• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to get rid of Welk Point/Timeshare

kkrueg

Reaction score
Hi - I stumbled upon TUG doing Google searches as I desperately look for a way to offload my Welk points/timeshare. My husband and I bought into Welk in 2014 right before we got pregnant with our daughter, who is disabled. Her needs do not allow her to travel and we are not in a place where we have available help that would free us to utilize the points ourselves nor does it allow us the time to really sit down and investigate the ways to use this system. We are constantly working on finding ways to improve her quality of life. End of day, we just really need to decrease the number of useless burdens so we can focus on her. Not to sound depressing, but I will pay a lifetime of maintenance fees on an unused timeshare and will have no one to "deed" it to in my will. This thing has just become more trouble than it is worth and is a stressor to deal with. The initial loan is completely paid off and all we are responsible for are the VOAs that are paid on odd years. And, if I'm being totally honest, I don't even care about making money off of this...I just want it gone. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Welk always acts like there are just so many things you can do with these points, but that is just not the case in our situation.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG has a "Free Timeshare Giveaway and Bargain Section" and I would suggest that you give it away there, and offer to assist with closing costs. Should you find a taker then you can use L.T. Transfers to handle the transfer for you (www.LTTransfers.com).

Another option for you would be to contact the developer and see if they would accept a "Deed Back", where you sign the Deed over to them and you are off the hook for good.

Welcome to TUG and best of luck with transferring your ownership.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also try contacting the resort's Homeowners" Association, explain your situation, and ask if they will take your property back. Sometimes they will ask you to pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. The fact that the mortgage is paid and the MFs are paid give you an advantatge.

You could also try advertising it on E-Bay, Craigslist, or My Resort Network. It's also good that you "don't even care about making money off of this" because it is worth very little, if anything, on the resale market. The biggest thing many here on TUG warn about are these companies and law firms that claim they can get you out of your TS. Those are mostly scams. At best, even if they are legitimate, they will charge you thousands of dollars to do something you can do yourself for a lot less money.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
TUG has a "Free Timeshare Giveaway and Bargain Section" and I would suggest that you give it away there, and offer to assist with closing costs. Should you find a taker then you can use L.T. Transfers to handle the transfer for you (www.LTTransfers.com)....

Another place on TUG that you can list your timeshare for free or for sale is in the Timeshare Marketplace:

Another site you could post your unit at is Redweek. A number of TUGgers have recommended NOT using the full service option. I have used LT Transfers when purchasing a unit. They are organized and keep you informed during the transfer process.

rpeacock

Reaction score
We used to have an even year contract with Welk until we sold it (netted $500)), in 2016, to an unidentified buyer through a broker. At that time Welk had a first right of refusal. You will want to verify if you also have a FROR. If you are interested I can try to contact the broker and see if the (mega) owner is still buying contracts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guitarmom

Reaction score
There is a reputable broker in San Diego who specializes in Welk timeshare resales. The website is www.calresorts.com. You can probably walk away with $500 to $1000 if you sell through them. A note on their website indicates that they may choose to buy your timeshare from you directly.

rpeacock

Reaction score
There is a reputable broker in San Diego who specializes in Welk timeshare resales. The website is www.calresorts.com. You can probably walk away with $500 to $1000 if you sell through them. A note on their website indicates that they may choose to buy your timeshare from you directly.
This is the broker we used to sell our Welk TS. From our experience they were legit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

eoubaseballa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Silver membership
Welk Platinum 240k annual
[post deleted--in this case it is best to contact another poster by starting a private conversation with them. Just click on their blue user name and a box opens where you can start a conversation.]

Last edited by a moderator: