• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Major Change to Wyndham VIP Program in Email 7/19/2021 [MERGED]

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Ooookaaay….

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still can't get over the moochers and freeloaders here playing the victim card, it's really outrageous
I still can't get over the moochers and freeloaders here playing the victim card, it's really outrageous
Yeah a lot of VIP owners that were renting with resale points while using VIP benefits and free upgrades are playing that card now.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never complained about VIPs benefiting from using resale points, that was you and only you. My emails were thanking Wyndham after implementing the changes that stifle renting, which I turn freeing up primetime reservations so those who use their for personal use can actually book a reservation during those timeframes.
How much did it cost all owners from this abuse of a loophole. 130 Free GC's let alone the free HK's . Let's talk about the availability that was used at owners expense when they could not book for personal use. Using resale points with VIP benefits for rentals was a big reason a owner could not find availability. Believe it or not Vip Owners abused this to the point it was costing Wyndham to much money then it was worth sales selling as a VIP benefit

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only have the last two iterations of the VIP program rules. This is the second time someone has responded to my posts by referring to an earlier directory that explicitly disallowed VIP benfits to resale points. Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the earlier VIP program rules or at least post an excerpt of those rules. It would be much appreciated.

this is from the 2012-13 directory pg 331 This directory is posted in the Tug Wyndham forum stickies (I posted it and its still there
1627435262290.png

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good night everyone.
I feel sorry for you. Your no more than a victim of tug. You chose to follow the suggestions and then you got burnt. The writing was on the wall for a few years now. Your the guy on the bottom that just got here to late! You missed the days of the Wyndham"wild wild west". It seems you are one of the few that thought it would last forever. Suck it in. It was nice while it lasted. The first hint was limiting how many units at a resort a renter can book. Next was cancel and rebook. Cancel and rebook was also a loophole that was closed. Year after year and presentation after presentation we are told resale points do not receive VIP benefits.

This isn't new. Only a fool in heaven didn't know this was coming. Wyndham doesn't want you. They never did. Not Wyndham is exerting pain to make you either go away or enjoy timesharing. It don't take many meta renters who own 50,000,000 or even ten, fifty million easily turns into at least,'at least, 100,000,000. I wish you well, but just too late.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you. Your no more than a victim of tug. You chose to follow the suggestions and then you got burnt. The writing was on the wall for a few years now. Your the guy on the bottom that just got here to late! You missed the days of the Wyndham"wild wild west". It seems you are one of the few that thought it would last forever. Suck it in. It was nice while it lasted. The first hint was limiting how many units at a resort a renter can book. Next was cancel and rebook. Cancel and rebook was also a loophole that was closed. Year after year and presentation after presentation we are told resale points do not receive VIP benefits.

This isn't new. Only a fool in heaven didn't know this was coming. Wyndham doesn't want you. They never did. Not Wyndham is exerting pain to make you either go away or enjoy timesharing. It don't take many meta renters who own 50,000,000 or even ten, fifty million easily turns into at least,'at least, 100,000,000. I wish you well, but just too late.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Wow! What's that about -- "Victim of TUG"? What perspective are you coming from? Don't tell me, I would rather guess. I enjoy looking at things from different perspectives. It's more or less what I did for a living. :unsure:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never complained about VIPs benefiting from using resale points, that was you and only you. .
this is from the 2012-13 directory pg 331 This directory is posted in the Tug Wyndham forum stickies (I posted it and its still there
View attachment 37963
I was not the only one @ronparise mentioned it several years back. I also mentioned it a "few" times to let owners know it wasn't a benefit as stated in members directory. It was just another strategy for sales to sell more points. I was really suprised how many owners believed it was a benefit and not a loophole.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! What's that about -- "Victim of TUG"? What perspective are you coming from? Don't tell me, I would rather guess. I enjoy looking at things from different perspectives. It's more or less what I did for a living. :unsure:
Yep. Not a different, but the perspective. It is you that are out of step. I'm the guy that used the tips upto what I wanted to do with my timeshare. For years this topic has been discussed. I think I can say that the concensus is it is a loophole. Getting away with it for years and you want compensation? For getting away with getting a minimum of double there value? You got to admit that even sounds nuts!

