• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Netflix and Streaming at HGV Resorts

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I know some of the MVC resorts like Maui Ocean Club now have have feature on the TV's where you link your Netflix, Pandora, Hulu and other accounts to the TVs in the unit. This feature is also showing up at more and more hotels... Has HGV added this at any of their resorts yet?

We are headed the Kings Land, and Ocean tower next month and may want to to watch some shows at night... I used to travel with a Roku stick, but that's gone missing, and may have been left on the back of TV somewhere.

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
I haven’t run into any smart TVs at the HGVs I’ve stayed at. I just use my iPad and a 6ft HDMI cable I travel with.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
When we stayed at Ocean Enclave last week they had a way to stream from a device and I tried to use it but didn’t have my Netflix login handy so I don‘t have any user experience. I think many of the HGVC properties I’ve looked at have it in the room descriptions.

i just looked at the Kings Land room descriptions and they mention the device streaming capabilit.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We just came back from HGVC in Las Vegas and there was smart tv capability. Our only issue was we were not able to stream on all tvs.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
These places have TVs? :)

Cheers.

We have seen a number of live TV performances in Honolulu, South Beach as well as Las Vegas. Some of the girls are very faminine and you wouldn't know they were TVs unless you knew you were at a Trans Show.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Ocean enclave did have it but was clunky as heck and not very user friendly

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just came back from HGVC in Las Vegas and there was smart tv capability. Our only issue was we were not able to stream on all tvs.

Are you saying you can't stream to all the TVs at the same time, or some of the TVs you just can't stream to at all?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven’t run into any smart TVs at the HGVs I’ve stayed at. I just use my iPad and a 6ft HDMI cable I travel with.

I have also done that with a cable and my laptop. When traveling internationally for work this allows me to VPN to US and you can access some region restricted content. The challenge with HDMI is that sometimes the TVs are bolted close to the wall and you can't access the HDMI port, or its difficult to change the input on the TV.

nhbaskets

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Just back from Oceans Enclave where I used Netflix. Took several attempts to login, but once I did, was seamless thereafter.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yes HGV is converting to a new TV system that includes streaming services. I don’t think all the resorts have been converted at this point. It’s on the “to do” list at Lagoon.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld, Bay Club at Waikoloa, Hilton Hawaiian Village.
When I went in October last year to HGVC Hokulani in Waikiki, their TV's had this capability.

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
I've been taking my VR headset when I travel ... as long as the WiFi's good, I find it a versatile alternative to TV, plus it's already configured the way I like it, with accounts set up.

On my last few trips to Hawai'i, I never turned the room TV on, but I did watch lots.

On the lanai, mai tai at your fingertips, with a warm Hawaiian breeze, and a totally immersive screen, is a great way to end your day ... whether it be flipping through your day's photos, videos, or watching Netflix. Too tired to make it to the lanai ... crawl into bed and watch there.

Last edited:

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know some of the MVC resorts like Maui Ocean Club now have have feature on the TV's where you link your Netflix, Pandora, Hulu and other accounts to the TVs in the unit. This feature is also showing up at more and more hotels... Has HGV added this at any of their resorts yet?

We are headed the Kings Land, and Ocean tower next month and may want to to watch some shows at night... I used to travel with a Roku stick, but that's gone missing, and may have been left on the back of TV somewhere.

We take an Amazon Fire Stick but obviously any streaming device will do. Because it is difficult to access the HDMI ports, we take an HDMI cable and a female/female adapter (get from Amazon) so we can unplug the DVD player HDMI cable and plug into our cable using the female/female adapter. Could plug directly into your streaming device but often the DVD HDMI cord is quite short and the added length makes positioning easier. We also take an extension cord since power plugs behind the TV are difficult to access.

Really, we rarely watch TV but you didn't ask IF you should watch TV or not, now did you.

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten (3)
HGVC GP Marbrisa

Just returned from Kings Land on 6 May. I took along our Roku Stick - thankfully they had netfix, Prime Video, and other apps installed on the tv, so all I had to do was sign in to my account.. Just remember to wipe your info from the tv before you leave. The back of the tv was covered completely with a panel that prevented us from plugging in a HDMI cable. Wonder why they do this? Anyway, we enjoyed the Smart TV and had no problem logging into our accounts. BTW, there was no DVD player in our unit.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just returned from Kings Land on 6 May. I took along our Roku Stick - thankfully they had netfix, Prime Video, and other apps installed on the tv, so all I had to do was sign in to my account.. Just remember to wipe your info from the tv before you leave. The back of the tv was covered completely with a panel that prevented us from plugging in a HDMI cable. Wonder why they do this? Anyway, we enjoyed the Smart TV and had no problem logging into our accounts. BTW, there was no DVD player in our unit.

Thanks. Thats good info, i was going to bring along an HDMI cable, but won't bother. I am guessing they problems with people breaking things on the TVs with the HDMI ports...

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

So they got rid of the free DVD/ Game machines? They used to have Playstation consoles for playing games and DVDs.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
So they got rid of the free DVD/ Game machines? They used to have Playstation consoles for playing games and DVDs.

We were there in March and the PS3 and DVDs were still there. I'm sure those old machines won't be replaced once they die. The new smart TV system is going in system wide as far as I know. You can even control the TV from your phone if you don't want to touch the remote in the room. They also have Apple Airplay and Chromecast built in.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bring my Firestick with me wherever I go. You sometimes have to hack the TV to get it to work, but I can usually do so. I am staying at the Wyndham National Harbor this week and the TV app actually has a 'connect your device on HDMI2' option on the TV menu. Just needed to unplug the DVD player that was plugged into that port and plugin my Firestick. Worked like a charm. Of course once you get the Firestick menu up, you need to login to the hotel WiFi, which can be a pain at times. I can also share the WiFi from my laptop to the Firestick and get it to work that way. BTW all of these work with ROKU also.