• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ThirdHome Flash Sale - Keyless Exchanges April 27, 2021

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
THIRDHOMEEXCHANGE
TOMORROW ONLY-1
FLASH SALE -2
KEYLESS 12-Hour Sale: Tuesday only!
April 27th, from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
11:00 AM - 11:00 PM UK
12:00 PM - 12:00 AM CET​

Choose from a selection of over 2,200 available stays or yacht expeditions at some of our favorite partners in Mexico, Sunborn Gilbratar, or Yoo Panamá and we'll cover the Keys.

How to take advantage of this special offer: Book your desired week(s) using existing Keys in your account and the THIRDHOME team will return those Keys as soon as possible. Pay the associated Exchange fee, and you're on your way!

Not enough Keys in your account? No problem, we're here to help:
*Terms and Conditions apply.
Yoo Panama

*Terms & Conditions: This offer is only valid for recipients of this email. This offer is valid until April 27, 2021 5:00 AM-5:00 PM CST. Keys will be returned to the reserving member's account within 7 days. This offer is non transferrable. This offer is not retroactive and does not apply to any other weeks within the THIRDHOME Exchange portfolio. This offer is only valid for select affiliate resort stays. THIRDHOME reserves the right to reject Keyless status for any reserved week within the active offer time period. Offer is subject to site availability. Monetary credit is not applicable to Exchange fees correlating with the reserved week. This offer is subject to change at any time.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I know what Eric B is doing tomorrow at 5 am CST

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hey, I’m sharing…. Gimme a break….

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder how they picked- I didn't receive it.

No idea how it worked for picking the email recipients. You might as well contact your rep and ask if you’re eligible; my guess is you’d have a decent chance of getting it.

I’ll be working on getting a second GL 4 BR week in the fall, myself; already have one week from a prior keyless offer that is the week before a GL 2 BR II exchange I had made previously. I figure the $1195 exchange fee for the 4 BR is close enough to the $950 resort fee to make it worth it for the upgrade. They also seemed to have a few Diamanté weeks and other Mexican ones.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am extremely tempted to jump on this promo or one of their other ones in the past. But the main issue is cancellation. How friendly are they about canceling? Is there a penalty? Or do you get credit for a future trip? Like many other travelers, we are concerned about COVID.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, this one has ended now, but they are decent about cancellations. You don’t get the money back for the exchange fee, but you do get full credit towards a new exchange and it doesn’t have an expiration date. Currently they only allow using credit for up to half the cost of a new exchange; they didn’t have a limit in place for that pre-COVID.

They also gave me full credit and returned the keys I had used for an exchange that I had to depart from after 3 days in the Outer Banks due to a hurricane evacuation. Best customer service of the exchanges I’ve used.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Are there other threads here about Third Home? I believe this is also a partner to Marriott DC owners thru the Explorer Collection.

I’d like to understand more about this option and what others who have used this think of the company and the homes.
Are “keys” as referred to here in “keyless” the same as Points in the DC?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are there other threads here about Third Home? I believe this is also a partner to Marriott DC owners thru the Explorer Collection.

I’d like to understand more about this option and what others who have used this think of the company and the homes.
Are “keys” as referred to here in “keyless” the same as Points in the DC?

Thanks.

There are a few. Here's one I posted in the Vistana forum:

I'm not really sure how it would work with Marriott DC, but have only noticed the Ritz-Carlton ones listed as affiliates and the Ritz-Carlton Destination Club as a partner/affiliate. Nevertheless, there are many other Marriott properties listed and with availability - the bottom line is that ThirdHome is an independent exchange system that you can establish your own account with for properties that you can use with independent exchanges. There might be restrictions on using DC points to do that; I'm not an owner of any and can't speak to the limitations - I have used ThirdHome only with properties that are deeded (e.g., deeded ones in Vistana - not any of the FLEX systems) or available to book and rent out specifically by the ownership terms and conditions (e.g., WorldMark). I can provide you a point of contact with ThirdHome to explore the options if you'd like.

