it just sit in ruins, they will want to build something on that valuable land. I know they will have to raise the level a lot to keep a hurricane from doing the same damage to whatever they build. I wonder if this is a cover for a timeshare company. Hilton has nothing on Kauai and has just about finished Maui. Although they will have Point at Poipu, but it's not Hilton.

What an ideal spot for a nice hotel or timeshare. Wow, I would consider buying (resale).

I think the key is what the county will let them build.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think the key is what the county will let them build.
You are assuming that the rule of law will prevail over those who consider any development on the site as a desecration of sacred land. As evidenced by the Thirty-Meter Telescope project, I'm not sure that's a valid assumption.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are assuming that the rule of law will prevail over those who consider any development on the site as a desecration of sacred land. As evidenced by the Thirty-Meter Telescope project, I'm not sure that's a valid assumption.

I’m not assuming anything, all of the other plans called for the property to be rebuilt to the old foot print. That could be a sticking point for some developers. If the county changes their mind on that, it may make a difference for development. But the push back because of the sacred land issue, could stop any changes to the county’s thinking.

Building to the old foot print may not work in this day and age with the competition with very nice new places to stay.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
We are leaving Maui Schooner tomorrow for Kahana Falls. There are many rules to limit the spread of COVID. No more than 25 people in the pool (we never saw more than 10 at one time during the day). Masks are required to and from the pool. The management is requesting that you sign up to use the pool, hot tub (no more than 3 family members at a time) and reserve the grills. You can only access the office from the front. The hallway door is locked. The office staff is tense, trying to stay safe!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We are leaving Maui Schooner tomorrow for Kahana Falls. There are many rules to limit the spread of COVID. No more than 25 people in the pool (we never saw more than 10 at one time during the day). Masks are required to and from the pool. The management is requesting that you sign up to use the pool, hot tub (no more than 3 family members at a time) and reserve the grills. You can only access the office from the front. The hallway door is locked. The office staff is tense, trying to stay safe!

Wrong thread?

Dave

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I drove past the Coco Palms yesterday. Wow! it is a mess. The buildings to the South are wood frame construction and it was just a skeleton - - it looked like it could fall over on its own or go up in flames with a single match. The buildings to the north are reinforced concrete construction but it looked like it was just a shell as well. It made me wonder if after 27 or 28 years of being exposed to the elements (including salt spray) if anything could be saved. I suspect that the whole place will need to be taken down.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Not sure if I really believe this, but supposedly the rebuild has begun:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's an update from the news a few days ago. shaka

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I always get a crack out of the people that oppose it for one reason or another. If you want to control the fate, get your own consortium of investors together and make an offer. Then you can turn it into a park or whatever you want.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The Never Ending Story continues.

We just went by the Coco Palms this past week when in Kauai. It looks so sad having been partially demolished with a fence around it. Quite an eyesore in what could be made into a nice place in Kauai.

The traffic in Kauai in certain places can be quite difficult to deal with. We went through this area twice without any backup so while I certainly can agree that traffic can be bad I am not sure that this location is one of the bad areas. However, we did have two major backups while there. On Sunday May 7th we tried to go from Kapaa to Lihue around 1:00 PM and the traffic wasn't just bad it wasn't moving alone at all. We turned around and spent the day around Kapaa and bought some nice fish for dinner before going back to Princeville. Then on Friday around 3:00 PM we went to Hanalei from Princeville. No problem getting over the bridge, but on the other side of the bridge the traffic waiting to go over the bridge was backed up all the way to the center of Hanalei. We had gone to Hanalei around the same time a few days earlier without incident on a clear day. However, this time it was raining lightly and this traffic backup made us panic that there was a flash flood warning that we didn't hear about it and the cars were leaving Hanalei before the bridge was closed.

Based on these incidents I certainly don't disregard the claim that traffic is bad in Kauai and that no further development should be approved. We had NO problem with the traffic when we drove around for a week except for these 2 incidents which were really bad. Therefore, I feel that the traffic problems are location specific just like anywhere else.(We were in bumper to bumper traffic leaving the airport Saturday Afternoon in Honolulu.). Are they preventing any type of development in Hanalei and Lihue due to the traffic problems?
I am wondering if the mention of traffic problems are just a way to prevent the development of Coco Palms.

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
I got the vibe from most locals that they didnt want tourists there.....So I won't go and will spend my money elsewhere.