• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Done with facebook....where do you all spend your time online?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Youtube is a rabbit hole I can go down and lose 3 hours of time easily.

Still on FB, local groups like Buy Nothing, Marketplace and Buzz. The Buzz group is funny seeing what my neighbors obsess over like coyote sightings, helicopters, sirens and traffic jams, what bars are open.

Nextdoor.

Netflix, Amazon, Hulu.

Getting ready for tax prep, taking my IRS certification, preparing my volunteers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My wife watches a lot of YouTube, I watch some. We used to follow a lot of the cruise creators on YouTube, there were so many of them. Of course, no one is cruising anymore and unsure what it will even look like when it resumes. My wife watches several lifestyle vloggers, I watch a few videos here and there about travel. I am not necessarily committed to watching any specific person. I spend most of my time editing videos for YouTube.

Every once and a while I will go to TikTok to see the latest Gordon Ramsay reaction video. They are pretty funny, but then I get sucked into the other videos and drain away an hour pretty fast. I don't have a Facebook account in my name but my wife uses it to keep in touch with mine and her family. I have also started reading DISboards again recently after not posting or reading anything over there for years. I don't check out CruiseCritic unless we have some upcoming cruise we are planning for.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Zillow and Trulia. It just cost me a bundle, but we are moving to bigger house. Downsizing was great for us for 2.5 years, but with Covid travel restrictions I reevaluated my priorities.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RV.Net, Chronicle of the Horse, Photography sites,Trip Advisor

Brett

Reaction score
Photography sites suck up my time
Eagle nests and wildlife cams
News sites, FB, & Fark.com

I need to get on my ebike and ride .... :)

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgot about Zillow and Trulia & Tripadvisor.

Hubby is always on Youtube - he is always trying to fix something ;)

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I have no FB or IG or Twitter account. Absolutely no interest. Other than TUG, I spend my online time mostly on Trip Advisor, YouTube and Ancestry.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I have no FB or IG or Twitter account. Absolutely no interest. Other than TUG, I spend my online time mostly on Trip Advisor, YouTube and Ancestry.
Yeah, that's me. I don't know why I would want to "follow" anyone. I have never been a picture-taker so no goodies to post. The only selfie I took was when I had my wisdom teeth out at age 18 and had a super huge face. It was a Polaroid.

I have spent zero time at YouTube. I'm seeing it mentioned enough that I fear it would be another time suck for me, so best to steer clear for now.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I have spent zero time at YouTube. I'm seeing it mentioned enough that I fear it would be another time suck for me, so best to steer clear for now.
OK ... but it is a cheery time sink! What is better than sipping coffee watching black bears playing on a new hammock?

I refrain from posting the link ... but will if you ask! :)

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Facebook, TUG, Solitaire, Trip Advisor, RCI, Redfin, I also watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, and a few network shows. Grey’s Anatomy, This IS US, Mom. Trying to watch less news.

geekette

Reaction score
OK ... but it is a cheery time sink! What is better than sipping coffee watching black bears playing on a new hammock?

I refrain from posting the link ... but will if you ask! :)
Lying in my own hammock watching wildlife play a safe distance away. the hawks were out calling to each other yesterday, the people in to look at my house just missed them. Deer clan has brought new babies by. I don't have a hammock, but I do have a lot of windows. And coffee. What I don't have is Time.

I am trying to clear out and sell my house, plus, clear out and sell Mom's house 150 miles away. I have 15 minutes to blow before next investor shows up here, then I'm making myself a massive omelet and mess up the kitchen. Then I need to clean it up and get some stuff put together as I will be in a dr appt with Mom on Friday. I am going to take another crack at successfully moving Dad's workbench. If I can do that, then I'm renting another truck and take some furniture etc from Mom's to store for my future use.

