• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How often do you forget about Covid

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We forgot about Covid for a few hours today. This might have been one of the few times since March. Our neighbor came over this afternoon to talk about her close friend who just died at home for reasons unrelated to Covid. Then another close friend who has been battling a serious illness for several years felt really good today. So we went for a nice walk near the reservoir and then ate dinner at a restaurant that serves really good chicken wings. Even though the staff all wore masks and the customers wore masks when not eating and the tables were socially distanced, it felt more like an ordinary meal than most other times we've eaten out in the last few months. It might have been because there was a lot of activity in and about the restaurant-- The tables were full, the takeout section was busy and the weather was really nice. And because business was so good, this was one of the few restaurants we've been to recently where we didn't wonder how long the restaurant would be able to stay in business. I can't remember the last time we talked for a few hours and didn't discuss Covid. It actually felt good to actually discuss problems that had nothing to do with Covid.

PS: For those of you near Westchester County, New York, this was the Candlelight Inn on Central Avenue in Scarsdale. Love the chicken wings and hamburgers, even though we're almost always the oldest people in the restaurant. If the weather is good this weekend, we're thinking of visiting a drive-in theater, even though the closest ones are more than an hour away.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We go to work 5-6 days a week, go out to eat (out or indoors, or only takeout, depending on Newsom's mood) 2-3x a week, go to the beach as a family 2-3 days per week (son surfs 3-4x/week), and have been to Palm Desert this summer for a week, as well as camping in Carlsbad for 3 days.

Son works as a lifeguard at a pool, between the 3 of us we go to stores 10+ times/week. Since March we have collectively been to Costco at least 15 times. I've been to Home Depot and Wal Mart at least 30 times. Since February, family has visited from Seattle about 12 times to be with an ailing family member. We wear masks everywhere (not on beach or outdoors 6+ feet from people), use isopropyl spray on everything we touch (carts, pay terminals), and on our hands routinely when out.

Have spent time with family and friends (6-10 people) 3-4 times.

Tested routinely for COVID, temperature checks daily, and so far none of us has tested positive. We have never been healthier as far as colds and flu in any span as a family.

Hopefully I didn't jinx it, but wanted to give our perspective.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the last couple of days because Oregon is burning up. Our household has grown from 2 adults and one dog to 4 adults, 2 kids and 4 dogs. Got up today at 7:30 and it was still dark. never saw the sun today. Fire about 12 miles away. We are in town, so hope we are better off than living out in the country.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I do not think about Covid too much anymore. I have adjusted to the new normal and it just seems normal now to mostly stay home and follow safety guidelines when out.

Last week, we spent 8 days in Pismo Beach and I completely forgot about Covid. I told my husband everything feels so normal here (in Pismo). I would never have known there was a pandemic. It felt exactly like it did when we visited pre-Covid.

The longer I go without getting sick and not knowing anyone personally who has been sick, the more I forget about Covid. It seems like if people are careful and follow safety guidelines, they are not getting sick. In the media, it sounds like the majority of people who are getting sick and/or dying seem to fit certain demographics and/or engage in high risk behaviors.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I do not think about Covid too much anymore. I have adjusted to the new normal and it just seems normal now to mostly stay home and follow safety guidelines when out.

Last week, we spent 8 days in Pismo Beach and I completely forgot about Covid. I told my husband everything feels so normal here (in Pismo). I would never have known there was a pandemic. It felt exactly like it did when we visited pre-Covid.

The longer I go without getting sick and not knowing anyone personally who has been sick, the more I forget about Covid. It seems like if people are careful and follow safety guidelines, they are not getting sick. In the media, it sounds like the majority of people who are getting sick and/or dying seem to fit certain demographics and/or engage in high risk behaviors.
While I feel somewhat similarly, I am finding the longer things go on, the more I hear about people getting it. My sister's husband is in a public service job. A co-worker in his early 50's got covid and is still on supplemental oxygen after two months. And my nephew (mid-20's) had it and missed two weeks of work (got it from his gf, who got it from a family member visiting from another state), another friend's boss is still in the ICU but not on a ventilator...I know of three others, one who was hospitalized. Personally I think that will be the norm going forward.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
As of Tuesday we now know someone with covid. My cousin's 18 year old daughter just started college in Ohio and she has tested positive. Quarantining in her dorm room. I can't say that we ever forget about it when going about our daily lives.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We think about it everyday. Since we wear our mask any place we need to go it’s kind of hard and in my case stupid, not to think about it when out of the house. I know if I come down with it it will most certainly be a death sentence due to my health problems. It doesn’t keep me from doing what I need or want to do on a daily basis but it most certainly dictates how I prepare for the day.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We have a friend who died of it here and her husband also got it and is still recovering from its side effects. Two neighbors, a block away, got it when spending a week with extended family while renting a beach house in Myrtle Beach for a week. Most who were there got it. Not sure of the number now, but four who attend my mother’s church were positive a month ago. While the College of Charleston will not go on campus until next week, testing is required and 137 have tested positive so far.

