• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enroll an external week for $1,495?

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susan and other Wise Tuggers:

Any opinions on the program that Marriott apparently has rolled out allowing enrollment of externally purchased weeks for a $1,495 fee?

I say “apparently” because this is what I deduced from information contained in the Marriott Vacation Club Insider April 2021, which I received by email yesterday.
  • The Insider contains an article titled: “Ask the Expert: Why Enroll?” https://insider.marriottvacationclu...?cid=email-mvc-insider-nato-executive-04-2021
  • The article contains a link to a webinar about the MVC exchange program: https://www.screencast.com/t/zRzeltIz
  • The webinar at 24:07 shows a slide that says that, for a single week purchased externally (i.e. not from MVC), the $1,495 Enrollment Fee is waived for participants in the webinar — if the week was purchased before 6/20/2010.
  • The implication of the foregoing would seem to be that an externally-purchased week owner could pay $1,495 for enrollment of the week even if purchased after 6/20/2010.
The webinar ends by saying that participants will be contacted by email in a few days with paperwork to enroll their week.

Am I wrong in thinking that $1,495 for enrollment of a week in MVC is one of the best deals they’ve offered in years?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I don't believe its like that, for weeks after that date I believe it is only with purchasing something direct with them you can enrol other weeks.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I don't believe its like that, for weeks after that date I believe it is only with purchasing something direct with them you can enrol other weeks.
I know when I met with MVC pre-COVID I had to buy a few thousand points in connection with enrolling my week if I wanted to enroll it, so it was more in the $30,000 range.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Yes I was told to enrol 1 gold week I needed to spend 16,500€.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • The implication of the foregoing would seem to be that an externally-purchased week owner could pay $1,495 for enrollment of the week even if purchased after 6/20/2012.
Where do you get that from the Webinar? (That the deal applied to post 6/20 weeks)???
The deal has been for pre 6/20 weeks either $X to enroll ($500 - $1500) or every so often an incentive like you saw watch a seminar or attend a pitch and get it enrolled for free.
Nothing about post week (except with some purchase)

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Webinar stated:"To be eligible for free enrollment after viewing this webinar, Owner must reside in U.S. and weeks must have been purchased prior to 6/20/2010." Probably wishful thinking, but I was hoping that meant that if weeks were purchased after 6/20/2010, enrollment was not free but could be had through non-waiver of the $1,495 fee.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The Webinar stated:"To be eligible for free enrollment after viewing this webinar, Owner must reside in U.S. and weeks must have been purchased prior to 6/20/2010." Probably wishful thinking, but I was hoping that meant that if weeks were purchased after 6/20/2010, enrollment was not free but could be had through non-waiver of the $1,495 fee.
Nope, no one has seen them enroll post 2010 for 1495 (that was the original external, pre 6/2010 week cost.) I get how you are reading it, but doubt that's what they mean.

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Darn. Guess it's a nice deal if you've got a pre-6-2010 week that you can now enroll for free.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott has charged $1,495 for enrollment of a single externally purchased week bought before 6/20/2010 since they rolled out the program. I thought they increased that a few years after the program came out to $2,395 for any weeks enrollment (external/internal) and regardless of the amount of weeks you enroll. They have often had opportunities to enroll complementary by taking a presentation or webinar.

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
My MVC owner services rep said that he thought Marriott would occasionally offer an opportunity to enroll a post-2010 week for a fee (not the ripoff tying to purchase of points or another week). No one has seen that?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with others here, this isn't something where they are opening up enrollment for a $1,495 fee for post 6/20/2010 weeks.

Reactions: jme

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with others here, this isn't something where they are opening up enrollment for a $1,495 fee for post 6/20/2010 weeks.
I am ready and willing to pay that for each of our currently ineligible weeks if ever they do though!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
My MVC owner services rep said that he thought Marriott would occasionally offer an opportunity to enroll a post-2010 week for a fee (not the ripoff tying to purchase of points or another week). No one has seen that?
No this has never been reported here. In fact, some people have been begging for it. Always a very high purchase amount.

