• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Closed - new thread started] Will Hawaii Open by [OCTOBER???] [Please use this thread for all Hawaii Coronavirus discussions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
This won't change anyone's minds, but it is nonetheless a testimony to the effectiveness of the orders in place. Not too long ago Hawaii was the furthest right on this chart reflecting the highest Rt value in the United States. Today it is the lowest, meaning a single infected person is spreading the disease to the fewest others of any state in the US. It has gone from ~1.29 about 8 weeks ago (which means exponential growth in cases) to 0.80 today. A value below 1.0 reflects the disease going away.

View attachment 26571
It’s good to see progress. I’m particularly impressed with the effectiveness that lockdown orders have had in the states immediately to the right of HI in this chart.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
It’s good to see progress. I’m particularly impressed with the effectiveness that lockdown orders have had in the states immediately to the right of HI in this chart.
The problem with the graph is that it's describing what already happened and is limited in predictive value because, for instance, a few big Labor Day parties leading to 200 new cases won't show up on it for a couple weeks. So, grain of salt is in order. But it does show the good results that have occurred so far.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm thinking about closing this thread when the quarantine is extended to Nov. 1, and starting a new Hawaii C19 discussion thread, if you guys like that idea? Please use the like button if you think it's a good idea, like Luanne did.

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
66 new cases reported today, down from 80 yesterday, and continuing the downward march. The very good news, as I see it, is that we are now 8 days past Labor Day, 8-10 past the weekend, and so Labor Day bad behavior should be mostly in the data by now.

The 7-day moving average is 118 new cases. Infection rate steady at 2.2%. 7-day hospitalizations at 8%. All very good numbers. Seems clear that Hawaii is out of its uncontrolled spread and now winding down back to low levels. My guess is the governor extends to Nov 1 for the sole reason that he wants to see if they can open up and maintain these levels. He needs 2-3 weeks after the opening for that, and that puts him well past Oct. 1 to know.

1600210855089.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on this (and a dose of reality and common sense) I've finally tossed in the white towel and canceled the Oct 26 HGVC Lagoon Tower reservations, and rebooked for Jan 25. Hopefully that puts some air and space into the plans to allow a Nov 1 or even Dec 1 opening, along with time for some of Waikiki to reopen.
Nothing says parole... I mean vacation like an electronic monitoring bracelet

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
What options exist for those who arrive only to discover days later that they are C19 positive? They can’t fly home. Where do they stay? What does this cost? Who pays?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
What options exist for those who arrive only to discover days later that they are C19 positive? They can’t fly home. Where do they stay? What does this cost? Who pays?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly why if/when we go we are determined to self-quarantine for at least 5-7 days before testing so by arrival in Hawaii we're about 9-10 days out and either should have symptoms already or, if asymptomatic, already at the end of contagion per the CDC. If some quarantine is required to make it safe, I'd rather do it at home than in Hawaii!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Based on this (and a dose of reality and common sense) I've finally tossed in the white towel and canceled the Oct 26 HGVC Lagoon Tower reservations, and rebooked for Jan 25. Hopefully that puts some air and space into the plans to allow a Nov 1 or even Dec 1 opening, along with time for some of Waikiki to reopen.
I thought HHV announced that it was closed till at least Nov 15? My friend owns a restaurant at HHV and they might not reopen. They are closed indefinitely but he has to still pay rent. He is not even allowed onto HHV property to do anything at his restaurant.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I thought HHV announced that it was closed till at least Nov 15? My friend owns a restaurant at HHV and they might not reopen. They are closed indefinitely but he has to still pay rent. He is not even allowed onto HHV property to do anything at his restaurant.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
It's not clear. It appears you cannot make a reservation before Dec 15. But on Sept. 4 I was able to make a reservation for Oct-Nov. I just canceled that this morning, but HGVC had not canceled it, so as of this morning they still had that reservation on the books. Most I can say is that HHV has been unclear in their situation.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I'm thinking about closing this thread when the quarantine is extended to Nov. 1, and starting a new Hawaii C19 discussion thread, if you guys like that idea? Please use the like button if you think it's a good idea, like Luanne did.

I like that you said "WHEN" since you kind of know that it will be extended. Perhaps you should just call it "When will Hawaii Open", that way if it gets extended again and again you won't need to close it. However, I do get the impression from reading the last statement from Governor Ige that he finally got it that extending it over and over is NOT good for Hawaii. He may extend it more than a month to say December 1 and make sure that everything is in place for an opening before the Holidays no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.