No tv, no fridge, no microwave, but there are still hot showers, wifi and electricity. Laptop will keep me company with something streaming on it. But Watching, nope, not much time for that. My best bet is loud music with a quick beat.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
CruiseCritic! Whenever it is that I next book a cruise, I will be there a lot. It has been years since I was on that site. That will be after a lengthy eyeballing of VacationsToGo.com

Cruise Critic changed their forum a little over a year ago (maybe longer ago than that). It's not as intuitive as it was. I used to be addicted to it and now I rarely go, even before the industry shut down.

I like Etsy. Making facemasks for SIL's NICU unit got me back into sewing, so I get ideas and some wonderful fabrics there.

geekette

Reaction score
I like Etsy. Making facemasks for SIL's NICU unit got me back into sewing, so I get ideas and some wonderful fabrics there.
I had gotten back into sewing a few years ago. I jumped on the mask-making thing early on, giving them away, focusing on the 'retirement homes' nearby and grocery store workers. I ran out of elastic fast, and quit trying to get more when people decided to cash in on masks. I had some tie versions but those were a pain for me so figured others wouldn't like them, either. Then, after washing masks for weeks, I went with disposables.

I keep fighting the urge to "make something", since this is not a hobby easily set up and put away every day. But, I am hoping to string along a few weeks back to back to have a timeshare unit to sort through the massive amount of fabric from Mom's, and Make Stuff To Sell for a few straight weeks. I think there is a moving truck and a storage unit involved as I'll be combining her stuff with my stuff and right now, it's separate stacks of stuff in separate cities and facilities... it all needs to move over 500 miles south.

I'm on a crazy jag, and it is going to get crazier as I usually don't plan what I'm going to make. Instead, something inspires me.

Etsy is, indeed, inspiring. It can be a bit "too much", the site layout is too busy for me. I do like poking around in the various stores, tho. Thanks for reminding me of them, as I will be seeking inspiration if it doesn't occur naturally.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Lying in my own hammock watching wildlife play a safe distance away. the hawks were out calling to each other yesterday, the people in to look at my house just missed them. Deer clan has brought new babies by. I don't have a hammock, but I do have a lot of windows. And coffee. What I don't have is Time.

I am trying to clear out and sell my house, plus, clear out and sell Mom's house 150 miles away. I have 15 minutes to blow before next investor shows up here, then I'm making myself a massive omelet and mess up the kitchen. Then I need to clean it up and get some stuff put together as I will be in a dr appt with Mom on Friday. I am going to take another crack at successfully moving Dad's workbench. If I can do that, then I'm renting another truck and take some furniture etc from Mom's to store for my future use.

No tv, no fridge, no microwave, but there are still hot showers, wifi and electricity. Laptop will keep me company with something streaming on it. But Watching, nope, not much time for that. My best bet is loud music with a quick beat.
Your life is full. You are BLESSED! :)

geekette

Reaction score
Your life is full. You are BLESSED! :)
I am Quite Blessed. Life is full because I make it so. I don't miss the 'overfull' days of 60-80 hr work weeks. Life was full of toil "for da man" back then. I do greatly miss ballroom dance and my friends from the studio. Some holes can't be filled, and most all of us "got holes" when pandemic set in. Treasured things that were suddenly No Go.

I was born with features from both my mother and father and seem to have used these inheritances throughout my life. I am about to fully become Nature Girl, but the sad fact is that Mom will probably not ever be able to see it. It's not hopeless, but she seems to be choosing to not get out of bed, and there is only one direction that will take her. I keep trying to make her "feel needed" by asking about things she knows about. I'm terribly worried about her mind going to mush, sitting there in front of the tv all day every day.

It will be hard to leave the hawks and deer that have featured in so many of my days here over the last 20ish years. I treasure my memories of stumbling baby deer, too young to have figured out how their legs work, born in my back yard. I like that I was able to "be friends" with them. The hawks trust me enough to land on my deck rail, allowing me to see them up close.

