• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI exchange for Vidanta and Villa Group in Mexico

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had bad experiences with RCI in the past, when we have deposited weeks and have never gotten anything we wanted in exchange. RCI refuses to let us know what is available, until after an exchange.
Has anything changed with them, or is it still difficult to get what you want through RCI? Thanks

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
RCI with Vidanta will be the same regarding any of the Vidanta Resorts. At check in you will be assigned a concierge. That person, depending on availability, can often acquire a better unit for your stay if you agree to a presentation. If you don't attend you get the exchange unit which is nice but not in the best location.

The Villa Group does the same thing with exchanges.

Owners will get the better rooms.

Bill

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is not my concern . If I deposit my timeshares into RCI will I be able to trade for units I want?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That is not my concern . If I deposit my timeshares into RCI will I be able to trade for units I want?
There are thousands of vidanata weeks in RCI. What do you want and which dates?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looking at OP’s profile page, I believe what they are considering doing is depositing a Grand Luxxe Loft week in NV into RCI and using it to exchange elsewhere, not using a different TS to get into Vidanta. As far as that goes, I would not recommend that as a beneficial exchange because of the high fees for the underlying week. It’s not obvious exactly which loft unit OP owns, but even if it is a studio loft, IMHO the costs make it tough to justify using it to go elsewhere, though you can find some good exchanges.

If I’m correct in what is being sought, you might try Interval or ThirdHome to get exchanges that are more on a par. It’s pretty tough to guess if you would get what you want without any idea of what you’re looking for, though.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @shirlasker, I’m not sure if this is what you are asking but here is another answer for you:

When exchanging your timeshare unit with RCI, your unit is assigned a point value.

If you are a member of RCI Weeks, you exchange using Trading Power Units, or TPU’s. Your TPU value is based on many factors, such as resort, size of unit, number of bedrooms, location, time of year, etc. RCI has a TPU Calculator on their enrolled members online site that lets you know what the current value of your unit is, or the value if deposited say maybe next year. We can help you and let you know what the TPU value is if you ask us.

if your unit is enrolled in RCI Points, your unit has a set amount of Points issued every year, or every other year or every 3rd year. If you decide to not use your home resort or unit one year, after you pay your maintenance fees, you will be able to use your points to select another resort or resorts to trade into. You will know your Point value when you purchase your timeshare. There is a directory somewhere listing the Point value of RCI Points timeshares. Someone might be able to find the link on here.

Sorry I don’t know too much about Vidanta, can’t help you there. But you do see Vidanta units in RCI. I believe if you have RCI Platinum you have better access to units, but maybe others can confirm this. Also if you have RCI Platinum you have the ability to set up a search request without having to pay first - you can pay when the unit becomes available.

****The key to getting what you want from RCI exchanges is setting up a search or searches as soon as possible - usually start your search about a year before your desired travel dates. All of the good stuff is taken by search requests before they are even posted. You usually have to pay your next year’s maintenance fees In advance, prior to accepting and paying for your search request.

Last edited:

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at OP’s profile page, I believe what they are considering doing is depositing a Grand Luxxe Loft week in NV into RCI and using it to exchange elsewhere, not using a different TS to get into Vidanta. As far as that goes, I would not recommend that as a beneficial exchange because of the high fees for the underlying week. It’s not obvious exactly which loft unit OP owns, but even if it is a studio loft, IMHO the costs make it tough to justify using it to go elsewhere, though you can find some good exchanges.

If I’m correct in what is being sought, you might try Interval or ThirdHome to get exchanges that are more on a par. It’s pretty tough to guess if you would get what you want without any idea of what you’re looking for, though.
Yes you got what I am looking for. We have grand luxe loft or anything below that. We could try depositing cheaper units and see what we can get in exchange. For example, we usually go to Mexico for Jan and Feb and not going this year due to Covid (we don't want to fly and not sure the Mexican resorts are safe). So we would like to drive down to Florida (we are from New York) and try to exchange for a unit with RCI in Florida. However, in the past we have had very poor luck getting anything we wanted in Florida during the winter. But they will only tell you what is available after you spend the money and deposit your week, which we are not fans of. We also own with the Villa Group and that is also a cheaper exchange. Vidanta doesn't trade on Intervale. We never had much luck with interval trading either.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Ok, Vidanta will probably not let you deposit a lower cost week; they wouldn't let me either. Grand Luxxe loft doesn't really trade in RCI, but instead in Registry Collection. You can check what they have available at this website:

Registry is similar to RCI and has a weeks side and a points side; Vidanta is on the weeks side of things. I posted what I know about the Registry Collection and how it works for Vidanta in this thread:

Things may have changed since then, so you would be best off calling Registry and asking about their current program for Vidanta at the level you own and what it would take to establish a membership and use it.

I have seen Grand Luxxe Loft weeks on ThirdHome as well. There are some quite nice exchange opportunities there, but it's on the expensive side and I wouldn't recommend it at the studio loft level.