• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott vacation club locations with golf course on-site

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
I just picked up the game after a 13-year sabbatical. I want to figure out the Marriott vacation club locations with a golf course on-site. From my recollection: Manor Club (Williamsburg), Grande Vista (Orlando), Shadow Ridge (Palm Desert), Desert Spring (Palm Desert), and Maui Ocean Club (next door but walkable). Do you know any others?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Lakeshore Reserve.... in the Grande Lakes footprint.

Monarch on HHI.... short walk across the street

Heritage Club HHI.... short walk

Son Antem...Mallorca Spain

Villas at Doral

Legend’s Edge

St Kitts

Palms Resorts (Sabal, Royal, Imperial) on same grounds as Hawk’s Landing

Last edited:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I just picked up the game after a 13-year sabbatical. I want to figure out the Marriott vacation club locations with a golf course on-site. From my recollection: Manor Club (Williamsburg), Grande Vista (Orlando), Shadow Ridge (Palm Desert), Desert Spring (Palm Desert), and Maui Ocean Club (next door but walkable). Do you know any others?
Just played Kauai 2 days ago. Marriott Beach Club iconic 16th hole
27244a851e5958c7745525f42b26c2c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to play more golf so this is good info. I have a goal to play in HHI during our next trip in Sept.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Should have mentioned, in Kauai i got a free golf voucher for attending the sales presentation. Its regular $175 to play ... beyond my budget ... but a superb treat for good golfers.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Should have mentioned, in Kauai i got a free golf voucher for attending the sales presentation. Its regular $175 to play ... beyond my budget ... but a superb treat for good golfers.

But us duffers get a much lower cost per shot! :banana:

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
Canyon Villas in Phoenix. Wild Fire- 2 courses, Palmer and Faldo designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RJW

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But us duffers get a much lower cost per shot! :banana:
True! I played 2 balls so got my money's worth. Plus spent an hour on the driving range and putting green beforehand.

Today back to the $15 course.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
Is your goal to stay at the resort, not have a car and walk to the golf course and play? If so, you may want to check out this list of MVC resorts that indicate they have golf on or near the resort: https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/common/cms/mvc/pdfs/news/MVC_Resort_Destination_List.pdf. As you can see, there are plenty of resorts with "golf"- from Phoenix to Palm Springs to Orlando to Hilton Head to various Hawaiian islands. However, unless you are just planning to play 1 or 2 times that week, the green fees for these resort golf courses are typically on the upper end of the scale. Sometimes the resort will provide a discount (e.g if you're playing with somebody, Maui Ocean Club will give you a 2-for-1 discount at Kaanapali Royal for SuperTwilight - after 3:30 pm- and will reduce your cost to $54.50 + tax but regular times are well over $100+ even with guest discount) but nowhere near other "pay-to-play" courses that would be easily accessible via a car. If you are staying at a resort much longer and you want to play a bunch, I'd consider investing in a car and checking out a much larger set of golfing options available to you. Hit 'em long and straight!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In general golf courses that are on MVC sites are not cheap. You can do a little better price-wise at equivalent golf courses that are not at MVC sites. As an example, if you stay at Marriott's Desert Springs or Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, their owner rates is about $109 to $139. You can play at Westin Mission Hills Pete Dye course for about $79 to $89 when you book ahead. We usually stay at Desert Springs because we strongly prefer there, but play at Westin Mission Hills. Westin Mission Hill's facility is also superior.

Heritage Club HHI has 10 rounds of free golf at pretty decent golf courses when staying a week. It is the best deal we have ever had. If we live on the east coast we would be back there several times a year.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In general golf courses that are on MVC sites are not cheap. You can do a little better price-wise at equivalent golf courses that are not at MVC sites. As an example, if you stay at Marriott's Desert Springs or Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, their owner rates is about $109 to $139. You can play at Westin Mission Hills Pete Dye course for about $79 to $89 when you book ahead. We usually stay at Desert Springs because we strongly prefer there, but play at Westin Mission Hills. Westin Mission Hill's facility is also superior.

Heritage Club HHI has 10 rounds of free golf at pretty decent golf courses when staying a week. It is the best deal we have ever had. If we live on the east coast we would be back there several times a year.
Great point. Imho if you are > 20 HCP you are wasting your money as the courses will be too hard. On Kauai at Marriott Hokuala you will lose 6 or 7 balls and instead can play the excellent Wailua course at twilight 1pm for $24. Or the park course for $15.

