• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All US-Bound international travelers arriving back in the United States will need a COVID test — U.S. citizens included

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Effective Jan 26, 2021, Airlines must confirm the negative result or recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Passengers without documentation will be denied boarding flights to the U.S.

This will affect all Vistana Mexico and Harborside timeshares.

Last edited:

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know great. Have reservations at Lagunamar for February. Anyone know how hard it is to get a rest in Cancun and what it costs ?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel this is going to set back any American cruising in South America, Asia and Europe this year.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I know great. Have reservations at Lagunamar for February. Anyone know how hard it is to get a rest in Cancun and what it costs ?

About $150. Ask a concierge.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
$150?!? Yikes!

sdbrier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have had a positive test here in the last 90 days and you are no longer symptomatic you do not require a test. You just need a copy of your positive test and a Dr’s note giving you an ok to travel.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I see no comment about any waiver for those who can prove vaccination.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not believe a vaccine provides an exemption, at least not yet since you can still technically contract the virus.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
$135.75 as of the exchange rate of December 28, 2020. It’s not only the fees, it is extremely difficult to get to, it is on the other side of the city. The clinic has three locations and they will give you a slot whereever there is a vacancy. I imagine now after the New Year’s it will be easier to get a slot closer to the hotel zone.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming 5 day vacation booked at HICV Scottsdale in a few months. I would need a test prior to leaving Canada to enter the US. Then a test prior to leaving the US to enter Canada. Then a test on arrival in Canada, then a second test 5-6 days after arrival to avoid quarantine.

May not be worth it.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s going to be a game changer for tourism in Mexico almost immediately. The hotels and tourism industry is going to have to come up with something as it will turn off and potentially kill tourism. That’s a lot of money to spend and will cause many folks to just stay state-side.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$135.75 as of the exchange rate of December 28, 2020. It’s not only the fees, it is extremely difficult to get to, it is on the other side of the city. The clinic has three locations and they will give you a slot whereever there is a vacancy. I imagine now after the New Year’s it will be easier to get a slot closer to the hotel zone.

Hotels in the hotel zone in Cancun are going to almost have to have a solution on-site. Can you see the volume of daily tests that now have to be performed? I wonder if they even have the capability to do it. Either way it’s going to be a nightmare. Imagine the tourists with positive tests with no symptoms now unable to leave Mexico and potentially no place to stay.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s going to be a game changer for tourism in Mexico almost immediately. The hotels and tourism industry is going to have to come up with something as it will turn off and potentially kill tourism. That’s a lot of money to spend and will cause many folks to just stay state-side.
I don’t think I’d go ....

blondietink

Reaction score
So glad we cancelled our trip. We were supposed to leave this Saturday and return on the 31st. Just saved ourselves $600 in covid test costs for 4 people. People are being quoted 2700 pesos in Cancun per test.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So glad we cancelled our trip. We were supposed to leave this Saturday and return on the 31st. Just saved ourselves $600 in covid test costs for 4 people. People are being quoted 2700 pesos in Cancun per test.

Who does these tests in Cancun? It would be nice to have a resource to be able to research this ahead of time. I would imagine we may start to see more test availability in the hotel zone given the now sudden required demand?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the CDC update the info in what type of test they will accept? PCR vs. rapid antigen are two very different things.
[edit] I see the CDC site is updated: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0112-negative-covid-19-air-passengers.html
Includes "viral" test/antigen testing.

If PCR (I live in NY, so we require a negative PCR anyway) it'll be very tough, IMO, to do this and basically this "kills" international travel.

Also a bit concerned where I read that they're going to release the vaccines and not hold for 2nd dose.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Effective Jan 26, 2021, Airlines must confirm the negative result or recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Passengers without documentation will be denied boarding flights to the U.S.

This will affect all Vistana Mexico and Harborside timeshares.

Here's the official CDC link, just in case:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the CDC PDF in case anyone wants/needs it:

If you have tested positive/had COVID before, this is the pertinent portion:

Confirm that a passenger alternatively has written or electronic documentation of recovery from COVID-19 means confirmation that: 1)the passenger has presented documentation of a positive test result and a signed letter on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel;32)the positive test result occurred within the last three months (90 days) preceding the passenger’s flight to the United States, or at such other intervals as specified in CDC guidance; 3)the personal identifiers (e.g., name and date of birth) on the positive test result and signed letter match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents; 4)the test performed was a viral test (as defined below); and 5)the test result states “POSITIVE,” “SARS-CoV-2 RNA DETECTED,” “SARS-CoV-2 ANTIGEN DETECTED,” or “COVID-19 DETECTED.” A test marked “invalid” is not acceptable.

And in regards to US Virgin Islands, etc:

Foreign country meansanywhere that is not a state, territory, or possession of the United States.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. Wife & I are scheduled to leave for Jamaica in early February and are scheduled to take our daughters and granddaughter to Cancun in early March. Airfare booked, fortunately with Southwest.

Mark