• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

by Hilton Club / The District -- dues questions

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sunrise (Park City UT), The District by Hilton Club (DC), HGVC Flamingo (Las Vegas, baby!)
I own several HGVC weeks (2 in Park City UT, 1 in Vegas), none of which are "by Hilton Club." I'm considering the resale purchase of a week at The District in DC, which is a bHC property. I'm aware that the bHC properties have an 'all-inclusive' Club Dues option with a $313 (ish) annual fee that waives all reservation fees up to $99. On this topic, I have several questions -

1. If I choose the all-inclusive option for The District, does the reservation fee waiver apply to all my HGVC points/bookings or just to those that are associated with my bHC week?
2. If I choose the all-inclusive option for The District, does the $313 annual club dues cover all my HGVC weeks, or must I continue to pay the normal $186 (ish) annual Club Dues for my non-bHC weeks plus the $313 all-inclusive bHC dues?
3. If I choose to skip the all-inclusive option for The District, does my current $186 Club Dues payment cover the bHC week in addition to my existing HGVC weeks, or must I pay separate annual Club Dues for The District?

I hope these questions are clear, because I must say that the topic is rather confusing :)

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
2) The $313 all-inclusive Club Dues covers all your HGVC and bHC weeks. No need to pay $186 separately for HGVC weeks.

3) If you don't want the all-inclusive option, just pay regular Club Dues of $186 and that covers all your HGVC and bHC weeks.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would gladly sign up for the AI option, too bad they do not offer non-bHC members this anymore. Wish they would.

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sunrise (Park City UT), The District by Hilton Club (DC), HGVC Flamingo (Las Vegas, baby!)
2) The $313 all-inclusive Club Dues covers all your HGVC and bHC weeks. No need to pay $186 separately for HGVC weeks.

3) If you don't want the all-inclusive option, just pay regular Club Dues of $186 and that covers all your HGVC and bHC weeks.

This sounds like a great deal for someone like me who owns several weeks and often makes reservations for non-home-week bookings. Sounds like the break-even is about two reservations. So if I make more than two non-home-week reservations from my 4 weeks (28,800 points assuming I proceed with The District, which I'm leaning toward doing), I'm ahead of the game. Does this logic make sense to you? Thanks very much!

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
Does Hilton Club also give you automatic gold status with Hilton?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It also allows you to speculate a bit without having to risk reservation fees in order to do it.

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It also allows you to speculate a bit without having to risk reservation fees in order to do it.
Yes, and on a related note, I wouldn't suffer the consequences of their new policy blocking changes to a reservation inside of a 60 day window before check-in. Instead I could cancel any time before the last 30 days and just make a new reservation with those points at no cost.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
I nearly exclusively use club bookings over homeweek so picking up an EOY district (in process) for a reasonable price was on my list of things to do for the reasons outlined by others here. I can make upwards of 15 club bookings a year at the moment so the AI really is valuable for me.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Does this logic make sense to you?
Yes, your logic makes sense. You would be foolish not the take the AI option being offered bHC properties.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I own several HGVC weeks (2 in Park City UT, 1 in Vegas), none of which are "by Hilton Club." I'm considering the resale purchase of a week at The District in DC, which is a bHC property. I'm aware that the bHC properties have an 'all-inclusive' Club Dues option with a $313 (ish) annual fee that waives all reservation fees up to $99. On this topic, I have several questions -

1. If I choose the all-inclusive option for The District, does the reservation fee waiver apply to all my HGVC points/bookings or just to those that are associated with my bHC week?
2. If I choose the all-inclusive option for The District, does the $313 annual club dues cover all my HGVC weeks, or must I continue to pay the normal $186 (ish) annual Club Dues for my non-bHC weeks plus the $313 all-inclusive bHC dues?
3. If I choose to skip the all-inclusive option for The District, does my current $186 Club Dues payment cover the bHC week in addition to my existing HGVC weeks, or must I pay separate annual Club Dues for The District?

I hope these questions are clear, because I must say that the topic is rather confusing :)

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!
Yes to all 3 questions. I purchased The District just for the AI bookings.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
This sounds like a great deal for someone like me who owns several weeks and often makes reservations for non-home-week bookings. Sounds like the break-even is about two reservations. So if I make more than two non-home-week reservations from my 4 weeks (28,800 points assuming I proceed with The District, which I'm leaning toward doing), I'm ahead of the game. Does this logic make sense to you? Thanks very much!
Yes you would be ahead every year by making more than 2 bookings. I also added the cost of buying the bHC unit to my break even point.