• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerto Vallarta hikes - Las Animas trail (2014)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Would be a long day to do the hike and El Tuito on the same day.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Clarification - I meant - that both of Steve' posts on :
" things to do " - Puerto Vallarta

make a good - ( full ) day adventure .

The information included is worth keeping for your next PV visit ,
whether that visit is next month or next year .

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Time to bump
Good info for 2018 visits to PV

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Time to Bump for 2019 PV visitors / good pictures too

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump March 2019 / a good day trip when in PV

DRIless

Reaction score
COVID-19 2020 update
Boca de Tomatlan as far as Playa Los Colomitos

In town, but upriver from most of the town, are two bridges. there is a concrete walk bridge that may or may not be accessible, looks like it has had many repairs. It was in ok repairs when I used it. Upriver just a bit from that is a suspension bridge that appears to be private.

Trail at one time had lots of care and rails and steps and tree identification signs. Most of the rails are deteriorated, most of the steps are deteriorated, the trail is well traveled but not well kept, lots of trash.

Playa Los Colomitos is a bit different, while Steve's pictures were undoubtedly taken at low tide, I think there is less sand than when he was there. I was there at high tide and there was no beach and the steps on the far side were way above the water. I'm thinking the water, which was a couple feet deep below the steps, was as far below the steps as Steve's beach was six years ago. Be prepared to get wet to get across and get up the other side.

The trail follows the coast pretty much but is very much jungle. I came back from Playa Los Colomitos on a second, much higher, trail that was very seldom used by anyone and not attended to very well. Easy to follow, it was at one time well laid out and marked. IN the few spots where the sun hit the trail it was completely overgrown.

DRIless

Reaction score
COVID-19 2020 update
Boca de Tomatlan as far as Playa Los Colomitos

In town, but upriver from most of the town, are two bridges. there is a concrete walk bridge that may or may not be accessible, looks like it has had many repairs. It was in ok repairs when I used it. Upriver just a bit from that is a suspension bridge that appears to be private.

Trail at one time had lots of care and rails and steps and tree identification signs. Most of the rails are deteriorated, most of the steps are deteriorated, the trail is well traveled but not well kept, lots of trash.

Playa Los Colomitos is a bit different, while Steve's pictures were undoubtedly taken at low tide, I think there is less sand than when he was there. I was there at high tide and there was no beach and the steps on the far side were way above the water. I'm thinking the water, which was a couple feet deep below the steps, was as far below the steps as Steve's beach was six years ago. Be prepared to get wet to get across and get up the other side.

The trail follows the coast pretty much but is very much jungle. I came back from Playa Los Colomitos on a second, much higher, trail that was very seldom used by anyone and not attended to very well. Easy to follow, it was at one time well laid out and marked. IN the few spots where the sun hit the trail it was completely overgrown.

FFFD38C0-C4B9-4635-AF11-973E6B5A4B1D.jpeg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
would be good to get an update on current trail conditions if anyone has any info.