• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Woodstone at Massanutten - transfer/closing costs and 2022 maintenance included

afried

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, we will pay closing/transfer fees and the maintenance fee for 2022!

This is an every year two bedroom unit. Low maintenance fees of $485 per year. It is 35000 points for the even years (full kitchen) and 33500 for the odd years (partial kitchen). Nothing is owed on this unit, and the maintenance fees are up to date (have been paid for 2021).

The way these work, they have side by side two bedroom units where one has a full kitchen and one has a partial kitchen. The partial kitchen still has a hotplate and a microwave and a refrigerator, it just doesn't have the oven/stove. I'm not sure why that matters for maintenance fees, but they say they can keep their fees cheaper by only having a full kitchen every other year. The partial kitchen still worked just fine for us!

Originally this was a deeded week 12, but is now points. Someone here would know for sure, but I believe that banking it is tied to its original deeded week, so first usage would likely be 2022.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA

This is an every year two bedroom unit. Low maintenance fees of $485 per year. It is 35000 points for the even years (full kitchen) and 33500 for the odd years (partial kitchen). Nothing is owed on this unit, and the maintenance fees are up to date (have been paid for 2021).

The way these work, they have side by side two bedroom units where one has a full kitchen and one has a partial kitchen. The partial kitchen still has a hotplate and a microwave and a refrigerator, it just doesn't have the oven/stove. I'm not sure why that matters for maintenance fees, but they say they can keep their fees cheaper by only having a full kitchen every other year. The partial kitchen still worked just fine for us!

Originally this was a deeded week 12, but is now points. Someone here would know for sure, but I believe that banking it is tied to its original deeded week, so first usage would likely be 2022.
Our family is interested. could you pls let us know:
With the change to points, is there an additional reservation fee PLUS an additional cost for cleaning fee? Thank you

afried

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I just realized some of the responses aren't showing here, so I'll post a bit more info:

Massanutten doesn't charge a cleaning fee, but they do have an amenities (or occupancy) fee, which I believe is $8.50 per day.

Because this is points, I believe you have to book through RCI, which incurs a reservation/exchange fee. I had thought you could still book at your home resort for free, especially if it was the original deeded week (week 12) without going through RCI, but last time we called they said that was not the case since we converted to points. I'm not 100% sure if that's accurate because I had heard and read otherwise, but we didn't press the issue at that time.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have to book through rci, but if you go through the home week tab and reserve it through that, you aren't charged any booking fee. It is guaranteed to be available with no booking fee 13-12 months in advance and often as late as 6 months in advance but not guaranteed after 12 months.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to book through rci, but if you go through the home week tab and reserve it through that, you aren't charged any booking fee. It is guaranteed to be available with no booking fee 13-12 months in advance and often as late as 6 months in advance but not guaranteed after 12 months.

So are you saying you do or don’t have to book through RCI if you want your home resort? Or you if you want your home resort RCI still handles the booking, but does not charge you an exchange fee?

Im very interested in how this works. I own a similar type of program with Interval If I’m understanding correctly. The resort which is Grand Crowne in Branson is in points with Interval. Interval handles everything both home Resort requests for as little as 2 lights with no exchange fees. And Interval also handles exchanges with the exchange fee. Interval has a designatEd phone number for Grand Crowne.

I love this program it works very well.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If an ownership is enrolled in RCI Points, you book your home week through RCI. If you have a weeks ownership at Massanutten, you book with the resort.

Massanutten does not charge a cleaning fee if you use the week. They do if you use points for a short stay.

So are you saying you do or don’t have to book through RCI if you want your home resort? Or you if you want your home resort RCI still handles the booking, but does not charge you an exchange fee?

Im very interested in how this works. I own a similar type of program with Interval If I’m understanding correctly. The resort which is Grand Crowne in Branson is in points with Interval. Interval handles everything both home Resort requests for as little as 2 lights with no exchange fees. And Interval also handles exchanges with the exchange fee. Interval has a designatEd phone number for Grand Crowne.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

With Massanutten in points you still go through RCI but if you want so use your home week (no reservation fee) or your home resort ($60 reservation fee if booked 11-12 months prior to check in) you have to go through a specific tab for home reservations. If you go to the regular exchange tab it won't apply the discounted exchange fee.

afried

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry @lswheatly@yahoo.com, I have no idea why I am not getting notifications when people post in here. The above info is actually really helpful, and things I did not know.

We are in the process of transferring to someone which is why I haven't updated or checked back for a while. If that for some reason falls through I'd be glad to contact you if you are still interested at that time!

Aselya

TUG Member
Reaction score

Originally this was a deeded week 12, but is now points. Someone here would know for sure, but I believe that banking it is tied to its original deeded week, so first usage would likely be 2022. Is

this available