• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt transfer

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We signed the contract to purchase a Hyatt Coconut week 40, and was informed by the settlement agent yesterday that Hyatt passed ROFR.

I just wonder how long it will take for the deed be transferred to our name since we do not plan to use the week 40 at Coconut, and would like to use CUP points.

What is the best way to utility CUP points vs be locked in home week at week 40? There is only 3 months left.

Any suggestion and ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We signed the contract to purchase a Hyatt Coconut week 40, and was informed by the settlement agent yesterday that Hyatt passed ROFR.

I just wonder how long it will take for the deed be transferred to our name since we do not plan to use the week 40 at Coconut, and would like to use CUP points.

What is the best way to utility CUP points vs be locked in home week at week 40? There is only 3 months left.

We just completed the process and it only took about a week for the deed to be recorded however it then has to go back to Hyatt to update their records which we are told could take at least a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

It really is luck of the draw when it comes to transfers. You still have the following to get through:

Seller signing the Deed
Recording at the county
Transfer company setting up the transfer to send to Hyatt
Hyatt performing the transfer and setting up the account

The first several items can be completed anywhere from about a week or can really drag out.

Hyatt is supposed to do transfers in 30 days. I’ve seen some handled in like 2 weeks and some take more than 60 days.

I never have any problem booking stuff and you can book any future date by the start of your checkin.

You can also make an interval reservation to extend.

You will be limited to reservations within 60 days they got to LCUP.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
It really is luck of the draw when it comes to transfers. You still have the following to get through:

Seller signing the Deed
Recording at the county
Transfer company setting up the transfer to send to Hyatt
Hyatt performing the transfer and setting up the account

The first several items can be completed anywhere from about a week or can really drag out.

Hyatt is supposed to do transfers in 30 days. I’ve seen some handled in like 2 weeks and some take more than 60 days.

I never have any problem booking stuff and you can book any future date by the start of your checkin.

You can also make an interval reservation to extend.

You will be limited to reservations within 60 days they got to LCUP.
We were fortunate, the first 3 items on your list only took about a week for us. 4th item is yet to be seen.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

congratulations!

Ask the current owners to make a reservation for you if there is something you may be interested in. We did that and reimbursed the seller for the reservation fee and guest fee (I think it was about $83 combined). We were happy with the process and we got a unit/week that we wanted.

Best regards.

Mike

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
We have a contract that has passed all checks and is waiting on Hyatt to setup our account.
Started the process May-10th and was told that it could be another month depending on how fast Hyatt moves.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We have a contract that has passed all checks and is waiting on Hyatt to setup our account.
Started the process May-10th and was told that it could be another month depending on how fast Hyatt moves.
Sounds like you are in the same stage and timing as we are. We were told the same about Hyatt setting up our account last week.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sellers are unresponsive to our request to book a desired week for us. My question is whether we are locked in to use week 40 home week or we can use CUP points if the transfer is completed just 1-2 weeks before week 40. What happens if the transfer is completed after week 40?

Thanks for all valuable helps.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sellers are unresponsive to our request to book a desired week for us. My question is whether we are locked in to use week 40 home week or we can use CUP points if the transfer is completed just 1-2 weeks before week 40. What happens if the transfer is completed after week 40?

Thanks for all valuable helps.
You will not be locked into week 40. The home resort preference period will be over and those points have converted to CUP.

If it closes before week 40, you can make a CUP reservation with anything that is available. If it closes after week 40 then the points will be in LCUP. This basically means that you will have 6 months to make a reservation that is within 60 days. This summer has been challenging to use LCUP points. However, if you are flexible, you shouldn't have too much trouble using those points. It's a little easier for us since we live in Denver and can easily visit 4 Hyatt's for things like long weekends.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a phone number for the transfers department at HV Global?
I just sent you a PM with the email address. I don't have the phone number, and I don't know that they have a direct line.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I think I talked to them once when I was buying my first Hacienda Del Mar a few years ago from the Hyatt authorized resellers. ( thus got the hotel transfer points privilege). In any case maybe try calling MEMBER SERVICES ( not the regular Hyatt OWNER SERVICES Reservation line / dept ) and ask them for how best to contact the transfer department. I like wise live in Denver and like TRAVELHACKER I’m in BEAVER CREEK for the week burning points that I would otherwise loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark

It seems to vary. Don't be afraid to ping them weekly. That might get you pulled up to the top.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sellers still have not send the executed deed back to the settlement agent after we paid all fees 3 week ago. They booked the home week 40.

As I understood, we will be locked-in for the week 40 usage if the week does not transfer to us 60 days prior to the home week 40. Or we can cancel the week 40 after the week under our name and be forced to use the points within 60 days in LUCP period. Is there any way we can use in CUP period?

Thanks for any suggestion.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Almost a month and the sellers still haven't sent the executed deed back? Nope! Unless I really wanted that particular week I'd get my money back and press on. That's ridiculous.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I own a coconut plantation week and have recently closed on a Sunset Harbor week. Will I receive any notification from Hyatt when they add the unit to my account? I have been checking my account online and nothing has been added. Its been 3 weeks since Hyatt received the recorded deed and all the paperwork/ fees. Will I need to reach out to Hyatt? Thank you!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a coconut plantation week and have recently closed on a Sunset Harbor week. Will I receive any notification from Hyatt when they add the unit to my account? I have been checking my account online and nothing has been added. Its been 3 weeks since Hyatt received the recorded deed and all the paperwork/ fees. Will I need to reach out to Hyatt? Thank you!
Hyatt has 30 days to complete the transfer, so you still have quite a bit of time to go. We don't really have any recourse if they don't meet that, but in my experience it pre-covid it always came in just before 30 days.

Keep in mind that sometimes the dates the closing company gives you may not match up with Hyatt.

Also, since Marriott laid off a bunch of people (post purchase of ILG and then again related to COVID), they have been super busy.

Personally, I wouldn't reach out unless it's been around 40 days.

Good luck!

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We are exactly where you are too. Been 3 weeks and waiting. We don't own any others so we do not have an account set up yet to check.