• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions on RCI points

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
Has anyone owned a weeks account then purchased a small RCI points account (20K or less) so they’d have the ability to move their weeks to points if desired? If so, we’re you happy with your decision? Also, is there a chart, pdf or website anywhere with what RCI point values various timeshare units exchange go for - ie 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, etc.?
I’d need to know how many RCI points I’d need to get what I want and if purchasing a small points contract would be worth it.
Thank you!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
You can only move your week over if your resort is not also in RCI points. So if, your resort sold even 1 interval as points, or sells any in the future, then you cannot "points for deposit" your week over to points. IMHO I would not buy another timeshare just to be able to PFD, unless you can get some type of time limit on the ownership. Years ago, there might have been a triennial points ownership that one could buy every 3 years???
here is the RCI points grid: https://www.rci.com/GPN/CDA/Common/pdf/RCI_ExGridsUpdate1.pdf

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I would generally agree with @elaine, but I would say this is the exception. Summit will not be sold in RCI Points anytime soon. It is mostly sold, and it is flex weeks (not where owners have a deeded week). That is not something that would lend itself to being sold in points.

You can only move your week over if your resort is not also in RCI points. So if, your resort sold even 1 interval as points, or sells any in the future, then you cannot "points for deposit" your week over to points. IMHO I would not buy another timeshare just to be able to PFD, unless you can get some type of time limit on the ownership. Years ago, there might have been a triennial points ownership that one could buy every 3 years???
here is the RCI points grid: https://www.rci.com/GPN/CDA/Common/pdf/RCI_ExGridsUpdate1.pdf

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I have both RCI Weeks and Points accounts and really like the flexibility of my RCI Points account over my weeks account so I think I will be normally transferring Weeks to Points whenever possible.

Transfers are $49 each per week

For example I transferred a Massanutten Woodstone 2BR Week 7 that had 18 TPU to the max of 60,500 RCI Points.

Percentage of max points awarded depends on how close your week is to its start date when you make the transfer.
90 days or more before the start date - 100%
89 to 46 days before the start date - 75%
45 to 30 days before the start date – 50%
29 days or less before the start date – 0%

Here is a site that an RCI rep gave me during a chat that lists the resorts and point values available for Weeks to Points transfers - let me know if the link works.
Directory of Affiliated Resorts, RCI Points® 2019 - 2020 | RCI.com

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have both RCI Weeks and Points accounts and really like the flexibility of my RCI Points account over my weeks account so I think I will be normally transferring Weeks to Points whenever possible.

Transfers are $49 each per week

For example I transferred a Massanutten Woodstone 2BR Week 7 that had 18 TPU to the max of 60,500 RCI Points.

Percentage of max points awarded depends on how close your week is to its start date when you make the transfer.
90 days or more before the start date - 100%
89 to 46 days before the start date - 75%
45 to 30 days before the start date – 50%
29 days or less before the start date – 0%

Here is a site that an RCI rep gave me during a chat that lists the resorts and point values available for Weeks to Points transfers - let me know if the link works.
Directory of Affiliated Resorts, RCI Points® 2019 - 2020 | RCI.com
I am confused by this. You can't use points for deposit for Woodstone because it is a points resort. Was it a different part of Massanutten that you transferred?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I am confused by this. You can't use points for deposit for Woodstone because it is a points resort. Was it a different part of Massanutten that you transferred?
I bought a Woodstone 2BR fixed week resale and deposited the week into RCI....RCI rep subsequently helped me initiate the transfer of the week into 60,500 RCI points...it is still in process...I will update when it does/doesn't occur.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I bought a Woodstone 2BR fixed week resale and deposited the week into RCI....RCI rep subsequently helped me initiate the transfer of the week into 60,500 RCI points...it is still in process...I will update when it does/doesn't occur.
They shouldn't be able to unless you purchased a Woodstone that was already converted by the previous owner. It isn't eligible for points for deposit.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
They shouldn't be able to unless you purchased a Woodstone that was already converted by the previous owner. It isn't eligible for points for deposit.
I guess time will tell - should be within the week...did you see the RCI weeks to points link I put in my earlier post? The Woodstone weeks are on that matrix.

1619305737874.png

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess time will tell - should be within the week...did you see the RCI weeks to points link I put in my earlier post? The Woodstone weeks are on that matrix.

View attachment 34905
Yes, and if you (or the previous owner) pays.payed Massanutten around $4000-$6000 they will gladly convert a deeded Woodstone or Regal Vistas into points. If it was never converted then it isn't eligible for points. There are a lot of weeks owners that don't convert. If you own one points unit at any resort and then own another that is not a part of rci points you can pay a fee and then they will give you points for that week for that year.

I think the rci rep you spoke to had it backwards. The ones in that booklet are in points so they are not eligible for points for deposit. Those ones are only in points if the developer converts the weeks permanently into rci points. The ones that are eligible for points for deposit are the ones that do not have developer selling points weeks or converting current owners to points. So at Massanutten everything except Woodstone and Regal Vistas is eligible for points for deposit.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Yes, and if you (or the previous owner) pays.payed Massanutten around $4000-$6000 they will gladly convert a deeded Woodstone or Regal Vistas into points. If it was never converted then it isn't eligible for points. There are a lot of weeks owners that don't convert. If you own one points unit at any resort and then own another that is not a part of rci points you can pay a fee and then they will give you points for that week for that year.

I think the rci rep you spoke to had it backwards. The ones in that booklet are in points so they are not eligible for points for deposit. Those ones are only in points if the developer converts the weeks permanently into rci points. The ones that are eligible for points for deposit are the ones that do not have developer selling points weeks or converting current owners to points. So at Massanutten everything except Woodstone and Regal Vistas is eligible for points for deposit.
Ok thanks for the feedback

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Ok thanks for the feedback
YAY! Ok as I thought time would tell...I did get confirmation from RCI that my Massanutten 18 TPU week was converted from the week into 60,500 RCI points and those points are now in my RCI points account. $49 for the RCI Weeks to Points transfer process and about two weeks time to get it done.

From the RCI email:
Thank you for your request to convert your deposited week into Points for Deposit
We have completed your request and deposited your week with start date 2/18/2022, resort ID 5711 has been converted into RCI Points. Your RCI Points account can be accessed online by visiting www.RCI.com or you can contact an RCI Vacation Guide at 877/967-7476. They will be pleased to assist you.

1620139850578.png

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We did exactly that, but over time shucked off our straight-weeks timeshares & downsized to the bare minimum points timeshare -- a 1BR triennial points unit out in Las Vegas.

The reason minimal points works for us is that we make maximum use of Last Call & Bonus Week reservations, also Extra Vacation Getaways when those go on sale, plus occasional 7-Nights For 10,000 Points Or Below (i.e., the points version of Last Call).

So far, so good.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
They were not supposed to do that, but good for you that it worked out! I guess they got their feel for you to convert.

YAY! Ok as I thought time would tell...I did get confirmation from RCI that my Massanutten 18 TPU week was converted from the week into 60,500 RCI points and those points are now in my RCI points account. $49 for the RCI Weeks to Points transfer process and about two weeks time to get it done.

From the RCI email:
Thank you for your request to convert your deposited week into Points for Deposit
We have completed your request and deposited your week with start date 2/18/2022, resort ID 5711 has been converted into RCI Points. Your RCI Points account can be accessed online by visiting www.RCI.com or you can contact an RCI Vacation Guide at 877/967-7476. They will be pleased to assist you.

View attachment 35223