With a 98 year old mother living with us and my husband with 98% blocked right coronary artery, I think about COVID all the time.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
I have the last couple of days because Oregon is burning up. Our household has grown from 2 adults and one dog to 4 adults, 2 kids and 4 dogs. Got up today at 7:30 and it was still dark. never saw the sun today. Fire about 12 miles away. We are in town, so hope we are better off than living out in the country.

Our hopes are with you and all those in OR, WA, and CA affected by those horrific wildfires that rains will come and winds will die down. My sis & her DH have evacuated from Estacada to stay with family in Boring.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I hate it when I get out of my car to go in a store then realize I forgot my mask!! I hate having to walk back and get it. That happens alot, so I guess I forget about CoVID alot!!! :LOL:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
While we've been living a relatively normal summer life of golf, outdoor restaurant dining, having close friends over for a driveway or patio visit, we cannot ignore the virus as it has struck friends and family.

Earlier this week got a FB reminder to wish a friend living in AZ a happy birthday- when I reached her FB page, I learned she'd died from Covid in late June. Last week, our sister-in-law called to tell us that at a family pool gathering in suburban Chicago, an in-law of theirs had attended with "mild" symptoms, tested +, and now is experiencing severe symptoms; meanwhile his wife took up her daughter's offer to stay with her family as a quarantine measure and that woman is also +. Luckily, as of now, we know of no one else at that small event who may have contracted covid. Our 21-year old grandson, Type 1, had a mild case in late June, and thank the Lord, is recovered.

I wait for the day when we truly can forget there is such a beast as Covid-19!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
In our community I usually forget about COVID for a little while unless one of the Karens says something about not seeing people wearing masks somewhere she went- while she herself is not wearing a mask in our community as she says this.

Basically no one here wears a mask around the community or at the pool. We went to dinner at a neighbors home last evening. Was originally supposed to be outside but it was too warm so we ate indoors and spend about 3 hours inside their little home. No masks.

I also went to the beach today and no one wore a mask there so I did not think about it. Being a weekday and after Labor Day the beach was not crowded at all and there were even some kids there- I assume school did not start for them yet.

Other than that I always think about it and how we have missed a lot of things we wanted to do in our first year of retirement either because of the lock downs or because even with the restricted openings you have to wear a mask, which we will not do.

I think about it when I want to go do something and realize there are restrictions and we have to try to make a reservation (like at many of the state parks) just to visit. Things like that where it was always second nature to just hop in the car and drive spontaneously.

My husband wants to go away hunting in either NY or upstate NH, but now has to take into consideration any quarantine rules and the fact that a bunch of old guys (one his cousin from Queens who already had COVID) will be in a cabin in the woods together for a week.

But that said, we are grateful to be healthy so far and to have been able to be outdoors a lot this spring and summer and also plan to be this fall as well. Winter we will try to go outside as much as we can also, cold be damned. We are thankful we were able to move this year and meet some people and have a bit of a social life.

But I cannot help thinking a lot about the damage this pandemic (all facets of it) has caused to our society and the long term effects it will have in the future. That's when the anxiety sets in.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It hit home quickly for us. With a physician daughter, sadly who's pretty much called what should have been done since Jan/Feb to a sister who's an ICU nurse outside NYC (and had a tough run of it in March (although she did isolate and recover at home). Hearing firsthand the tragedy, even for the survivors, we've been extremely cautious. We pick 'our circle' carefully, weighing risk over reward regarding most activities. I haven't been to the gym since mid February, although I worked out (often instructing) daily via zoom and FB live until I messed up knee a couple weeks ago (stupidly not acting my age and attempting to step things up a little and try some plyometrics).

