• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's for T Giv dinner?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving dinner this year will be for only four, and two are mostly vegetarian.

Deep fried cornish game hens
Vegetarians choice of fake meat patties
Vegetable tray
French's green bean casserole
Mashed gold potatoes
Homemade chicken gravy
Homemade vege gravy
Stovetop stuffing with canned mandarin oranges
Sweet potato casserole
Homemade pumpkin pie
Homemade whipped cream

Leftovers served in a couple days with a Costco chicken (the vegetarians eat Costco Chicken)

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
Cajun Fried Turkey Thanksgiving Dinner package from Kenny B's in HHI. Looking forward to it!

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving dinner this year will be for only four, and two are mostly vegetarian.

Deep fried cornish game hens
Vegetarians choice of fake meat patties
Vegetable tray
French's green bean casserole
Mashed gold potatoes
Homemade chicken gravy
Homemade vege gravy
Stovetop stuffing with canned mandarin oranges
Sweet potato casserole
Homemade pumpkin pie
Homemade whipped cream

Leftovers served in a couple days with a Costco chicken (the vegetarians eat Costco Chicken)
I need more info on the stuffing recipe - do you just use the can of oranges and box of stuffing?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need more info on the stuffing recipe - do you just use the can of oranges and box of stuffing?
Yes, one box of Stovetop Stuffing Mix and one small can of mandarin oranges, coarsely chopped or whole. I use 3 tablespoons of the mandarin orange juice as part of the liquid and homemade chicken broth or water for the rest. Prepare the stuffing according to package directions. Add the mandarin oranges to the finished stuffing to taste and mix. About 1/2-3/4 of the small can is the ratio we like. I use the whole orange sections in the stuffing and place any remaining on plates as a garnish.

It takes the stuffing to a new level.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Yes, one box of Stovetop Stuffing Mix and one small can of mandarin oranges, coarsely chopped or whole. I use 3 tablespoons of the mandarin orange juice as part of the liquid and homemade chicken broth or water for the rest. Prepare the stuffing according to package directions. Add the mandarin oranges to the finished stuffing to taste and mix. About 1/2-3/4 of the small can is the ratio we like. I use the whole orange sections in the stuffing and place any remaining on plates as a garnish.

Ooh, just got off my butt to put two cups of mandarin oranges near my box of corn bread stuffing mix. Had already planned to sautée some onions and celery, so will add one or both of the orange cups too. We've never had cornbread stuffing before and thought that since it is just us and we don't have to worry about anyone else's opinion of what stuffing should look/taste like, we'd go wild!

ETA, one year we made stuffing with sausage and dried fruits, as a second option to traditional stuffing, of course my dad wouldn't even taste it (it was delicious!). Our favorite "Dad Story" is having my family for brunch and Cliff made popovers as part of the meal. We purposely plated in the kitchen because we knew Dad wouldn't take a popover out of a basket. He picks up the popover, turns it over and over inspecting it and says "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?" Um, it's breakfast and there is butter and jam on the table, what the hell do you think?! Of course we didn't say that in those words, and of course he didn't touch it. Ditto a cheddar scone served with a bowl of chili.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ooh, just got off my butt to put two cups of mandarin oranges near my box of corn bread stuffing mix. Had already planned to sautée some onions and celery, so will add one or both of the orange cups too. We've never had cornbread stuffing before and thought that since it is just us and we don't have to worry about anyone else's opinion of what stuffing should look/taste like, we'd go wild!

My Stepmother used to make stuffing with some recipe she'd found, that included lots of sage, pine nuts, and pecans. My Dad absolutely LOVED it, and would eat helping after helping. Then he'd be completely miserable for several hours until the gas had gone down. Later that evening he'd be rummaging in the fridge looking for leftover stuffing. I still shake my head over that - the stuffing made him nearly sick, but he couldn't get enough of it. Weird...

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Basics for the 3 of us.

Will start with cheese and crackers and some pretzels to pick on.

10 lb turkey in an oven bag. Stuffing with apples and pecans. String bean casserole. Sweet potato casserole. Cranberry sauce. Turkey gravy. Some biscuits/rolls. Son is making an apple crisp and bringing his own beer. We also have a leftover partial pumpkin pie in the freezer we will defrost.

That’s it and it’s still way too much. Good thing son said skip the mashed potatoes.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Basics for the 3 of us.

10 lb turkey in an oven bag. Stuffing with apples and pecans. String bean casserole. Sweet potato casserole. Cranberry sauce. Turkey gravy. Some biscuits/rolls. Son is making an apple crisp and bringing his own beer. We also have a leftover partial pumpkin pie in the freezer we will defrost.

That’s it and it’s still way too much. Good thing son said skip the mashed potatoes.
Your menu Sounds good to me. The one item missing is a coconut cake. LOL

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Basics for the 3 of us.

Was watching The Kitchen out of the corner of my eye and with one ear while I gave the wood floor a long overdue cleaning. From across the room I hear "Next we'll show you how to make potato won tons from left over mashed potatoes". The cats nodded in agreement when I said out loud "So who has leftover mashed potatoes in quantities beyond a complete Thanksgiving "do-over dinner" for the next day?" Can't have hot turkey dinner leftovers without mashed potatoes (and stuffing, yams, peas, cranberries and pie), and I guarantee that there are no potatoes left beyond day two!

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

That sounds really delicious!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Roasted boneless turkey breast
Creamy roast garlic mashed potatoes
Cornbread dressing (Homemade cornbread)
Cranberry/apple/orange relish
Tomato braised cauliflower

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mom always made cornbread stuffing when I was younger. Mmmmmm Good.......My wife is making stuffing w/ sausage; also very good..

GO COWBOYS

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
A few more turkeys showed up yesterday. I boned one today, and along with the seasonings, it has the magic cranberry sweet hot pepper onion garlic sauce and is all wrapped up and ready to go. This will get smoked in the Green Egg pellet bbq along with a couple of other rubbed turkeys stuffed with onion and celery. The rest will go into oven bags.

By Thursday morning most of these turkeys are outa here. I will keep the smoked boned turkey and whatever else doesn't get picked up.

Bill

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
322C6DBE-700A-44C0-8B72-2A1B6048AEDD.jpeg

Roasted, brined turkey. Instant pot buttermilk mashed potatoes. Gravy made with homemade turkey stock (made in the Instant pot from the turkey neck this morning). Boxed stuffing mix. (Previously) frozen green beans. Brown and serve rolls. Homemade cranberry sauce.

Pumpkin pie awaits, along with maple vanilla whipped cream. Frozen pie that I baked off this morning.

All the commercially prepared stuff was Aldi brand, my new grocery main squeeze. Lol I found half a package of cranberries in my chest freezer, labeled “Nov 2017”. The cranberry sauce came out great!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
"Next we'll show you how to make potato won tons from left over mashed potatoes".

I don't know a lot about "ethnic" foods, but isn't that basically describing a kind of Pierogi? A potato-filled dumpling? I seem to remember seeing Martha Stewart making them with her Mother years and years ago.

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I don't know a lot about "ethnic" foods, but isn't that basically describing a kind of Pierogi? A potato-filled dumpling? I seem to remember seeing Martha Stewart making them with her Mother years and years ago.

Dave

Before I turned away they were definitely filling won ton wrappers -- a pierogi-type item seems like it fits leftover mash much better than won tons! I made smashed potatoes today (8 medium boiled red potatoes, skin on, mashed with 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup fresh minced chives, salt & pepper to taste). Since there were only the two of us I was eying them thinking a small fscoop flattened into a rough patty looks like it could be lightly fried for breakfast. But I don't think there will be any left after our "Second Thanksgiving" tomorrow night!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
My stuffing uses both cornbread and sausage - it’s yummy.
My mom always made cornbread stuffing when I was younger. Mmmmmm Good.......My wife is making stuffing w/ sausage; also very good..

GO COWBOYS

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cooked a full, traditional meal here in our unit at KoOlina.

Turkey
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing made with cornbread and sausage
My special green bean casserole which is different from most recipes
Sweet potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Corn
Rolls
Double layer pumpkin pie

I will make my husband a mincemeat pie this weekend after we move to our new and final unit.

We are at 2:00 today and I’m so full I can barely move - I don’t normally eat that much.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Let us know how the pork loin turns out and please share the recipe if you would recommend it. :)

@Lydlady The pork loin turned out great! If you looked at the video on the linked recipe upthread, you saw how it looked for them. Mine went together very similarly, and looked like this:

Before adding the seasoning:

Pork Loin 2.png

And after cooking:

Pork Loin cooked.png

It was a bit messy to cut up - their slices were a lot easier than mine - but the flavor was excellent. Subtle seasoning flavors of apple and cinnamon throughout, enhanced by the onion flavoring the pork taste. Definitely was a win, and we'll do it again. Served it with scalloped potatoes, cranberry stuffing with gravy, mixed veggies, and applesauce. Enjoyed a Kendal-Jackson Chardonnay with the meal, and then had Costco pumpkin pie for dessert. I'm stuffed. The best part: There are enough leftovers to have it again for dinner tomorrow night. :D

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Starting with the traditional Thanksgiving Egg Rolls. :D
FF32FE3A-18DB-477C-AD6A-91A12360D8B8.jpeg