• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Owners a meeting September 2nd - Clearwater

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I doubt that VIP webinar will be any more informative then the website or what you read here.

Has Wyndham announced a date when the new VIP program will begin other than November?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has Wyndham announced a date when the new VIP program will begin other than November?

Nope. They kind of breezed right past it during the meeting.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

My current understanding is Nov 1, 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees “Live stream offline”?

There is a "recap" at: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/owner-guide/resources/annual-owners-meeting

And even though it currently says:

"If you were unable to make it, a recording of the meeting will be available in the coming days, so you catch up on all the latest club news and travel updates. Stay tuned!"

The whole two hours are already available (for now, anyway) at: http://mertzproductions.com/clubwyndhamevent

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Trying not to be too disappointed, what did we expect? Hard to swallow, the reasons for the new website, seriously so we can now add on extra nights? Please, let's start with replacing the lost functionality (simple data not displaying on reservations or the transaction history for starters). I do not think this COVID 2020 system is any faster than voyager, that was another reason stated. I'm still wondering where it came from (other than left field).

I wonder if with this new 'no more 1 night stays' if they will let us add on an extra night to an in-progress reservation. That is when it can come in handy, and we should be able to do so since it would not involve cleaning. Will be interested to see how that has been implemented.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Trying not to be too disappointed, what did we expect? Hard to swallow, the reasons for the new website, seriously so we can now add on extra nights? Please, let's start with replacing the lost functionality (simple data not displaying on reservations or the transaction history for starters). I do not think this COVID 2020 system is any faster than voyager, that was another reason stated. I'm still wondering where it came from (other than left field).

I wonder if with this new 'no more 1 night stays' if they will let us add on an extra night to an in-progress reservation. That is when it can come in handy, and we should be able to do so since it would not involve cleaning. Will be interested to see how that has been implemented.

I was curious about Annie’s Q&A comment that one can only change the front/back end reservation date once.

I didn’t think that was going to be the case.

weemoeway

Reaction score

Wait... No more 1 night stays?
I was about to shop for a 2-, then 1-night stay in a couple places in SoCal.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wait... No more 1 night stays?
I was about to shop for a 2-, then 1-night stay in a couple places in SoCal.

Starting tomorrow. Book it now if it will allow you.

weemoeway

Reaction score
Starting tomorrow. Book it now if it will allow you.

It causes me to wonder, how does eliminating 1-night stays help them? Is housekeeping so expensive that they save so much time/money by avoiding to clean a room for that one night?

I pretty much just do it for when I need a quick stopover in between locations (like when my family drove literally all around the south east). Is the system smart enough to minimize inventory from ending up with 1 night availability that they can no longer offer?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It causes me to wonder, how does eliminating 1-night stays help them? Is housekeeping so expensive that they save so much time/money by avoiding to clean a room for that one night?

I pretty much just do it for when I need a quick stopover in between locations (like when my family drove literally all around the south east). Is the system smart enough to minimize inventory from ending up with 1 night availability that they can no longer offer?

I think that it is to eat points. Can't get one? Buy two. If a VIP adds a night to an upgraded reservation, the price is for the upgraded unit.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

They said because of the additional cleaning required for COVID, that it's not worth it for one night. Feels more like further erosion of benefits for VIP's.

weemoeway

Reaction score
They said because of the additional cleaning required for COVID, that it's not worth it for one night. Feels more like further erosion of benefits for VIP's.
If that's their reasoning, then it would make sense to bring it back once the pandemic is done, right? (but, I wouldn't hold my breath on it)

I'd be interested in finding out what % of bookings are 1-night stays, and in what booking window those stays are reserved.

I kinda wish I could have joined the meeting, but I had to work.

I guess more Days Inn in the future for me. LOL

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If that's their reasoning, then it would make sense to bring it back once the pandemic is done, right? (but, I wouldn't hold my breath on it)

I'd be interested in finding out what % of bookings are 1-night stays, and in what booking window those stays are reserved.