It sounds too good to be true, and it wasn't.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not the only one @ronparise mentioned it several years back. I also mentioned it a "few" times to let owners know it wasn't a benefit as stated in members directory. It was just another strategy for sales to sell more points. I was really suprised how many owners believed it was a benefit and not a loophole.
Really? You had to go back to 2012 to try to prove a point. Really? That's almost 10 years old. Really?

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
I just received the email for Wyndham owners without resale. No mention of resale points.

Is this the follow-up email someone mentioned would be sent by Wyndham to clarify the wording on the website? Can you post the email here for those of us that didn't receive it?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Is this the follow-up email someone mentioned would be sent by Wyndham to clarify the wording on the website? Can you post the email here for those of us that didn't receive it?
No, this was the one to all other owners (vs. the one to owners specifically affected by the VIP/resale issue). The one raygo was referring to was super general, and the webpage it linked to was also super general.

Here's the relevant text from the email:
Enhancing Your Online Experience
We’re excited to share a new feature coming soon to your Club Wyndham website that will streamline the vacation planning process and give you a more comprehensive view of your membership. In mid-August, we will introduce a new online Benefits Summary so you can easily track your benefits and have greater visibility into the points you have available.

Upon booking a resort reservation or making another type of transaction online, the Benefits Summary will update automatically to reflect your current points and benefits — giving you more control over how you use your membership to make memories of a lifetime.
And the text from the included link:
Online Benefits Summary
A new feature on your Club Wyndham website is on the way to help streamline your vacation planning process and provide a more comprehensive view of your membership.
What’s New?
In mid-August, a new online Benefits Summary will be introduced allowing you to track your benefits and give you more visibility into the points you have available.
How Will It Work?
Upon booking a resort reservation or making another type of transaction on your Club Wyndham website, the Benefits Summary will update automatically to reflect your current points and benefits.
Why The Update?
This new tool puts you in the driver’s seat, giving you more control over how you use your membership and making it easier than ever to check destinations off your bucket list.
For more information, sign up for an upcoming owner education session.

As an added note, the link to the owner education session gives a different choice of dates than the one on the VIP/resale version of the webpage.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Really? You had to go back to 2012 to try to prove a point. Really? That's almost 10 years old. Really?
As I posted a bit earlier in the thread, the same language is in the 2014-15 directory, which was the current, in-print directory through June of 2018 (when the current directory came out), so only 3 years ago.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Answers from Wyndham on our outstanding list of questions below. The answers provided have been officially reviewed and approved by Wyndham for public consumption:

• If you need to combine both VIP eligible and non eligible points for a large reservation and thus book using non-VIP eligible and borrow some of your VIP-eligible points, will the points used from both buckets combine for ARP purposes (e.g. if you own both retail and resale CWA contracts)?
    • Yes, whether with CWS or CWA and across both the developer and resale points buckets - same ARP contract combination rules as are in place today.

• Will Wyndham require a separate Points Deposit Fee for VIP and non-VIP points in different buckets?
    • No, but resale will be prioritized over retail for PDF transactions. Just like today - separate PDF transactions will result in separate fees.

• If you are short points on a VIP reservation could you choose to borrow points from the next Use Year even when you have resale points available in same use year?
    • Yes, normal borrowing should apply but if any amount of resale points are borrowed the reservation will be considered a resale reservation and VIP benefits will not apply.

• Are Wyndham Owner Care reps being trained in advance on how to answer inquiries related to these somewhat complex changes?
    • Yes they are.

• Will more detailed information be provided on the rulesets used for the current use year audits?
    • No fees will be charged due to retroactive changes from any audits. For future use years - if you have already used what would normally have been allotted - you will not be charged fees for using beyond those allotments - however you will have zero balances for those allotments for the current and/or future use years in scope.

• Will Wyndham publish recommended best practices for how to utilize the different points buckets for the impacted VIP owners?
    • No - because the variety of use cases and the minority of owners impacted (only 4000 owners currently hold resale contracts consisting of roughly 2xk contracts).

• Will Wyndham be making any changes to how resale contracts function for reservations? For example, will resale contracts still support ARP reservations for the home resort(s)?
    • No, no additional changes for resale are in scope for this planned change other than what has already been announced to VIP owners.

