• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Done with facebook....where do you all spend your time online?

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fed up with Facebook so looking for other outlets of mindless surfing ( besides tug of course). I am interested in what other forums people participate in when they just want a little mindless cruising online.

I found one for aero gardens and used to visit one for the out islands of the Bahamas.....where else do you go?

geekette

Reaction score
I stupidly found jigsawplanet.com so it can suck time from me. I wanted to go back to being a kid at home on NYE: we would do a big puzzle in front of the tv. I don't think I counted on the Getting Sucked In factor. My trio of sparkling grape juices are long gone but the darned habit grabs me here and there. I didn't know it was habit-forming.

I otherwise read the news and sometimes stop by an investment site that has some people I'm friendly with. Tug with a different common interest. I mostly try to not be online much.

Jodyv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked up jigsawplanet.com. It DOES have a sucked-in factor. We should find a way to rate websites based on how much time you end up spending there each day!!!!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
1610488173949.png

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't go on FB much myself. I was banned from Instagram. I don't know why. I rarely posted and when I did, it was pictures of food and grandchildren. I don't even think I had 35 people. I did try to create another FB account since sometimes I need to take a break but I could not/would not let me (I have seen others with two). Not sure if this had anything to do with it. I don't care and whatever people posted on IG, it's on FB anyway. I had to "hide" some people so I don't see all the political stuff. Newspapers and news media does enough of this.

The main reason I still go on here and there is because I have a few groups I belong to, I follow an Italian Soap opera my husband and I watch and I like to keep in touch with some long distance friends and family members. My time is very limited there and I have to actually sign on my laptop or desktop. The only time I use my phone for FB is when I have to post a picture - which is not often.

I like my forums/message boards (Disney related). I am registered in a few and then there is cruise critic that I look/browse/read (not often). I posted once when we were booked for our Alaska cruise/cancelled/COVID. I like to browse/read City Data Forum - not registered. They have all kinds of topics/threads besides States/cities. Finance, Real Estate, Caregiving, etc.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Video Help forum. Great forum for all things Video. :cool:

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Instagram. Follow your hobbies/interests. I enjoy crochet and water color painting, so it is nice to see other peep’s creations.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I like redit and quora regarding general topic type forums. Jeep, Fishing , Motorcycle, money and science forums are handy when there is something specific I want to know.

I like facebook and occasionally twitter. I know many people who are kind of upset with current events so they are dropping off. Since I don't really care about politics and seem tolerant to most pov's I will still be doing what ever I like.

I think youtube is where we are most of the time. I have the receiver connected to the tv to watch music and scenery mostly. Recently we bought a Yamaha online receiver that plays sirius and spotify. Sirius the loft is on now.

Bill

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
None. (Except TUG, YouTube and Pilots of America Forums)
Cheers

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TUG mostly =D

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
YouTube for me. I've been watching endless videos on riding the OneWheel from Future Motion and trying to build my skills!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Instagram. Follow your hobbies/interests. I enjoy crochet and water color painting, so it is nice to see other peep’s creations.
This. My IG feed is nature photographers and interior decorators, with a sprinkling of humor and sports. Also the GBBO bakers and some other chefs. It's a pretty peaceful place. I have a lot of my real life friends over there as well and get to see their travel and grand baby photos.

I still have my Facebook but my peer group seems to need to vent about everything from poor health (which I can understand) to things that they "just don't like" - poor service from Starbucks, the weather, "young people these days" and of course politics, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's so negative - taken in totality - that I find it overwhelming. I check in once or twice a month but it seems to be the same.

geekette

Reaction score
I don't go on FB much myself. I was banned from Instagram. I don't know why. I rarely posted and when I did, it was pictures of food and grandchildren. I don't even think I had 35 people. I did try to create another FB account since sometimes I need to take a break but I could not/would not let me (I have seen others with two). Not sure if this had anything to do with it. I don't care and whatever people posted on IG, it's on FB anyway. I had to "hide" some people so I don't see all the political stuff. Newspapers and news media does enough of this.

The main reason I still go on here and there is because I have a few groups I belong to, I follow an Italian Soap opera my husband and I watch and I like to keep in touch with some long distance friends and family members. My time is very limited there and I have to actually sign on my laptop or desktop. The only time I use my phone for FB is when I have to post a picture - which is not often.

I like my forums/message boards (Disney related). I am registered in a few and then there is cruise critic that I look/browse/read (not often). I posted once when we were booked for our Alaska cruise/cancelled/COVID. I like to browse/read City Data Forum - not registered. They have all kinds of topics/threads besides States/cities. Finance, Real Estate, Caregiving, etc.
CruiseCritic! Whenever it is that I next book a cruise, I will be there a lot. It has been years since I was on that site. That will be after a lengthy eyeballing of VacationsToGo.com

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Zillow is fun too. I pretend that I am moving or buying a second home in the area that I am currently vacationing. Right now, it’s Jupiter, FL. It is infinitely more interesting than the nightly news.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I follow a few channels on YouTube - mostly gardening and cooking.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I like it too, I am fascinated by home renovations and remodels - DIYs, local restaurants, attractions. And very little political discussion.
Just booked Cayman for 7 weeks 2022

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I don't spend all my time on any one site. I check my FB groups, TUG of course, our daughter and granddaughter's Instagram pages and some Youtube. I spend a good bit of time on Ancestry, 23&me, My Heritage, Family Tree DNA and Gedmatch (adopted and searching for birth father) and I watch the live cams of a pair of Eagles who nest every year in my hometown, Ft Myers, FL. Also E Bay and Invaluable auctions.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Flyertalk.com because I like four-star travel on a two-star budget, but I only check it once a day. I've never had a personal Facebook page and don't get the attraction. I don't have enough time or interest to spend a lot of time online.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like "looking" for vacations.....so I have lists of places I'd like to visit and where I'd like to stay....using a combination of Airbnb, VRBO, Redweek, & TUG - TripAdvisor to scout out places of interest & any other resources that pop up while I'm "down the rabbit hole". I got 6 bags of shells while we were on Captiva for a few weeks the beginning of Dec and now I'm watching YouTube videos on shell projects & I've got shells all over the office, LOL. I've been cleaning up my photo's (which is fun and very time consuming....we have literally thousands and thousands of pictures....I've gotten rid of thousands now & cleaned up many....but probably have many thousands to review yet). These are all good winter projects....spring will mean we can go back to gardening. And next month we head to FL for a month or so to watch the grandbabies (who have been in total isolation like us).

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Zillow is fun too. I pretend that I am moving or buying a second home in the area that I am currently vacationing. Right now, it’s Jupiter, FL. It is infinitely more interesting than the nightly news.

I do this too. I have the algorithms all confused as to where I might be interested in living some day.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My secret with social media is I have no friends. I enjoy FB because my feed is only the things that interest me and that I have liked or signed up for.

That's exactly how I deal with FB.

I spend a fair amount of time on explore.org -- nest cams, bears in salmon season, guide dog puppies. I looked up at the clock one day and found I'd been watching walruses on a rocky shore for two hours.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Ive gotten hooked on watching Sailing videos on Youtube. There are several young couples sailing the world that post weekly and update of their voyage. A few have been doing this nonstop for over 5 years and raising young children. Check out: Sailing SV Delos, Sailing La Vagabonde, Sailing Doodles, Sailing Zatara, and Expedition Evans....If like sailing you will enjoy watching the approximate 20 minute weekly episode produced by these people.