• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Vistana told me 8 to 0 months soon it will be open to all Marriott 500K owners + 250K vistana + 250K of another group

hdcommercials

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know vistana owners have priority 12 - 8 months, but I was told last year it was different inventory than Marriott, now I am told that within the 8 - 0 months reservation window Marriott will allow 500K Marriott owners to book along side the 250K vistana owners + another 250K of other groups. If you think it was hard to book before, soon it will be impossible to book anything when their is 1,000,000 people in the same booking pool. Good luck
the groups include
The 1,000,000 included in the group will be
MVC
WVC
SVC
TRC
VC
I just did the owners update today and this is what I was told by the salesperson, and confirmed it with the manager because I could not believe what they told me.
IMG_0816.jpg

Last edited:

RC51Tofuman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Studio (no longer owned)
Westin Flex (currently own)
I know vistana owners have priority 12 - 8 months, but I was told last year it was different inventory than Marriott, now I am told that within the 8 - 0 months reservation window Marriott will allow 500K Marriott owners to book along side the 250K vistana owners + another 250K of other groups. If you think it was hard to book before, soon it will be impossible to book anything when their is 1,000,000 people in the same booking pool. Good luck
That sucks
Any way to CONFIRM this?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did this just come from somebodies Twitter feed?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Well if a sales person and his manager confirmed it, then it must be true. Did he say how long until this happens and if that means that Vistana owners will start being able to book Marriott vacation clubs which would lessen the demand for some of the Westin/sheratons?

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank god for owned timeshare weeks in various seasons. Platinum plus at peak times at premium resorts sound good right now

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This type of thing is why I opted to own only Fixed Week/Fixed Units my last 10 years or so of TimeSharing. Six were at HOA Controlled Independent Resorts. The other was my Marriott Monarch Week. The downside is I was pretty much locked in. On the other hand it sure made planning easier...

George

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are TRC and VC?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ll believe it when it is official. I am sure the end goal was to “cure“ your account by buying into MVC, right?

TRC and VC is meaningless Never heard of any acronyms like that being used. I smell BS.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lips were moving and lying hands were drawing...

I just came off a MVC owners' update today and the salesperson was telling me that Presidential level was going away. She said all the St Regis owners (what?????) would come in as Chairman Club level. I asked her for details and if she knew for a fact, she said she did not have any details, but it had to happen was what she said. LOL

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Was this at Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I suspect they're tying to tell you only the Westin or Sheraton FLEX members who can book at 12 months will get all the good weeks. If you're an owner at the one of those resorts, you can still book at 12 months, but only the FLEX members get the good weeks everywhere else at 12 months out. Good luck with that!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We just went to a presentation at Nanea and they did not know of any of this. We are doing a Marriott one next week but I would not sweat it yet

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL. The diagram looks pretty -- I am sure it was written upside down by some skilled salesman.

Even if it does happen, I'm sure the exchange rates between programs are going to be terrible -- and then they offer to sell you a Marriott on top of a Vistana to make sure you get the best rate in both programs

-ryan

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
the groups include
The 1,000,000 included in the group will be
MVC
WVC
SVC
TRC
VC
I just did the owners update today and this is what I was told by the salesperson, and confirmed it with the manager because I could not believe what they told me.View attachment 30878
They have a solution to this potential problem but you have to give them $50,000 :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately the value of your purchase is going to disappear the moment you sign the contract and you still do not know if you have solved this imaginary problem.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
This isn’t necessarily bad. You still have your exclusive access to your deeded resort(s) in months 12-8. As long as the trading between VSN and MVC is equitable in both directions for under 8 months, what you loose in competition to the MVC owners you gain in access to so many other resorts. I, for one, would like to have access to the MVC resorts without having to separately buy into MVC. The key question here is how this will be managed including who it is available to (e.g., Flex owners only)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My guess is that refers to The Ritz-Carlton Vacation Club.
The scribbles indicate 12 of them. There are only 5 Ritz-Carlton Destination Club locations.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If true, this is an increase in value for owning resale weeks where you want to go with a 12 month reservation and a devaluation of traders. Why would anyone want to buy into their newfangled "Flex" trading system if the trend is to devalue trading type ownerships?

Last edited:

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
I think it is bunk, unless maybe it is for points owners. Week owners in Marriott have to swap though interval of they want to go to a different resort.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Hopefully platinum/gold weeks owners in both Vistana and Marriott will hold onto their weeks and not be coerced by Marriott to convert them into Trust points. Those vistana Flex trust points quickly become worthless (or close too). And both Marriott and Vistana trust points have too high maintenance fees and too many restrictions.

As Vistana owners already know, Mandatory resorts are (and will likely continue to be) the best value and most coveted in the network

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
As Vistana owners already know, Mandatory resorts are (and will likely continue to be) the best value and most coveted in the network
Most Vistana owners have no concept of Mandatory vs. Voluntary. All resorts, and Flex, come with StarOptions when you buy from the developer and most owners buy from Vistana.