• Statement: “Non-VIP Eligible Points will follow the standard booking timeline and VIP Eligible Points will have an extended booking timeline for reservations and transactions, in accordance with existing VIP guidelines.” What extended timeline do VIP eligible points have (other than RARP or Margaritaville, which are mentioned elsewhere)?
    • The statement was meant to address VIP privileges such as RARP, MVC booking windows, etc. No changes to resale contracts are planned.

• How will this change impact reservations made already in future use years?
    • It won't. For resale transactions - if your allotments of GCs/HKs/RTs have already been used - a zero balance will show post system change - no negative balances and/or additional fees will be charged retroactively.

• For hybrid VIP owners that hold both retail and resale contracts. Will we receive separate dedicated GCs, HKs, and RTs for our resale contract points? For example, as a VIPG owner, I receive 10 complimentary GCs today. Will I receive the traditional two GCs and associated amount of HKs and RTs for my resale bucket points, in addition to the complimentary VIPG GCs I already am entitled to? Will the HKs and RTs round up or down if the points don't exactly match the 77k and 70k thresholds?
    • Yes. Resale contracts will hold their own dedicated GCs, HKs, and RTs for usage, following the standard Club allocations.

• When borrowing points from future use years for reservations, will you be able to choose from developer/resale points buckets? Or will the system automatically make that determination somehow?
    • Yes you will choose which points bucket from which to borrow.

• If an owner does not agree with any of the audit changes, will Wyndham work with them or are the allocation decisions final?
    • Please contact Owner Resolution with any questions or concerns.

• Will Wyndham offer free transactions for any reservations that need to be canceled/rebooked/changed based on the new system?

• Will there be any additional HK credits and/or RTs allotted to owners to ensure account wholeness through the rest of the current use year?
    • At most the balances would be zero'd out - no negative balances will exist. Please contact Owner Resolution with any questions or concerns.

• When does Wyndham recommend owners reach out for help? Before or after the go-live date?
    • The best practice is to wait until go-live before contacting Owner Resolution as many of the answers won't really make sense until you see the system changes for yourself.

• When will the member directory be updated to reflect these changes?
    • Sometime between Q3 and Q4 is the expected release date for the updated member directory.

• What, if any effect, does this change have for things like using outrigger banked points in future years to book longer stays at outrigger locations? So e.g. if you bank all outrigger account points from 2021 to 2022 can you book ALL those points at outrigger in 2022?
    • Yes all points should be useable in future use years - no changes are taking place that would impact this use case scenario.

• Do the points buckets remain segregated when banking into future use years?
    • Yes. When performing PDFs you should be able to choose from All Points, Developer Points, or Resale points buckets. If you choose All points, resale points will transfer automatically before Developer points. If you choose more points than your resale bucket has available, then the remainder of the points will be taken from your Developer points bucket. Separate transactions will warrant separate fees - just as they do today.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, this was the one to all other owners (vs. the one to owners specifically affected by the VIP/resale issue). The one raygo was referring to was super general, and the webpage it linked to was also super general.

Here's the relevant text from the email:

And the text from the included link:

As an added note, the link to the owner education session gives a different choice of dates than the one on the VIP/resale version of the webpage.

Thanks, but now I'm even more confused! I don't think I received an email regarding the "VIP/resale" issue either. Could you send me that as well? I've made 3 attempts to make sure Wyndham has my correct email address and I frequently check my Spam & junk folders, but I still don't seem to be getting these communications!

Last edited by a moderator:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

The email for the VIP/resale owners has already been posted earlier in this same thread - on page one - first post - it's what started this thread. :cool:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Answers from Wyndham on our outstanding list of questions below. The answers provided have been officially reviewed and approved by Wyndham for public consumption:

• If you need to combine both VIP eligible and non eligible points for a large reservation and thus book using non-VIP eligible and borrow some of your VIP-eligible points, will the points used from both buckets combine for ARP purposes (e.g. if you own both retail and resale CWA contracts)?
    • Yes, whether with CWS or CWA and across both the developer and resale points buckets - same ARP contract combination rules as are in place today.

• Will Wyndham require a separate Points Deposit Fee for VIP and non-VIP points in different buckets?
    • No, but resale will be prioritized over retail for PDF transactions. Just like today - separate PDF transactions will result in separate fees.

