• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX BONUS WEEK

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I called to SFX about to deposit my Fiesta Americana week, but they told me that they don´t work with FAVC. They offer me to buy 3 years of Diamond membership for $299 and buy bonus weeks. I asked them how often is possible to get inventory in Vidanta and they said that they usually have.
I will apreciate any information of somebody who has experience with Bonus Weeks, thanks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi, I called to SFX about to deposit my Fiesta Americana week, but they told me that they don´t work with FAVC. They offer me to buy 3 years of Diamond membership for $299 and buy bonus weeks. I asked them how often is possible to get inventory in Vidanta and they said that they usually have.
I will apreciate any information of somebody who has experience with Bonus Weeks, thanks.

Hi Simon63,
I do not have direct experience with SFX .

However - since you are looking for summer weeks I would think your chances are good of getting access to Vidanta between May and November.

[ Vidanta has lots of members from cold winter places - Canada -Minnesota - Wisconsin etc.
We want Jan -April; so if you were looking for Feb 2022 you might not get it. / summer is likely has more availability through SFX ]

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Tom, yes I´m looking more for summer, but I don´t know if is the same inventory with bonus week than interchange. For me that´s ok 1or 2br at Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan.

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I don´t know if is the same inventory with bonus week than interchange.
While I haven't used a bonus week yet, my understanding is that you have access to the same inventory. The price is dependent on unit size and check-in date (fees are reduced as it gets closer to check-in). There may be an additional cost for high quality resorts and certain locations. When I've been offered an exchange, I've asked for the price if I were to use a bonus week. I've not elected to use the bonus week since it was always a higher cost. However, I could have used a bonus week for each of the exchanges. I didn't realize there was an option to purchase bonus weeks (without depositing a unit).

They also have some great deals that pop up in Resort Escapes, especially so if you are a diamond-level member. The discount on one week could net you savings greater than the cost of the 3-year membership.

@Eric B or @rickandcindy23 may be able to provide additional insight.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use bonus weeks all the time with SFX. As previously mentioned, the pricing depends on the unit size (Studio/1BR/2BR/3BR) and how far in advance the check-in date is. Typically things that are 6+ months away are $899/week for a 2 BR. there's a $200 upcharge I believe for Grand Luxxe. there's also the $75 resort fee (Vidanta charge when you check out). Depending on one's MF/deposit, it can be higiher/lower to use a bonus week vs. an exchange week. For me, it's about a break even.

If I deposit my 2400 point Hilton week, pay the $59 booking fee and the $64 or whatever Guest Certificate, plus my MF/point, and use it to exchange into a 2 BR Grand Bliss, it will cost me (plus the $149 SFX exchange fee): $680

Obviously if I have to deposit my 3400 point week it's a bit more at around $980.

If I use a bonus week, and it's more than 6 months out it's $799 (I'm a diamond member so I get the $100 discount off of bonus week and reduced exchange fee)

But if I can get the bonus week in under 90 days (again, for summer you're probably OK, but I wouldn't count on this during high season) it's $699, which is almost the same as my exchange week.

Bonus weeks expire in 1 year. Exchange/deposited weeks expire depending upon membership level and future deposits.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You can sign up for the free membership and look at the 60 day inventory, then decide if its worth upgrading to platinum.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I signed up free daimond membership, but only see a few escapes, no one in Mexico, is there any other way to see more inventory on line or I have to call, thanks

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I signed up free daimond membership, but only see a few escapes, no one in Mexico, is there any other way to see more inventory on line or I have to call, thanks
You have to call; the online exchange system is non-existent at the moment (and different than the resort escapes). They're supposedly working on a new online exchange system; the previous one was atrocious and virtually useless.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Generally their resort escapes are short-term (ie, 3-months or less, but not always) and are usually (again not always) deposits that folks have made that nobody has taken yet. Given that travel demand is picking up AND resorts are still limiting capacity (even for Mexico I think they're anywhere between 40-60% capacity limited depending on what zone they're in), I anticipate there's going to be not a lot of excess inventory anywhere. But I could be wrong.

limitless

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club
For my bonus week Grand Luxxe was $300 for the 1 bedroom or $400 for the 2 bedroom. There is a $75 fee but that includes transportation to the resort. I booked yesterday for this month. That doesn't include the $299 booking fee.

limitless

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club
Also they said I'll have access to the grand luxxe pools and the beach club.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues going to the beach club or the GL pool when I went.

Thanks! They must've temporarily changed things for COVID. It used to be only during high season (11/25 - March) that only owners, staying on an owners week, could use the Grand Luxxe (or Grand Bliss) amenities.

Then they extended it year round (I had some friends staying in low season in October and weren't allowed to use the pool/beach club/spa or burger place).

Riviera Maya location only. We'll see if they continue to allow non-owner weeks usage of the amenities.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have used SFX for Vidanta exclusively. I have booked 2 Luxxe units, about 5 Grand Units and a Bliss unit.

SFX has decent access to Vidanta inventory. Luxxe units are a surcharge on exchanges, but all other weeks are not and at last check the fee to Vidanta is only $75 for the week, not the nightly charge they rip you off with on RCI inbounds.