• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AirBNB as a TS rental platform

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Sounds too me like the city of New Orleans is trying to double dip on licensing fees, not surprised at all...

Perhaps but my concern for the moment is getting rid of that one nearly complete listing on Airbnb. I can't complete the listing and then delete it because I have to register with the city of New Orleans before I can complete the listing. Kinda stuck in a loop here.

Jesse6283

Reaction score
Perhaps but my concern for the moment is getting rid of that one nearly complete listing on Airbnb. I can't complete the listing and then delete it because I have to register with the city of New Orleans before I can complete the listing. Kinda stuck in a loop here.
I don't think there is a way too delete a pending listing before you publish it. The best option here is too never publish the listing...

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I don't think there is a way too delete a pending listing before you publish it. The best option here is too never publish the listing...

Kind of an odd thing not to be able to do. I'm not the first one to start a listing and not finish it, for whatever reason.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I’ve got two Maui weeks at Westin Kaanapali North listed on Redweek at low prices compared to everyone else and no one has even inquired. I am thinking maybe I should try AirBnB. Can anyone recommend how I can get AirBnB to help me set up the listings? Or is there an easy way to set it up myself?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve got two Maui weeks at Westin Kaanapali North listed on Redweek at low prices compared to everyone else and no one has even inquired. I am thinking maybe I should try AirBnB. Can anyone recommend how I can get AirBnB to help me set up the listings? Or is there an easy way to set it up myself?

First listing is a bear. There's no easy way I know of to get started with Airbnb if you're doing it yourself. Maybe one of the Ambassadors can help

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
First listing is a bear. There's no easy way I know of to get started with Airbnb if you're doing it yourself. Maybe one of the Ambassadors can help

How do you find an Ambassador? What is an Ambassador?

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly, the Ambassador will help you set up your first ad and there is no fee beyond the 3%. If they assist with any additional ads, the fee goes up to 10%. Is that correct?

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly, the Ambassador will help you set up your first ad and there is no fee beyond the 3%. If they assist with any additional ads, the fee goes up to 10%. Is that correct?

The "ambassadors" are harvesting airbnb referral bonuses. Thats why the fee goes up for 2nd ads.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "ambassadors" are harvesting airbnb referral bonuses. Thats why the fee goes up for 2nd ads.

That makes sense. I have a couple weeks that don't do well on Redweek, so might have to give it a try.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC

Can’t you put an overly high rental price so it won’t get rented and add in notes or title that it’s not act for rent?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can’t you put an overly high rental price so it won’t get rented and add in notes or title that it’s not act for rent?

No, I can't do that. I can't list it. From what @Jesse6283 says, there is no way to delete pending listings. I guess it will be there forever. Even longer!! For all of eternity!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I can't do that. I can't list it. From what @Jesse6283 says, there is no way to delete pending listings. I guess it will be there forever. Even longer!! For all of eternity!
Try this number for Airbnb support 415 800-5959

Jesse6283

Reaction score
My listing still doesn't show up, when i search Cancun for Dec 26 to Jan 2. Frustrating experience with the platform so far
Did you wait 24 hours until you searched for it ? It usually takes a bit of time until it goes live...

Jesse6283

Reaction score
[ DELETED: Once again - you cannot promote your for-profit venture on TUG. ]

[ TUG Rules:
If you are a broker or salesperson, or work in an allied field, we welcome your participation on the board. We value your industry perspective and valuable insights. We do not appreciate, however, attempts to use our bbs for direct commercial purposes. We do not, for instance, welcome your adding tag lines promoting your business, such as "Call me for more information." Use the board as a way to be helpful and build your reputation, not as a direct sales tool, please. Due to flagrant commercial violations by some abusers in the past, we have found it necessary to be very strict about this. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse6283

Reaction score

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
First Rental checked in yesterday. I will report back on how long it took to get funds into my bank account. They have pending payment still as of as today. I will keep you posted.

I did pre-register my account and they have done a testing transfer of $0.01 so I know they link to the right account. So we shall see.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Funds are now showing Pending in my Bank Account.

So Timeline:
Sat Renter checked in, Day 0
Sun showing Pending in AirBNB, Day 1
Mon showing Posted in AirBNB, Day 2
Tues showing Pending in my Bank. Day 3

wonder if it was not a weekend checkin day if the process would drop a day, or it will always be 3 days post check-in.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One thing to be careful about. Airbnb acts as if every place is a "house" and that dates can be altered.

I received an inquiry that was one day off from what my reservation was but I didn't notice it. It's at National Harbor and adding a day at the end would have cost ~$300.

I was considering canceling but would have brought down the wrath of Airbnb -- fines, bad marks, fire and brimstone, etc. Fortunately, the guy said July 17-24 was as good as 18-25. Better believe I'll read the email next time!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing to be careful about. Airbnb acts as if every place is a "house" and that dates can be altered.

I received an inquiry that was one day off from what my reservation was but I didn't notice it. It's at National Harbor and adding a day at the end would have cost ~$300.

I was considering canceling but would have brought down the wrath of Airbnb -- fines, bad marks, fire and brimstone, etc. Fortunately, the guy said July 17-24 was as good as 18-25. Better believe I'll read the email next time!
I kept having the same problems, I was getting confirmation for an extra day I didn’t have

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I think you can block the calendar in a way that it's only possible to reserve the exact dates you have available.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
checkout day should NOT be an available day.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you can block the calendar in a way that it's only possible to reserve the exact dates you have available.
True, but didn’t work on three occasions