I was going to attend an outside gym gathering 2 weeks ago, but my phys daughter's first reaction was 'oh, so the pandemic is over'? Most of my choices are in consideration of the high risk people I could infect (if it were about me, I would risk getting it versus this crazy self distancing we are practicing).

Seems fairly regularly now we are hearing about someone we know getting it. Just yesterday, my great-niece in St. Louis (who is 10), was exposed in class. The 1/2 of the class the kid that has covid was sent home for 2 weeks. My great-niece, on the other side of the class, won't even be tested and will continue to go to school. I have no idea what my niece will do if one of her 3 children has to stay home as she works in the school system (as a paraprofessional).

So short answer, it's never forgotten for me, continues to be a consideration in my daily choices.

Note to add. My sister, who has had it, still follows the rules those who have not. She is currently vacationing in PA because it is a state she can visit without returning, to CT, without quarantining. They were planning to visit their daughter in SC. Those type of choices suck. One thing I hate the most about this, is not being able to see my mother (she's in MA). I usually see her 3 or 4 times a year. Thankfully we went to Clearwater in February, but it's been far too long.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm aware about the Covid situation. What I do forget is to place my mask on prior to leaving the car to go to a business establishment or an appointment. It's not uncommon for me to have to return to my vehicle to retrieve my mask.....

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only time I completely forget about it is when I am volunteering at the senior dog rescue during hours that we aren't open to the public. I literally only think about the dogs when I'm there. It's one of the only places I've been where I completely forget about the outside world. Sometimes, I can even take my mask off for a while if nobody else is anywhere near me.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
By now I'm used to the new routine. I can honestly say that I may never, ever do the sit in traffic commute thing when things return to "normal".
I feel this way, too. I don't want to go back to sitting in traffic, being crowded at Disneyland, eating in loud crowded restaurants, shopping in a crowded store.... while I used to deal with all of that on a regular basis, I am used to not dealing with any of that now and I don't want to go back to it. Heck, I don't even want to have more than 2 things on my schedule per day anymore. I used to run from activity to activity and coordinate/lead group activities. I don't plan on doing that anymore, either.

mrsstats

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I never forget about it. It has changed so many things that we did without thinking about it. Have not been in my brother's house since it started. We just started eating inside at a restaurant. Can't travel down south to look at homes since we would have 2 week quarantine when we return plus not sure I want to travel to a place that has high infection rates when NY has brought them way down. Not sure when life will ever be "normal" again.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I think of it daily but less then before. Hard not to when you have a mask on, how protocol has changed at doctors offices and hospitals, limitations on what can be done, etc.

As time goes on it is becoming more a way of life so more at ease as there is no choice. Life happening has taught me I can’t lock myself in.

geekette

Reaction score
I frequently forget. There is a lot more than pandemic happening in my life and I was already mostly home working on the shanty and pitching stuff my life doesn't need.

I can also forget when in a store. I try to not forget then, tho, and give much space to others. Finally, tape on the floor I somehow didn't notice before helps me remember. I am thankful we don't have directional arrows in aisles, I buggered that most every time because I apparently didn't notice.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I hate it when I get out of my car to go in a store then realize I forgot my mask!! I hate having to walk back and get it. That happens alot, so I guess I forget about CoVID alot!!! :LOL:

Me too :cool: Although now that I’m a participant in a vaccine trial, I have to think of it at 7 PM when I have to enter my data.

Cheers

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I think about Covid a lot. I hardly ever go out. My husband and son run errands. I do go in the yard and pool and will start walking again when it gets cooler here. We went to Orange Lake for a few days but social distanced and cooked our meals in the timeshare. Planning a trip to Virginia by car, a remote Timeshare with a golf course. Looking forward to a change to temps. Hoping for a brighter fall, with possible vaccine for this Covid-19. It has made us more aware of what is important in life. Health and Happiness and the ability to enjoy life. I will not take my freedom for granted ever again.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is sad, but every so often there will be a report on television and my husband basically is hearing it each time for the first time and gets very upset about it. Time passes and I have to explain to him again why we aren’t going anywhere and about this virus we are trying to avoid

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We still abide with protocols even though we really do not feel a covid threat to us personally. Recently we did have drinks with friends we haven't seen since Feb. Regarding family it has been odd. Most of our family mingles. One of the families in my family is really using the covid dealio for an excuse to not see people or work. They create alot of drama so maybe it is good they are still in covid lock down, lol.

Bill