• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tafer residence club opinions?

adept

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to all these timeshare things and in need of help/opinion.
A few days ago (on Saturday), I've signed for the Tafer Residence club TS (at Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta hotel).
I've bought a biennially TS for the summer period, for the studio. Each year I've got 4 "VIP weeks" with concierge service sabio.life. The salesperson claimed that it means that I can get four weeks in any hotel in the world, 30-40% cheaper than on Expedia. I've checked one example, and it was 40% cheaper.
But I can't get any info about Sabio on the internet, and there is nothing about Sabio in my agreement.
So, please, I need community advice while I still have my five days for cancellation.
1. Does these 4 "VIP weeks" on sabio.life worth anything?
2. Any review on Tafer club? The hotel itself looks good. And the salespersons that I've talked with were charming.

Thanks a lot!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to all these timeshare things and in need of help/opinion.
A few days ago (on Saturday), I've signed for the Tafer Residence club TS (at Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta hotel).
I've bought a biennially TS for the summer period, for the studio. Each year I've got 4 "VIP weeks" with concierge service sabio.life. The salesperson claimed that it means that I can get four weeks in any hotel in the world, 30-40% cheaper than on Expedia. I've checked one example, and it was 40% cheaper.
But I can't get any info about Sabio on the internet, and there is nothing about Sabio in my agreement.
So, please, I need community advice while I still have my five days for cancellation.
1. Does these 4 "VIP weeks" on sabio.life worth anything?
2. Any review on Tafer club? The hotel itself looks good. And the salespersons that I've talked with were charming.

Thanks a lot!

My advice? RESCIND IMMEDIATELY.

It's clear you have no idea what you bought, and I'm guessing they inflated everything (INCLUDING the price). You wouldn't post here unless you were questioning this transaction yourself.

Read other threads here, study up, and do your homework before committing yourself. If after your homework you still want to buy then the deal (or a "better" deal) will still be there.

You only have FIVE short days to rescind. Send your paperwork via USPS "Registered" Mail and do it right away.

You work hard for your money. Keep your hands in your pockets and protect your assets! RESCIND NOW.

Welcome to TUG.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm still in Mexico for the next couple days. Is it still better to use USPS?
If you're still there and can find a member services offices for the resort where you bought (not the sales dept.) you might have
better luck. You'd need to put your rescission in writing and be sure to get a copy where they acknowledge your rescission in writing. Have someone
sign your copy stating that the purchase has been rescinded. Don't talk to the sales people--they'll do everything they can to save the sale.

If it says in your contract that they accept cancellation via email, do that too. Be sure you have copies of the email as well as the contract where it says
they accept email. Whatever you do, be sure to get as much written proof as possible that you rescinded in time.

adept

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advices! Cancellation went smooth - I just signed a paper in the sales office.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks all for the advices! Cancellation went smooth - I just signed a paper in the sales office.
Be sure you get a copy of your rescission showing it was accepted.

adept

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have something like that. And my credit card initial transaction was just reverted

Last edited:

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @adept, congratulations on recinding in time.

There is a Facebook Group called Villa del Palmar (UVC, Tafer, Garza) Buy/Sell/Rent/Trade if you are still interested in learning more about the Tafer/Garza timeshares.

You can get access to timeshare units without having to purchase a timeshare. Here are some examples:

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Glad it worked out for you. Do consider becoming a member of TUG as it could be the best $15 you'll spend. A bargain!

adept

TUG Member
Reaction score
> There is a Facebook Group called Villa del Palmar (UVC, Tafer, Garza) Buy/Sell/Rent/Trade if you are still interested in learning more about the Tafer/Garza timeshares.

Thanks! I will check it out. I'm still curious what Sabio.life is and if it's valuable at all.

adept

TUG Member
Reaction score
> Glad it worked out for you. Do consider becoming a member of TUG as it could be the best $15 you'll spend. A bargain!
Already a member :) It didn't allow me to post my question without the membership. $15 for excellent advice on rescinding is a bargain! :)

Kikster1961

Reaction score
My advice? RESCIND IMMEDIATELY.

It's clear you have no idea what you bought, and I'm guessing they inflated everything (INCLUDING the price). You wouldn't post here unless you were questioning this transaction yourself.

Read other threads here, study up, and do your homework before committing yourself. If after your homework you still want to buy then the deal (or a "better" deal) will still be there.

You only have FIVE short days to rescind. Send your paperwork via USPS "Registered" Mail and do it right away.

You work hard for your money. Keep your hands in your pockets and protect your assets! RESCIND NOW.

Welcome to TUG.

What is the deceptive part or reason to cancel this as compared to other timeshare programs. Please explain what inside stuff you know or why rescind.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
A "green" buyer should always rescind any timeshare purchase until they have a chance to learn the system and sample the product.

If they are asking questions here then it means they may not have a full understanding of what they are getting in to, and once they find out they may have buyers remorse (by then it may be too late to rescind).

Mexican purchases "could be" problematic because the consumer protection standards in Mexico differ from those in the USA.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tafer resorts
Hello,
I also bought Tafer resorts timeshare last Friday, Jul 28 2023. realized it was not a good idea on Saturday. This thread helped me in following the procedure for cancelling. Today I sent an email for cancellation. Because I am still in the resort, I went to member services to deliver a written cancellation request. They sent the salesperson again, who took the request and asked us to come tomorrow for refund to sales office. What should I expect at the sales office? I am worried because almost half my vacation has gone into this timeshare thing, and kids are very worried too.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @rosaline_aarathi - you have a 5 day right to rescind in Mexico.
Be firm -be polite - mention Profeco.
You do not need a reason.

- consider it like returning a pair of pants to a clothing retailer - they must give you a refund.

Follow the rescind procedure - document - contact your credit card company.