I kinda wish I could have joined the meeting, but I had to work.

I guess more Days Inn in the future for me. LOL
I'm hoping the same (that they bring it back). We don't really use it all that much, probably more often to add on a night (so hoping we can add on to a reservation even after you've checked on.. we'll see how that works). But a nice perk, and a value add for VIP's.

The recording was available following the meeting, but I don't see it anymore, anyone else? They say a summary will be posted soon, wonder why they took it down?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I think that it is to eat points. Can't get one? Buy two. If a VIP adds a night to an upgraded reservation, the price is for the upgraded unit.

It’s because it reduces the number of units they have to turn over. If they have less units to turn over, they can spend more time cleaning. With the new COVID procedures, it takes longer to turn over a unit. I always wondered why they allowed one night stays when it takes them longer to clean a condo then Hotel room. If I had to add an extra night, I’d find a hotel because the maintenance fees on two nights would likely cost more then one night in a hotel room. So I doubt taking away one night stays would make owners use more points. In fact, I suspect it would do the opposite. If people cannot book one night stays, why bother using the points when a hotel room will do for just one night.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm hoping the same (that they bring it back). We don't really use it all that much, probably more often to add on a night (so hoping we can add on to a reservation even after you've checked on.. we'll see how that works). But a nice perk, and a value add for VIP's.

The recording was available following the meeting, but I don't see it anymore, anyone else? They say a summary will be posted soon, wonder why they took it down?

When was the ability to book one night stays a VIP benefit? Anyone could book a one night stay within two weeks if check in.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It’s because it reduces the number of units they have to turn over. If they have less units to turn over, they can spend more time cleaning. With the new COVID procedures, it takes longer to turn over a unit. I always wondered why they allowed one night stays when it takes them longer to clean a condo then Hotel room. If I had to add an extra night, I’d find a hotel because the maintenance fees on two nights would likely cost more then one night in a hotel room. So I doubt taking away one night stays would make owners use more points. In fact, I suspect it would do the opposite. If people cannot book one night stays, why bother using the points when a hotel room will do for just one night.
Which is why I see another hit for VIP's. Likely not something resale owners do much, but since free housekeeping a VIP benefit, it was a benefit for us.

I also think I've used it far more often to add a night or two on to an existing reservation, rather than just stay somewhere for one night. Sad to see it go, but I understand the reasoning at this time. Hope they bring it back post COVID.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Which is why I see another hit for VIP's. Likely not something resale owners do much, but since free housekeeping a VIP benefit, it was a benefit for us.

I also think I've used it far more often to add a night or two on to an existing reservation, rather than just stay somewhere for one night. Sad to see it go, but I understand the reasoning at this time. Hope they bring it back post COVID.

They do have the option to add a night or two to an existing reservation. It doesn’t cost extra housekeeping credits unless your extra day brings your total nights to 8. That’s the way it was before. I would imagine that would cut down in the number of one or two night stay reservations.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They do have the option to add a night or two to an existing reservation. It doesn’t cost extra housekeeping credits unless your extra day brings your total nights to 8. That’s the way it was before. I would imagine that would cut down in the number of one or two night stay reservations.
I wonder if they'll let us do that if the reservation is in progress. For sure, that is when I've done it the most. Deciding to stay an extra night once in house. And that costs them nothing in housekeeping.

For VIPs, we don't pay housekeeping, so I'm guessing a much more used VIP benefit than we for resale owners. We went from being able to book a 1 night stay anytime an orphaned room was available, to only being able to book within 14 days (Voyager), to not being able to book a 1 night stay at all (COVID2020).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
When was the ability to book one night stays a VIP benefit? Anyone could book a one night stay within two weeks if check in.
Not specifically a VIP benefit, but I bet used a lot more by VIPs since we don't pay housekeeping.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I wonder if they'll let us do that if the reservation is in progress. For sure, that is when I've done it the most. Deciding to stay an extra night once in house. And that costs them nothing in housekeeping.