Nonna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
21Benjamin$$
What is the advantage of enrolling an after market week? I’ve had mine since 2002 and always return to Oceanpointe. Are there additional yearly fees if you enroll? Is it harder to book prime weeks if you enroll. Thanks for any feedback

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of enrolling an after market week? I’ve had mine since 2002 and always return to Oceanpointe. Are there additional yearly fees if you enroll? Is it harder to book prime weeks if you enroll. Thanks for any feedback

If you are staying your ownership you would still book just the same if you enrolled. You would need to pay the destination club dues.

If you don't stay your ownership there are many advantages to enrolling including the option to choose points each year to book other MVC resorts directly and an interval account included with the club dues and free Marriott to Marriott exchanges- a good savings on II fees. I enrolled by week for the II fee savings- I never stay my ownership and usually exchange on II, have used points a few times.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you always use your week(s) for home resort stays, there is no advantage.
The advantage is only if you want the flexibility the DC points programme offers, which you can choose to use (or not) on an annual basis.
There is an annual DC Club dues fee of up to $300 dependent on ownership.
For us that is very worthwhile.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you always just use your week for stay then not much. No fee to change reserved week. But for me, with two lock offs. No lock off fees, exchange for points which during COVID was nice. And no II fees, so I can trade and retrade until I get the week and view and want.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
Here's the email I received from Marriott yesterday regarding purchasing points to enroll post 2010 weeks:

Thank you for being part of our vacation family. Better days — and more vacations — are ahead. Until then, I invite you to unleash the full potential of your ownership.
Now, when you purchase Vacation Club Points, you can enroll the Week(s) that you purchased from a third party in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program.

This gives you:
MORE OPTIONS
Discover distinctive adventures such as guided tours, safaris, cruises, culinary experiences, and more.

MORE FLEXIBILITY
Choose any season, length of stay, villa accommodation, or view type, as available.

FEWER FEES
Your annual Club Dues* will cover stays at our other resorts, trading for Marriott Bonvoy™ points, and even your Interval International membership.

PURCHASE THIS MANY
Vacation Club Points
TO ENROLL
This Many Weeks
3,000​
1​
4,000​
2​
5,500​
3 – 7​

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Here's the email I received from Marriott yesterday regarding purchasing points to enroll post 2010 weeks:

Thank you for being part of our vacation family. Better days — and more vacations — are ahead. Until then, I invite you to unleash the full potential of your ownership.
Now, when you purchase Vacation Club Points, you can enroll the Week(s) that you purchased from a third party in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program.

This gives you:
MORE OPTIONS
Discover distinctive adventures such as guided tours, safaris, cruises, culinary experiences, and more.

MORE FLEXIBILITY
Choose any season, length of stay, villa accommodation, or view type, as available.

FEWER FEES
Your annual Club Dues* will cover stays at our other resorts, trading for Marriott Bonvoy™ points, and even your Interval International membership.

PURCHASE THIS MANY
Vacation Club Points
TO ENROLL
This Many Weeks
3,000​
1​
4,000​
2​
5,500​
3 – 7​
Is this the FULL email? Is there any mention that you can enroll pre-2010 weeks for (basically) free? If not, this is dirty.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
Is this the FULL email? Is there any mention that you can enroll pre-2010 weeks for (basically) free? If not, this is dirty.
There is small print detailing the deal but no offer to enroll pre-2010 weeks. My pre-2010 weeks have already been enrolled so no need to offer me that.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
With this special you can enroll a pre 6/20/2010 week for free instead of paying g $1495.

I fail to see where it says you pay $1495 to enroll a post 6/20/2010 week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
With this special you can enroll a pre 6/20/2010 week for free instead of paying g $1495.

I fail to see where it says you pay $1495 to enroll a post 6/20/2010 week.

I could see how someone could read "the $1,495 Enrollment Fee is waived for participants in the webinar — if the week was purchased before 6/20/2010," to mean the enrollment fee is not waived (and is $1,495) if the week was purchased after 6/20/2010.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
No email for me.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No email for me.

I suspect it is targeted to people that have unenrolled external pre 6/20/2010 weeks.