Exception is Orlando Grande Vista where the course is a short (no par 5s) 9 hole par 32 in excellent condition playable by beginners to pros. Rack rate is $75 for 18 but many discounts available. Professional practice facilities home to several pros. I played every day for 3 months Nov-Feb for almost nothing it was heaven.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Fairway Villas in NJ also have golf on site

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
Great point. Imho if you are > 20 HCP you are wasting your money as the courses will be too hard. On Kauai at Marriott Hokuala you will lose 6 or 7 balls and instead can play the excellent Wailua course at twilight 1pm for $24. Or the park course for $15.

Exception is Orlando Grande Vista where the course is a short (no par 5s) 9 hole par 32 in excellent condition playable by beginners to pros. Rack rate is $75 for 18 but many discounts available. Professional practice facilities home to several pros. I played every day for 3 months Nov-Feb for almost nothing it was heaven.

Williamsburg has discounts for owners at $25 per round. They give a card to owners, but it is limited depending type of villa. Ask your neighbors if they golf and are owners, if they don’t golf ask for their card or ask them to get a card from the front desk. Three 18 hole courses, all are nice courses not Kingsmill or Golden Horseshoe nice, but still good quality courses.
HHI resorts offer a 7 day pass for about $250 (based on the season) for the Heritage Club courses (Port Royal 36 holes, Shipyard 27 holes and Oyster Reef 18 holes & my favorite).

Canyon Villas in Phoenix, sales presentation offer was 2 rounds for free this was in January.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Kalanipu'u (aka Kauai Lagoons) on Kauai also has golf nearby. The same course show in the photo @goaliedave posted earlier.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kalanipu'u (aka Kauai Lagoons) on Kauai also has golf nearby. The same course show in the photo @goaliedave posted earlier.
Its onsite. It used to be called Kauai Lagoons now called Hokuala

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Its onsite. It used to be called Kauai Lagoons now called Hokuala

I only mentioned nearby because it isn't owned or operated by Marriott or Marriott Vacation CLub. But you are correct, it is really onsite since it wraps around the Kalanipu'u timeshare property.

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
Recently, I stayed at the SurfWatch in HHI. I played golf at the Port Royal golf course. I realized it was the same entrance as the Barony so I drove over to Barony. The walk from Barony timeshare to the Port Royal club house is approximately 8 minutes.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I spent 3 months at grand vista..... my biggest regret is not realizing I could have taken lessons at the academy the whole time.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I spent 3 months at grand vista..... my biggest regret is not realizing I could have taken lessons at the academy the whole time.
If only.....perhaps you could have been teeing it up at the Masters tomorrow. ;-)

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

I only wish everyone would appreciate that. I played yesterday at Royal Kaanapali and had the opportunity to be paired with a nice enough 25ish year old, but playing golf for only the 2nd time in his life. His brother in law was marginally more “talented” than him having played a number of times. Inasmuch as I’m a better than scratch golfer, it was painful, and they were not really having “fun“ for their ~$150.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Count me in as not a good golfer but I get credit for trying hard. I play the same no matter it is a cheap or expensive golf course. I hit long, chip and putt well. We have not played at a golf course where it is considered too hard for me. My issue is the in-between iron shots where I am inconsistent. I don't use a fairway wood because I get wood yips.

I happen to be married to be an excellent golfer and good friend with our excellent golfer friend whom we invite to travel with us regularly. For the upcoming Ko Olina trip in 10 days' time, we have booked 2 rounds at Ko Olina and 1 round at Kapolei for the 3 of us. $185 per round at Kapolei and $165 at Ko Olina. We play those courses whenever we stay at Marriott's Ko Olina.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Count me in as not a good golfer but I get credit for trying hard. I play the same no matter it is a cheap or expensive golf course. I hit long, chip and putt well. We have not played at a golf course where it is considered too hard for me. My issue is the in-between iron shots where I am inconsistent. I don't use a fairway wood because I get wood yips.

I happen to be married to be an excellent golfer and good friend with our excellent golfer friend whom we invite to travel with us regularly. For the upcoming Ko Olina trip in 10 days' time, we have booked 2 rounds at Ko Olina and 1 round at Kapolei for the 3 of us. $185 per round at Kapolei and $165 at Ko Olina. We play those courses whenever we stay at Marriott's Ko Olina.
Hopefully the wonderful trade winds will not visit you as they have us this week in Maui. It’s been blowing pretty hard with gusts ~30mph. In golf terms it’s a about a 3-club wind, sometimes 4. So I’ve decided to skip golf a few days.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the wonderful trade winds will not visit you as they have us this week in Maui. It’s been blowing pretty hard with gusts ~30mph. In golf terms it’s a about a 3-club wind, sometimes 4. So I’ve decided to skip golf a few days.
I am seeing showers in the forecast. With strong wind, I can blame the wind for knocking my ball down or changing its direction. :)