• If you are short points on a VIP reservation could you choose to borrow points from the next Use Year even when you have resale points available in same use year?
    • Yes, normal borrowing should apply but if any amount of resale points are borrowed the reservation will be considered a resale reservation and VIP benefits will not apply.

• Are Wyndham Owner Care reps being trained in advance on how to answer inquiries related to these somewhat complex changes?
    • Yes they are.

• Will more detailed information be provided on the rulesets used for the current use year audits?
    • No fees will be charged due to retroactive changes from any audits. For future use years - if you have already used what would normally have been allotted - you will not be charged fees for using beyond those allotments - however you will have zero balances for those allotments for the current and/or future use years in scope.

• Will Wyndham publish recommended best practices for how to utilize the different points buckets for the impacted VIP owners?
    • No - because the variety of use cases and the minority of owners impacted (only 4000 owners currently hold resale contracts consisting of roughly 2xk contracts).

• Will Wyndham be making any changes to how resale contracts function for reservations? For example, will resale contracts still support ARP reservations for the home resort(s)?
    • No, no additional changes for resale are in scope for this planned change other than what has already been announced to VIP owners.

• Statement: “Non-VIP Eligible Points will follow the standard booking timeline and VIP Eligible Points will have an extended booking timeline for reservations and transactions, in accordance with existing VIP guidelines.” What extended timeline do VIP eligible points have (other than RARP or Margaritaville, which are mentioned elsewhere)?
    • The statement was meant to address VIP privileges such as RARP, MVC booking windows, etc. No changes to resale contracts are planned.

• It won't. For resale transactions - if your allotments of GCs/HKs/RTs have already been used - a zero balance will show post system change - no negative balances and/or additional fees will be charged retroactively.

• For hybrid VIP owners that hold both retail and resale contracts. Will we receive separate dedicated GCs, HKs, and RTs for our resale contract points? For example, as a VIPG owner, I receive 10 complimentary GCs today. Will I receive the traditional two GCs and associated amount of HKs and RTs for my resale bucket points, in addition to the complimentary VIPG GCs I already am entitled to? Will the HKs and RTs round up or down if the points don't exactly match the 77k and 70k thresholds?
    • Yes. Resale contracts will hold their own dedicated GCs, HKs, and RTs for usage, following the standard Club allocations.

• When borrowing points from future use years for reservations, will you be able to choose from developer/resale points buckets? Or will the system automatically make that determination somehow?

• If an owner does not agree with any of the audit changes, will Wyndham work with them or are the allocation decisions final?

• Will Wyndham offer free transactions for any reservations that need to be canceled/rebooked/changed based on the new system?

• Will there be any additional HK credits and/or RTs allotted to owners to ensure account wholeness through the rest of the current use year?
    • At most the balances would be zero'd out - no negative balances will exist. Please contact Owner Resolution with any questions or concerns.

• When does Wyndham recommend owners reach out for help? Before or after the go-live date?
    • The best practice is to wait until go-live before contacting Owner Resolution as many of the answers won't really make sense until you see the system changes for yourself.

• Sometime between Q3 and Q4 is the expected release date for the updated member directory.

• What, if any effect, does this change have for things like using outrigger banked points in future years to book longer stays at outrigger locations? So e.g. if you bank all outrigger account points from 2021 to 2022 can you book ALL those points at outrigger in 2022?
    • Yes all points should be useable in future use years - no changes are taking place that would impact this use case scenario.

• Yes. When performing PDFs you should be able to choose from All Points, Developer Points, or Resale points buckets. If you choose All points, resale points will transfer automatically before Developer points. If you choose more points than your resale bucket has available, then the remainder of the points will be taken from your Developer points bucket. Separate transactions will warrant separate fees - just as they do today.

Thanks! Truly appreciate the extra effort you make.

@TUGBrian, not sure what the criteria is for lifetime membership, but if it’s value added….

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

• Yes they are.

• Yes. When performing PDFs you should be able to choose from All Points, Developer Points, or Resale points buckets. If you choose All points, resale points will transfer automatically before Developer points. If you choose more points than your resale bucket has available, then the remainder of the points will be taken from your Developer points bucket. Separate transactions will warrant separate fees - just as they do toda
THANK YOU! It sure would be nice if Wyndham would include Q & A's regarding important topics like this on the website so they can be referred to in the future. Similar to all the issues and questions regarding all the new website roll-out problems, it's ridiculous that we have to rely on you & others through TUG to find answers, sometimes having to search through multiple threads & hundreds of posts to do so.

