• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Amex Offer: Marriott Hotels, $50 Back When You Spend $200+

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
"Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International and Vistana Signature Experiences™. "

Not it. :)

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
I just used it to pre-pay $200 in MF for WMH and got notice from AMEX that I used my offer.

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
I only got a spend $7,500 get bonus 7,500 pts. meh.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I've had luck in the past as well. So far it is on 2 cards. Possibly on my kids AU as well. $100 - $200 saving.

Perhaps this exclusion is if you rent MVC or Vistana on hotel site.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears to have worked for me. I got the email from Amex stating that I redeemed the Marriott offer, but the email does state “If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer and you’ll see your rewards directly on your statement.” I will have to watch the statement to see if they end up stopping it.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a similar promo in Canada and paying MFs did not trigger the offer on the non-Bonvoy AMEXs, but worked fine on the Bonvoy AMEX

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Did not work for me this morning at WKV. No confirmation email...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I tried it the last time on my Vistana SVR resort fees, but I didn't get the credit.
It did work for others who own SVV

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, I saw it in my offers and added it the day before I tried it. It did not work for me.
Sometimes with offers I get acknowledgements right away. Sometimes it takes a few days. This is also how it worked with the small business credit. With this one it took 3 days before I received the email saying I used the offer. The credit has not posted yet so I still am waiting.

For those that actually see the credit and for those who ultimately don't get credit I would be curious to know which resorts. It could be how the HOA codes the MF's payments. I know that Harborside at Atlantis does not code in such a way that works with these promotions.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I used it today when switching rooms for the week at WKORN. Recieved the email at 7:40am. Signed up last week.came just after folio email.
Great news! You just used your Amex Offer!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That's great news @Negma. We've got 4 of these (me DH + 2 AU college kids cards). Will prepay in early April just before the offer expires. Happy to get $200 savings off MF. :cheer:

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
That's great news @Negma. We've got 4 of these (me DH + 2 AU college kids cards). Will prepay in early April just before the offer expires. Happy to get $200 savings off MF. :cheer:
To be clear, we used it at the resort to pay our Bill not on MF

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Negma that's even better because it is a current expense vs. prepay. Congrats!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just prepaid $200 for WKORV-N and received the Amex email 2 hours later. I'm very happy since I have 6 of these marriott $50 off offers.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just prepaid $200 for WKORV-N and received the Amex email 2 hours later. I'm very happy since I have 6 of these marriott $50 off offers.
Don't count your chickens quite yet. It took about 4 days before I received the email but it's been 2 weeks and no credit for my account and the one time offer is still showing in my active offers.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
Don't count your chickens quite yet. It took about 4 days before I received the email but it's been 2 weeks and no credit for my account and the one time offer is still showing in my active offers.
That's a long time. I've noticed that when the offer processes correctly you will see them listed under the "Savings" tab a few days before the credit actually posts. To check, go to the "Amex Offers & Benefits" page and click the "Savings" tab (next to "Available" and "Added to Card"). If it shows up there it should definitely post to your account.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
+1
Last time this promotion was offered a few months ago, I got the Amex email very quickly on using the offer. But never received the credit. In fact I think there was a 2nd email which ambiguously said they were looking in to it.
My units are at SVR, different phases. I tried DH' s card on one phase unit, mine on another, but no credit on either.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a long time. I've noticed that when the offer processes correctly you will see them listed under the "Savings" tab a few days before the credit actually posts. To check, go to the "Amex Offers & Benefits" page and click the "Savings" tab (next to "Available" and "Added to Card"). If it shows up there it should definitely post to your account.
For me even though I received an email, it is still showing in available and not in the savings tab.