• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Walt Disney World Rides, Ranked

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The Pandora flight is by far my favorite. Should be #1.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I don't expect anyone else's ranking to be similar to my own. My choices are influenced by not only 'my personal favorites' but also by family history, stories, traditions. Some we ride 'for Mom' or because of a fond memory that others might not have/understand. Nobody's ranking can change my mind!

We are all incredibly different, right? As I've stated before (here and/or elsewhere), I don't feel Pandora's FoP. It doesn't work for me. Rather, I spend the time distracted and turning my head to see the engineering and to observe how others are responding. The ride doesn't give me sufficient sense of motion. I don't care for it ... but Primeval Whirl? Yes! I like that ride! Do I expect others to like P.W.? Umm, not so much.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I did not care for Pandora’s Flight either. I loved the Soarin Around the World at Epcot. I loved the live Safari at Animal Kingom. Those are my two favorite attractions at Walt Disney World. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. I like many other attractions too especially the classics at MK.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
The Pandora flight is by far my favorite. Should be #1.
Couldn’t agree more!! I got to ride it 6 times in one day thanks to COVID. Everest should not be #1..... how it is ahead of ROTR or FOP is beyond me.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everest should not be #1..... how it is ahead of ROTR or FOP is beyond me.
LOL, I'm guessing someone like me must have been compiling the list! A good rollercoaster (real movement!) beats simulators all day long.

ROTR is s tough one to quantify ... it isn't a simulator but also doesn't offer much physical movement. For me, it is a classic Disney dark ride; a modern version of Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc. Your ride vehicle moves through a story ...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
LOL, I'm guessing someone like me must have been compiling the list! A good rollercoaster (real movement!) beats simulators all day long.

ROTR is s tough one to quantify ... it isn't a simulator but also doesn't offer much physical movement. For me, it is a Disney classic dark ride; a modern version of Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc. Your ride vehicle moves through a story ...
I think the whole ROTR experience is great, it feels like you’re in that world for quite a bit. They made it a whole experience which is what I like. When it comes to coasters, I have to compare the Disney coasters to other coasters in other theme parks and They are all weak in comparison.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To me this is almost pointless as everyone will have a totally different list depending not their preferences including the ages of the group. For us we'd totally leave off anything that is likely to produce motion sickness.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
FoP is my #1 too - every time I ride, I see something new off to one side or another or even a new detail in front of me. It’s incredible the amount of detail they put into that film! And the movements of the seat and platform are well synchronized with the film. I love the part where you fly around the rock arch. I didn’t realize we were “flying upside down” until I had ridden multiple times. Like I said, always something new!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
FoP is my #1 too - every time I ride, I see something new off to one side or another or even a new detail in front of me. It’s incredible the amount of detail they put into that film! And the movements of the seat and platform are well synchronized with the film. I love the part where you fly around the rock arch. I didn’t realize we were “flying upside down” until I had ridden multiple times. Like I said, always something new!
Couldn’t agree more!!! I will look for the upside down flight now.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Couldn’t agree more!!! I will look for the upside down flight now.
Yes, since your seat doesn’t actually rotate 360°, you don’t feel it like you feel the other swoops and dives. You have to be looking at the scenery around you to realize you’ve done a loop the loop!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I don't love roller coasters. I love Star Tours and a bunch of other simulators. I really love Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey, but I can only ride it once. We were able to ride it two times in a row within a few minutes and it made me dizzy.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Flight of Passage is our favorite as well but Nomand's lounge might have something to do with it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hijack time..... I know it’s not Disney but I’ll be previewing the new velocicoaster in a week! Super excited. Although not sure what I’m most excited about. The fact that I get to ride the coaster a month before it officially opens or the fact that I was finally able to use a VSN escape and book 3 nights in a 2 bedroom over a weekend for 16K Star Options at vistana villages lol.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hijack time..... I know it’s not Disney but I’ll be previewing the new velocicoaster in a week! Super excited. Although not sure what I’m most excited about. The fact that I get to ride the coaster a month before it officially opens or the fact that I was finally able to use a VSN escape and book 3 nights in a 2 bedroom over a weekend for 16K Star Options at vistana villages lol.
Please come back and report on it! We booked WBC for a week in November, and when UOR announced the June opening for the Velocicoaster, my adrenaline-junky sister booked the same week at another resort. So we’re going together to UOR, and I’m waffling about riding it, being averse to long steep drops. I love RnR at DHS as well as Hagrid at UOR, so if it’s similar, even if more intense, I’ll probably ride it — once....