While I'm on the subject, their request for feedback loop appears to be a total waste of time. User feedback goes into a blackhole that is never responded, to and we never know whether the "message has been received" and is being addressed or ignored. Why can't they publish the questions & comments they receive along with whether or not the issue will be addressed in future releases, and if not why not? It seems that would eliminate a lot of duplicate or repeat comments from multiple users. (The placement of the feedback tab is also frustrating. Because of its location, I frequently get an unwanted pop-up requesting comments when I'm only interested in scrolling through whatever I'm looking for at the time. Move it somewhere where the request for feedback only appears when I want it to!)

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The email for the VIP/resale owners has already been posted earlier in this same thread - on page one - first post - it's what started this thread. :cool:
Ok. Thanks. I thought I read in later posts that Wyndham was going to be sending a follow-up email to the first. (I had it in my mind that it was expected last Thursday?) I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something else they have sent recently..

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
THANK YOU! It sure would be nice if Wyndham would include Q & A's regarding important topics like this on the website so they can be referred to in the future. Similar to all the issues and questions regarding all the new website roll-out problems, it's ridiculous that we have to rely on you & others through TUG to find answers, sometimes having to search through multiple threads & hundreds of posts to do so.

While I'm on the subject, their request for feedback loop appears to be a total waste of time. User feedback goes into a blackhole that is never responded, to and we never know whether the "message has been received" and is being addressed or ignored. Why can't they publish the questions & comments they receive along with whether or not the issue will be addressed in future releases, and if not why not? It seems that would eliminate a lot of duplicate or repeat comments from multiple users. (The placement of the feedback tab is also frustrating. Because of its location, I frequently get an unwanted pop-up requesting comments when I'm only interested in scrolling through whatever I'm looking for at the time. Move it somewhere where the request for feedback only appears when I want it to!)

@Richelle and I have both lobbied pretty hard for FAQs along this line in the past to anyone who will listen - and we did so again this time around. We recognize as IT professionals that doing so means you have to then manage that content once published - which adds more work to someone's queue of course - but we feel having FAQs would be a real boon when announcing changes of this nature. We recommended the same approach when the GC changes were first announced. Let's see what we see moving forward.

Regarding the feedback mechanism - that likely uses at least some AI bots to process the requests and segment them for review. It's not that they ignore them - but the volume of requests inbound is such that no human could even attempt to manage and respond to them all. But trust me when I say they do get good information from the feedback mechanism. That said, a subset of the feedback that is presented on TUG - as I've said previously - are outlier requests from those that fall into a vast minority when compared to an average representative owner. In those cases, it likely feels as though much of what is discussed on TUG doesn't get much attention. For major release updates - like the VIP/resale update and the points buckets - Wyndham does send out notifications - the start of this thread is evidence of this fact - but most of the twice a month sprint updates are bug fixes and minor content changes that don't warrant the level of effort it would take to publish and explain. We do the same thing where I work today - we don't publish release notes for the twice monthly sprint releases - just the major feature releases that happen every few months for example. Release notes publishing is much more common for SaaS companies within the IT vertical - it's much less commonly done for companies in other non-IT verticals from what I've observed.

Case in point - one thing we learned in our travels during this latest review process - we were able to determine that there are actually only 4000 owner accounts out of 500k Wyndham CWP accounts total that hold resale contracts and the resale contracts only number in the low 2xk range at present. That means less than 1% of Wyndham owners own resale, and VIP is only a subset of that number. This change was very targeted in other words - and while many TUG owners seem to care a great deal about this change - the vast majority of Wyndham owners could care less - and actually see this all as a very positive development as some here on TUG have argued - and they are in point of fact correct - based upon the numbers at least.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Has any date or date range been published for when exactly this new system will be released? I haven't seen a concrete date yet.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Ok. Thanks. I thought I read in later posts that Wyndham was going to be sending a follow-up email to the first. (I had it in my mind that it was expected last Thursday?) I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something else they have sent recently..

They did - but that was referring to the broader email that went out to a broader audience - which was also posted somewhere in this thread - I just don't wanna make the effort to go find it myself. :)