• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BONVOY [Marriott Rewards] 5 night package question

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being a MVC owner, we have used the 5 night package award in the past, I have tried to find the current listing for the 5 night package and have not been successful. Does anyone know where to find the 2021 information.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account
--> Click on "Owner Benefits" under "Partners & Specials" in the column on the right
--> Click on the "Hotel deals" link under "Marriott International, Inc. Promotions"
--> Click on the "Click here" link under "Marriott Bonvoy Owner Specials"

This link might work to take you direct after signing in. :)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account
--> Click on "Owner Benefits" under "Partners & Specials" in the column on the right
--> Click on the "Hotel deals" link under "Marriott International, Inc. Promotions"
--> Click on the "Click here" link under "Marriott Bonvoy Owner Specials"

This link might work to take you direct after signing in. :)
This needs to be in one of the FAQs. I struggle every time to find this thing and usually come up empty.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This needs to be in one of the FAQs. I struggle every time to find this thing and usually come up empty.

It's been put in the Weeks FAQ minus the direct link, because there are already too many "helpful hints" on the web that result in non-owners gaining access to what's supposed to be an owner perk. Like everyone else I struggle, too, so hopefully these prompts will last for a while because it's a pain to have to go searching every time they fiddle with the website.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question, do owners of Vistana and the other timeshare companies that come under the Marriott Vacations Worldwide umbrella, and/or that have Bonvoy as their partner loyalty program, have access to these 5-night Travel Packages?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Would like to understand the benefit of a package over booking directly with Marriott-Bonvoy.
Would the package be better than:
  • Room: Book a 5-Night-Stay at a CAT-5 thru CAT-8 [1-Night-Free + Points-Savers]. If Points/Night drops simply edit reservation.
  • Air: Convert Bonvoy-Points to Miles [60000-Bonvoy > 20000 Delta-SkyMiles + 25%-Bonus = 25000-Skymiles] [ADD-10% for United]
Does the package work out costing fewer Bonvoy-Points?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would like to understand the benefit of a package over booking directly with Marriott-Bonvoy.
  • Room: Book a 5-Night-Stay at a CAT-5 thru CAT-8 [1-Night-Free + Points-Savers]. If Points/Night drops simply edit reservation.
  • Air: Convert Bonvoy-Points to Miles [60000-Bonvoy > 20000 Delta-SkyMiles + 25%-Bonus = 25000-Skymiles] [ADD-10% for United]

It's a wash on lower categories but still cheaper on higher categories on point saver.
And if you are using non partner airlines bigger savings (AA, SWA etc...)
The biggest saving is that travel package is by category so no peak points surcharge.

It used to be a great deal as the cost for air points was 1-1 now it not as big but still cheaper.

The big disadvantage is any promotions the airlines run almost always have T&C that this package is excluded.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
It's a wash on lower categories but still cheaper on higher categories on point saver.
And if you are using non partner airlines bigger savings (AA, SWA etc...)
The biggest saving is that travel package is by category so no peak points surcharge.

It used to be a great deal as the cost for air points was 1-1 now it not as big but still cheaper.

The big disadvantage is any promotions the airlines run almost always have T&C that this package is excluded.
It used to get you Companion Pass on SW as the transferred points counted towards it, but they closed that loophole about 3-4 years ago. :wall:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

In the old Marriott world, i always picked the highest airlines points with the the lowest Cat package.
In the new Marriott world, i would just book hotel separately since i no longer see much saving from travel package.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
The package assumes peak redemption for hotels (e.g., 100,000 per night for category 8), so definitely not worth it if your travel dates are not on peak days.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
The package assumes peak redemption for hotels (e.g., 100,000 per night for category 8), so definitely not worth it if your travel dates are not on peak days.
Based on this alone I don't see myself using a package.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is the cost of these packages based on the 100,000 air mile redemption. Buying separately may be a little cheaper because they do give a 5000 mile bonus for every 60,000 air miles you transfer, but I didn't include that in my calculation. You can see in all cases it is cheaper to use the package than to buy the miles and hotel separately;
1614114921144.png

Last edited:

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the cost of these packages based on the 100,000 air mile redemption. Buying separately may be a little cheaper because they do give a 5000 mile bonus for every 60,000 air miles you transfer, but I didn't include that in my calculation. You can see in all cases it is cheaper to use the package than to buy the miles and hotel separately;
View attachment 32673

Your math might be off. 60,000 points give you 25,000 miles (there is a bonus of 5,000 miles per 20,000 miles transfer). so it only costs 240,000 points for 100k miles.

also are you calculating 7-night package or 5-night? you get one free night every 4 nights.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Your math might be off. 60,000 points give you 25,000 miles (there is a bonus of 5,000 miles per 20,000 miles transfer). so it only costs 240,000 points for 100k miles.

also are you calculating 7-night package or 5-night? you get one free night every 4 nights.
I am using five nights and taking into consideration the fifth night free. I updated the chart in the post above to show the correct calculation for the cost of miles. I did indicated I didn't take the 5K bonus into consideration. The cost using the package is still cheaper in every instance except Off Peak Category 8. The best value is still using it for peak hotel reservations which saves about 90K Bonvoy points over using air miles and hotel separately.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dioxide45, Thanks for putting the numbers together. It is not a bad saving if you can take advantage of the peak nights. I was comparing the 7 night package with the 5 night package, the category 8 package asks for 200,000 for the extra 2 nights, so really requires you to book peak nights to take advantage of the savings from the package