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Please come back and report on it! We booked WBC for a week in November, and when UOR announced the June opening for the Velocicoaster, my adrenaline-junky sister booked the same week at another resort. So we’re going together to UOR, and I’m waffling about riding it, being averse to long steep drops. I love RnR at DHS as well as Hagrid at UOR, so if it’s similar, even if more intense, I’ll probably ride it — once....
When in November? If you’re going to be there the 19th-20th, I highly recommend the Orlando informer meetup group. I booked for December 10th, which sold out in a matter of 3 hours..... it’s an exclusive event, they only sell 7K tickets and it includes free food. The park is closed for event attendees. Little to no wait times.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When in November? If you’re going to be there the 19th-20th, I highly recommend the Orlando informer meetup group. I booked for December 10th, which sold out in a matter of 3 hours..... it’s an exclusive event, they only sell 7K tickets and it includes free food. The park is closed for event attendees. Little to no wait times.

Thanks, I’ll look into it!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Wish me luck, I'm heading to WDW with the grandsons on Tuesday and everthing I'm reading online is saying its the hottest it's ever been this early in May in Orlando. I'm not going to push myself. If my son and daughter in law want to go till they drop, we will head back to the room and sleep and cool off at the pool...

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wish me luck, I'm heading to WDW with the grandsons on Tuesday and everthing I'm reading online is saying its the hottest it's ever been this early in May in Orlando. I'm not going to push myself. If my son and daughter in law want to go till they drop, we will head back to the room and sleep and cool off at the pool...
Good luck - or pixie dust, whichever works!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are here. It's not as humid as it can be, but it's been hot. 98 degrees a few days ago. Today it's going to be a high of 84, supposedly. Going to Universal Studios today. If we could take off the masks, it would help. I am not a person who goes much with a mask, just grocery shopping in a cool and comfortable store at home. We don't go out to eat at all at home.

So this mask wearing all day long is tough for me. My face sweats under the mask, matters not which one I wear. And going from AC to outside, my glasses fog up a lot. I have to wear them to see, so that has been tough.

May is always like that.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
We are also here now. It’s been much better the last day and a half-was really
Miserable earlier in the week. I find the paper masks work much better in the heat than cloth ones do. My family fights me about it, but it’s so worth getting to the parks early-they open gates 45 minutes before official opening time-and knocking out as much as possible in the first couple hours, then leaving in the heat for a swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are here. It's not as humid as it can be, but it's been hot. 98 degrees a few days ago. Today it's going to be a high of 84, supposedly. Going to Universal Studios today. If we could take off the masks, it would help. I am not a person who goes much with a mask, just grocery shopping in a cool and comfortable store at home. We don't go out to eat at all at home.

So this mask wearing all day long is tough for me. My face sweats under the mask, matters not which one I wear. And going from AC to outside, my glasses fog up a lot. I have to wear them to see, so that has been tough.

May is always like that.

We purchased cooling towels and fans so I hope those help us...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are also here now. It’s been much better the last day and a half-was really
Miserable earlier in the week. I find the paper masks work much better in the heat than cloth ones do. My family fights me about it, but it’s so worth getting to the parks early-they open gates 45 minutes before official opening time-and knocking out as much as possible in the first couple hours, then leaving in the heat for a swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are going to get up super early each day and get to the parks early and then when it's hot go back and swim. I'm also going to wear my paper masks as the cloth masks really don't work well on me, at work I wear the gaiters

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

May is always like that.

Did you make reservations at any restaurants that you loved?