• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I've been doing it all wrong - there is only one space after a period

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Don’t forget that the rules have changed for a colon too ! I was taught two spaces after “:”.
They have? LOL. That I did not know (I knew the 2 spaces after a period, but still do it quite often, sometimes I go back and remove one (sometimes I don't).

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be one of the situations where I approve of 'Auto Correct'. Just TRY to put two spaces after a period, and it'll remove one of them.

JIm

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say something bold!

Typing was the most useful class I took in high school.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm going to say something bold!

Typing was the most useful class I took in high school.
I have to agree. When my kids were in grade school, their daycare was in the same building. I would find my 2nd grader in his classroom (his teacher was always there after hours) working on keyboarding. They had a competition in his classroom, how many units each had done. It so motivated him. Forever thankful my kids can type well (they run circles around me). When I hear rapid fire texts I know it's my oldest (and it's not voice to text).

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it was on TUG in the last few years that I first learned about single space after a period. I think I pretty much just do a single now. Colon does still warrant a double space, however. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out they had stopped teaching cursive. Learning cursive was a rite of passage and meant you were an "older" kid. Was at a wedding in the spring of 2018 and a school administrator cousin from Ohio told me they had gone back to teaching cursive in the last couple of years. I just don't understand not teaching it.
DW is highly specialized and skilled in educating kids with learning disabilities. Learning cursive is critical in the education program at her school.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
My Gosh. This is news to me!! I think the nuns will be rolling over in their graves. I've never even considered this heresy. I got a 100% on my senior typing exam in high school. Of course Tony DeBlasio was handing out extra paper when the 80 y/o teacher wasn't looking. :ROFLMAO:
I read the article and find myself thinking, "Is there anything sacred anymore?" Thanks, RX8. My world is shattered. :cry:
iu

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This may be one of the situations where I approve of 'Auto Correct'. Just TRY to put two spaces after a period, and it'll remove one of them.

JIm

Weird but I just tried it with Word (Microsoft Office Professional 2016) and it doesn't change it if I enter 1, 2 or 3 spaces after a period. Putting two spaces on this forum is also not auto corrected.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW is highly specialized and skilled in educating kids with learning disabilities. Learning cursive is critical in the education program at her school.

correct....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Weird but I just tried it with Word (Microsoft Office Professional 2016) and it doesn't change it if I enter 1, 2 or 3 spaces after a period. Putting two spaces on this forum is also not auto corrected.
Yeah, I am not aware of an autocorrect in MS Word that does this. I even tried to add it as an autocorrect on Word for Mac and I can't even add it to autocorrect.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nope. Word is literal with regard to keyboard inputs. As it needs to be because some uses require literal input.

The exception is with Autocorrect, which can be controlled by the user. Using autocorrect, you can tell Word to automatically replace dot-space-space with dot-space, and it will do that automatically. If it does autocorrect something you don't want autocorrected, hit Ctrl-Z (or select Undo) immediately after the autocorrect occurs, and it will revert to what you typed.

I just tried it, and autocorrect won't accept dot-space-space as an autocorrect entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: RX8

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, darn. Another theory unproven in practice. :shrug: