• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers or Ocean Point or Aruba?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove.... St Thomas, USVI??

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses.

For me again water clarity is key. Looking for something as close as you would get near Seaside/Destin/Ft Walton/Rosemary beaches.....white sand beach, blue/emerald clear water so I don't think Hilton Head or east coast beaches would work. I don't get the popularity of HHI. All my trips to east side beaches have been disappointing because the water is murky/brownish. If Turks wasn't so expensive to get to that is where I would go every year. I live east TX so buying in Hawaii is not an option even if it is EOY. Have been multiple times, and we would go about every 5-7 years, but I would not buy there unless I lived on the west coast.

With regards to summer trips to FL or Aruba we normally do them early June so I guess technically is not "summer" yet, but I get the comments regarding humidity and heat. We travel early June.

So looks like I should concentrate on:
  • Aruba (are both the same?)
  • Ocean Pointe
  • Crystal Shores Marco Island? (Did not know about this one)
I don't think you'll find any of the Atlantic beaches much different than HHI. Marco Island (Crystal Shores) will be the closest Marriott to that situation for FL. Why not look at other systems that get you where you prefer, maybe Wyndham which has a resort in PCB on the beach and a couple across the road from the beach at Miramar near Destin. Or Bluegreen that has Tradewinds St. Pete Beach or Hyatt with Bonita springs or Siesta Key resorts.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
You could also consider Wyndham points for staying at Emerald Grande at Harborwalk village in Destin. This is typically where we stay and its on par with other Marriott resorts I’ve stayed at.
Wyndham also has a resort in Panama City beach and all the units are beachfront. The views are amazing but there are not a lot of amenities on site.
The beach in palm beach (Ocean Pointe) is not as nice as Destin/PCB but it’s nicer than HHI or Myrtle beach.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also consider Wyndham points for staying at Emerald Grande at Harborwalk village in Destin. This is typically where we stay and its on par with other Marriott resorts I’ve stayed at.
Wyndham also has a resort in Panama City beach and all the units are beachfront. The views are amazing but the resort itself it’s a step below Marriott and not a lot of amenities.
The beach in palm beach (Ocean Pointe) is not as nice as Destin/PCB but it’s nicer than HHI or Myrtle beach.
I'm not sure I'd consider the Wyndham PCB below Marriott. Certainly it's a different setup but from a unit standpoint it's on par and the studios are far superior. Compared to the Marriott at Bay Point (Legend's Edge), it's more than comparable. For us we aren't that attracted to Emerald Grande and it's more condo setup and since the OP wants the beach, there's no beach there are the resort.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Although I still don't fully understand the Marriott system I love the beach (clear blue waters) and I'm looking to buy at a beachfront Marriott a fixed week during the summer or floating Platinum (Minimum 2bdr). I might even consider EOY.

Anyways, I want to find one in FL because Hawaii is a long trip to make every year, but I will also consider the ones in Aruba (seem to cost a whole lot more...so may skip this location), but prefer FL. Which one do you guys recommend? Again the priority is the water and then the amenities of the resort.
If clear blue water is your priority then it’s hands down Aruba..the different shades of blue,teal and the clarity is incredible,that being said, We vacation at a Beach Place in Fort Lauderdale every January and have vacationed at Ocean Pointe on Singer Island and the water is very nice but there is really no comparison to Aruba IMHO.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I narrowed down to:
Marriott's Crystal Shores
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Surf Club, Aruba

But inventory of fixed weeks is very low? I'm not a fan of the floating weeks because well the floating seasons always include weeks that are really out of the "season"...i.e. the weeks at the beginning and end most of the time are not really good options.

So to all of you "floating" owners at these resorts...how hard is it to get the actual week you want in your season?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Well I narrowed down to:
Marriott's Ocean Pointe

But inventory of fixed weeks is very low? I'm not a fan of the floating weeks because well the floating seasons always include weeks that are really out of the "season"...i.e. the weeks at the beginning and end most of the time are not really good options.

So to all of you "floating" owners at these resorts...how hard is it to get the actual week you want in your season?
Have you thought of a vistana unit? You an go to harborside at Atlantis, Westin St. John, and Cancun and get plenty of clear water!! Plus trade into interval. You don’t even need to own one of those locations. You can own Orlando and at 8 months book summer weeks in those locations.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only looked at Hyatt and Marriott since my perception is those are the better brands and they tend to fit better with the types of resorts I would stay at. Having said that don’t know anything about Vistana so I will look into it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well I narrowed down to:
Marriott's Ocean Pointe

None of these properties have fixed weeks unless you consider Holiday weeks fixed. Getting a week in your season is guaranteed by the deed you own. Getting the week you want is not. Planning and booking at 12 months out increases your likelihood of success.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have only looked at Hyatt and Marriott since my perception is those are the better brands and they tend to fit better with the types of resorts I would stay at. Having said that don’t know anything about Vistana so I will look into it.
You want clear blue water and imo Marriott isn’t going to give you that. Sure they have Aruba, I was there In August and going back in November. I couldn’t imagine it packed. There would be no where to move. You’d have to rent a car for clear blue water. Check the Caribbean resorts with vistana. Bahamas, St John and Mexico have better water than St Kitts and Aruba imo. Florida beaches are “ok” but I’m not so sure I’d spend a week in lauderdale as a beach vacation. A long weekend, sure, a week? I’d prefer clear blue water like you.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba: outside the hurricane belt. No hurricanes, ever. Perfect weather all year.
The ABC Islands are all outside of the hurricane belt. Hurricanes rarely hit these Islands and the weather is ideal all year.