I have another offer in hand (lower than other offer), a company that can work quickly, so I could be gone from this shanty in the woods by end of January. The higher offer has a 30-days-at-least process and no firm offer number (kind of "no more than $", pending more digging around here, I guess...).

It seems like I should be scared out of my mind, but I'm not. Maybe I should say, others think that I should be scared out of my mind. I should maybe be dreading another serious round of packing and moving, but, I do very much enjoy a road trip and have really liked the powerful trucks I've been renting. So much fun through the mountains. I count Home Depot among my blessings, my accidental find of their rental moving trucks...

I'd say that my chief blessing is my natural optimism. This has been a vital gift throughout my life.

Overall, I'm one of the luckiest people I know. Through most everything, my glass has been at least half full.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
@geekette, I’m home on COVID quarantine. Today I took the dogs for a walk in a local canyon. We were the only ones back there. It was so quiet. Temps in the upper 70s. Light breeze that would knock the acorns off the trees. So many birds singing. All kinds of rustling in the leaves. Multiple crossings of a little stream.

Today I just let the dogs take the lead. If something caught their attention, we’d stop and listen or look. If they wanted to wade down the stream a little, we did that. If they found something really fascinating to sniff, I stopped and let them sniff.

So many things to notice when you’re not hurrying to get to the next thing.

geekette

Reaction score
@geekette, I’m home on COVID quarantine. Today I took the dogs for a walk in a local canyon. We were the only ones back there. It was so quiet. Temps in the upper 70s. Light breeze that would knock the acorns off the trees. So many birds singing. All kinds of rustling in the leaves. Multiple crossings of a little stream.

Today I just let the dogs take the lead. If something caught their attention, we’d stop and listen or look. If they wanted to wade down the stream a little, we did that. If they found something really fascinating to sniff, I stopped and let them sniff.

So many things to notice when you’re not hurrying to get to the next thing.
I miss having a dog, feel like I was with you and your pack out there today! Thanks for sharing!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I spend some time playing bridge online and when I have time I attend caregiver meetings and Alzheimers symposium or presentations

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fed up with Facebook so looking for other outlets of mindless surfing ( besides tug of course). I am interested in what other forums people participate in when they just want a little mindless cruising online.

I found one for aero gardens and used to visit one for the out islands of the Bahamas.....where else do you go?
I think the mistake is to replace one online platform with another. Keep tug and avoid everything else!

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Unpopular opinion, probably except for @dioxide45 who mentioned it... Tiktok has changed my life! Granted, I may be a few years younger than you but I find the algorithm works great and after a few days you basically only see relevant content to you! I no longer go on fbook, never was into instagram (too... fake?) and YouTube requires dedicating too much time (30 min videos? Who has time for that?) Tiktok gives me bite sized content and I can go deeper as needed after (with the googles, YouTube, wiki, etc). Literally has changed my life!

It’s not just for the children anymore ;)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Why do people hate Facebook? I love the groups on Facebook. I think it has the best and most diverse groups around.

Besides Facebook, I like reading NY Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post. I also get Apple News and have subscriptions to many magazines through Apple News.

I recently found Reddit but I hate it. They do not have all that many groups and the posts are not all that interesting compared to Facebook groups.

I have never been into Twitter or Instagram. I am not much of a Youtube user although my daughter loves to watch silly Youtube videos.

I love browsing books on Amazon. That is fun and mindless but it does get me to purchase a lot of stuff.

I love Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon Video and other channels.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... and YouTube requires dedicating too much time (30 min videos? Who has time for that?)
FWIW, I watch most YouTube content at 1.5x normal speed and some at 2x normal speed. Of course, I can also scrub through a video to skip over 'blah, blah, blah' fast-forwarding to the meat of the material?

shorep

Reaction score
Buy a guitar, head for utube or youtube, and try and learn the chords for Buddy Holly songs, start with'guess it doesn't matter anymore',keep a bottle of Bushmills handy, you tend to sound better by the third glass!!!!