For VIPs, we don't pay housekeeping, so I'm guessing a much more used VIP benefit than we for resale owners. We went from being able to book a 1 night stay anytime an orphaned room was available, to only being able to book within 14 days (Voyager), to not being able to book a 1 night stay at all (COVID2020).

Not in progress, no. You have up until 72 hours before hand to do it. In the rare instance where someone wants to add a day while at the resort, they would have to book two in a separate reservation. I don’t think that will be a huge inconvenience since it doesn’t happen often. Especially since inventory is so limited in popular locations or during prime season, less then a week out. A lot of us have to stick to a schedule due to job and work schedules so we don’t need the option to book a single night at the end of our stay during our visit. I don’t see this as a watering down of benefits since they added the ability to add a night or three up until 72 hours before checkin.

Zeke_62

Reaction score
Ouch! I just tried to book 1 night for my daughter at one of the Anaheim locations for this weekend. She lives in LA, so just a "staycation" night with the pool. Peacock and Dolphin's cove both have Friday availability. I found the system requiring 2 night minimum and came to search TUG. Are you saying this was announced yesterday during the virtual owners meeting and took effect today??? Wow - once again I'm so disappointed in Wyndham's processes and procedures. The "new" add a night that must be done 72 hours prior and when I tried it, it would not offer the available upgrade. In the past, our family has decided to either stay an extra night or just provide a late checkout option while at the resort many times. We have also stayed 1 night many times when traveling from one place to another. We are platinum - short notice 1N stays and no housekeeping were one of the benefits we paid for. This new - unannounced - change will have a big impact for us.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Ouch! I just tried to book 1 night for my daughter at one of the Anaheim locations for this weekend. She lives in LA, so just a "staycation" night with the pool. Peacock and Dolphin's cove both have Friday availability. I found the system requiring 2 night minimum and came to search TUG. Are you saying this was announced yesterday during the virtual owners meeting and took effect today??? Wow - once again I'm so disappointed in Wyndham's processes and procedures. The "new" add a night that must be done 72 hours prior and when I tried it, it would not offer the available upgrade. In the past, our family has decided to either stay an extra night or just provide a late checkout option while at the resort many times. We have also stayed 1 night many times when traveling from one place to another. We are platinum - short notice 1N stays and no housekeeping were one of the benefits we paid for. This new - unannounced - change will have a big impact for us.

It was announced via email on August 20th. Two weeks before it took effect. You might want to check your spam folder.

Zeke_62

Reaction score
thank you - I just searched and found it at the very bottom of an email that up until that point has not real content. I skimmed and did not read. I'm not sure I agree with their published reasoning. I can book a 2 night stay starting tonight - how is that going to allow them to "effectively plan" for my arrival. Yet, I can't book a 1N stay starting tomorrow night. Why don't they just come out and say that cleaning costs too much for a 1 night stay.
Stay awhile. With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, our cleaning teams need a little extra time to ensure we’re ready for you. Effective Sept. 3, 2020, we’ll suspend one-night bookings so our teams are able to effectively plan for arriving owners and ensure we can efficiently and safely get their vacations off to a great start.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
thank you - I just searched and found it at the very bottom of an email that up until that point has not real content. I skimmed and did not read. I'm not sure I agree with their published reasoning. I can book a 2 night stay starting tonight - how is that going to allow them to "effectively plan" for my arrival. Yet, I can't book a 1N stay starting tomorrow night. Why don't they just come out and say that cleaning costs too much for a 1 night stay.
Stay awhile. With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, our cleaning teams need a little extra time to ensure we’re ready for you. Effective Sept. 3, 2020, we’ll suspend one-night bookings so our teams are able to effectively plan for arriving owners and ensure we can efficiently and safely get their vacations off to a great start.
let's hope they really mean it when they say suspend. I, too, consider this a lost benefit (that most likely affects VIP owners the most)