"Keys" are the currency that ThirdHome uses for exchanges. Keys assigned to a property are set at a base level of 1 to 5 keys and specific week has a multiplier based on seasonal demand from 1 to 3; the result is a cost in keys for a week stay ranging from 1 to 15, though I've seen some listed at 18 so there must be some other perturbations in the system. In my experience, depositing a good week yields a cost per key of $150-200; you can top up the keys you have at a cost of $500 per key so it's not worth depositing a week that gets you keys costing more than that. The exchange fees are based on the cost in keys - 1 Key = $495, 2 and 3 Keys = $695, 4 and 5 Keys = $795, 6 and 7 Keys = $995, 8 to 15 Keys = $1195, 16 or more Keys = $1395.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Eric, thanks very much for the info and the link to the other thread.
This does sound a bit complicated but it may be worth exploring a way to do this with my Marriott properties. We do travel with our kids and grandkids and the idea of having a 4 bedroom vacation home to be together in is very appealing. Even if it does cost a bit more, the benefits of some of those properties would be worth the additional cost vs. when we stay in 2 or 3 villas of various sizes at a MVC resort property.

We like to travel to the Caribbean or Mexico as we live on the east coast. Do you have any specific recommendations for a good Third Home location or property to consider?

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eric, thanks very much for the info and the link to the other thread.
This does sound a bit complicated but it may be worth exploring a way to do this with my Marriott properties. We do travel with our kids and grandkids and the idea of having a 4 bedroom vacation home to be together in is very appealing. Even if it does cost a bit more, the benefits of some of those properties would be worth the additional cost vs. when we stay in 2 or 3 villas of various sizes at a MVC resort property.

We like to travel to the Caribbean or Mexico as we live on the east coast. Do you have any specific recommendations for a good Third Home location or property to consider?

Thanks,
Brian

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier; life got in the way. Anyway, for the Caribbean, there are several vacation homes I've seen on St John - haven't stayed at any of them yet, but they look quite nice. There are also a few Westin St John units folks have established accounts with. I wouldn't expect much in the way of deposits from those, though, as the cost per key is a bit higher than other options when I explored doing that with mine. I did get an exchange into the Ritz-Carlton on St Thomas in a 2 BR, which seems to be somewhat common to see in there; you might be able to get the same through your Marriott ownership, but it's worth checking the overall costs to see if it's more efficient to go through ThirdHome.

There are a number of quite nice looking places in Belize. I've got the Hideaway Villa Maya Beach booked for next February.

In Mexico, the Grand Luxxe units in either Nuevo Vallarta or Riviera Maya are quite nice; once the Estates there open up for exchanges, those will be a good bet, too. I've heard good things about the Diamante resorts in the Cabo area as well as a few other resorts there; there are also some individual vacation homes like Villa Ventanas, where I'm staying in fall of next year.

dewco

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
We are currently staying 2 weeks at Diamante through the Third Home Keyless program. A year ago we stayed 4 weeks at Diamante, again keyless at 3 different properties within Diamante; a 4-bedroom on the lagoon, 2 weeks in a 3 bedroom home, and a week in a 1 bedroom. In October 2020 we stayed Third Home, again Cabo & keyless, 2 weeks at Solaz in a 2 bedroom and a week at Rancho San Lucas in a huge 2 bedroom. We also used Third Home in early 2021 for a 2 bedroom, keyless, at one of the Puerta Vallarta Vidanta Resorts properties. July 2020 we did a week at Ritz Carlton St Thomas, Third Home keyless. As COVID fears fade, I suspect that some of the opportunities we were able to take advantage of will no longer be available.

We love Third Home and have been using it for several years staying at private homes, condos, and timeshares around the world. It’s been a wonderful program for us and we look forward to using it for our future vacation stays. You can view typical properties at thirdhome.com but can’t see availability without being a member.