• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Vistana changed the way they deposit in Interval? Seems like they always split up lockoffs now

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like most of you, I haven't been able to use some of my Vistana (and Marriott) weeks this year, so I've been paying special attention to Interval inventory for next year. I'm noticing that there aren't many 2BR's for the Vistana resorts that have lockoffs. I can see a lot of Marriott 2BR & 3BR lockoffs, but Vistana has limited 2BR's in Interval for Florida and a few other resorts that have both straight 2BR's and 2BR lockoffs (Nanea, SBP).

In the past, I've traded into 2BR lockoffs in Kierland, SDO, Lagunamar, HRA, WPORV, WKORV and WKORVN. I'm curious if anybody is getting these trades now? I wonder if this is a result of Covid 19, to meet an expected demand for units next year? Since Vistana controls all their deposits, will larger units be extremely rare for the next couple of years? I'm thinking I'll have to accept a 1BR and buy ePlus, hoping to find an upgrade to a 2BR later?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Over the last few years I haven't seen a 2BR deposited with Interval from either Lagunamar [WLR] or Kierland [WKV].
There have been many weeks available with II for WKV [1BR-Small + 1BR-Large] for Non-Peak May thru Mid-Dec.
Similarly there are numerous weeks available with II for WLR [Studio + 1BR] for the entre year [excluding Christmas & New-Year].

Although there is much less inventory available from Vistana resorts in Hawaii [Ka'anapali & Princeville] the few that show up include 2BR-Units even during summer.
All of the above are observations Pre-COVID.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm only looking at instant exchanges to get an idea of deposits, so that's why I wonder if others are getting 2BR exchanges with ongoing searches these days? Marriott has lots of 2BR's in Phoenix and Palm Springs, but Vistana has ZERO larger units. :shrug:

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm only looking at instant exchanges to get an idea of deposits, so that's why I wonder if others are getting exchanges with ongoing searches these days? Marriott has lots of 2BR's in Phoenix and Palm Springs, but Vistana has ZERO larger units. :shrug:
I'm an instant exchanger too and it's been a long time since I've seen 2 bedroom units. More available inventory, more exchange fees is what I suspect.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I agree with the others... 2-bed Vistana weeks (at resorts with LOs) have not been available routinely for a while now. I may be wrong, but I think this started around the time of the acquisition.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, MICROZE, klpca, and Ken555. We usually invite family to join us, so I'm really hoping to find some Vistana 2BR's. I've been to so many Marriotts, I'd love to try more Vistana resorts! It's sort of a bird-in-the-hand dilemma, though.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I agree with everyone. I haven't seen 2 bedrooms at any of the resorts that have all lockoffs. I do deposit my own units as two parts, so I assumed everyone else is doing that, but maybe not.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I agree with the others... 2-bed Vistana weeks (at resorts with LOs) have not been available routinely for a while now. I may be wrong, but I think this started around the time of the acquisition.

So another advantage to Marriott

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
So another advantage to Marriott

Does a 1-bed Marriott routinely see 2-bed units at Marriott?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I wonder if there is an IT relation here. Does anyone know if a Marriott 2BR lockoff shows up as two 1BR reservations in the Bonvoy app? Ever since the merger of the programs all of my 2 BR booking a show up as two 1BR. Before it would just show up as a single 2BR reservation.

Likely just a coincidence - but maybe these Vistana units are coded as 1BR when being sent to II?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if there is an IT relation here. Does anyone know if a Marriott 2BR lockoff shows up as two 1BR reservations in the Bonvoy app? Ever since the merger of the programs all of my 2 BR booking a show up as two 1BR. Before it would just show up as a single 2BR reservation.

Likely just a coincidence - but maybe these Vistana units are coded as 1BR when being sent to II?
I don't think so. A 2BR lock off reservation (reserved as a 2BR) at a Marriott shows up with just one confirmation number in Bonvoy.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think so. A 2BR lock off reservation (reserved as a 2BR) at a Marriott shows up with just one confirmation number in Bonvoy.
Interesting. So here is a screenshot of some of the upcoming reservations that I have. One is a home week reservation, the other SO. Both are for 2BR at WKORV-N. Both sides of the lockoffs have different confirmation numbers.

This is consistent. I also have reservations at SDO, WMH and WLR. All are 2 BR and each one has different confirmation numbers for each side.
7EAA4476-8C64-41BB-B1A7-E32AAFAF08DC.jpeg

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are those StarOption or Interval exchanges?

In Interval, I’m just not seeing any 2BR’s (or at least very few) available for 2021 so far.

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are those StarOption or Interval exchanges?

In Interval, I’m just not seeing any 2BR’s (or at least very few) available for 2021 so far.
Neither are interval. One is my resort home week and the others are all SO.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
2br lockoffs at Vistana resorts are deposited in II as two separate sides only. Whole 2br lockoffs at Vistana resorts do not exist in II.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB

In over 12 years I have never deposited a 2BR-Marriott. Always Locked-Off and deposited a Studio + 1BR.
In over 12 years I have never stayed in a Marriott 1BR/Studio. Have always exchanged into a 2BR or larger [~30% being 3BR-Units].
Mostly summer vacations including July-4th in Hawaii or Caribbean. Have even vacationed during Christmas/New-Years at Marriott/Westin in Hawaii.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
In over 12 years I have never deposited a 2BR-Marriott. Always Locked-Off and deposited a Studio + 1BR.
In over 12 years I have never stayed in a Marriott 1BR/Studio. Have always exchanged into a 2BR or larger [~30% being 3BR-Units].
Mostly summer vacations including July-4th in Hawaii or Caribbean. Have even vacationed during Christmas/New-Years at Marriott/Westin in Hawaii.

Yeah, that’s what was possible until the last few years for us, too. The only question is really why Vistana weeks are not available as 2-beds while they are for Marriott.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
2br lockoffs at Vistana resorts are deposited in II as two separate sides only. Whole 2br lockoffs at Vistana resorts do not exist in II.

It didn’t used to be this way.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

With one side of my HRA unit in Interval, I can see Vistana 1BR’s and studios in Palm Desert and Scottsdale. The same HRA 1BR sees Marriott 2BR’s in the same areas. That’s what made me wonder where all the Vistana 2BR lockoffs are?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I've booked a few II exchanges in the past. I agree with your assessment that lockoffs are being split up in II. Ok for adults or two families traveling together. Not good when you have young kids.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Like most of you, I haven't been able to use some of my Vistana (and Marriott) weeks this year, so I've been paying special attention to Interval inventory for next year. I'm noticing that there aren't many 2BR's for the Vistana resorts that have lockoffs. I can see a lot of Marriott 2BR & 3BR lockoffs, but Vistana has limited 2BR's in Interval for Florida and a few other resorts that have both straight 2BR's and 2BR lockoffs (Nanea, SBP).

In the past, I've traded into 2BR lockoffs in Kierland, SDO, Lagunamar, HRA, WPORV, WKORV and WKORVN. I'm curious if anybody is getting these trades now? I wonder if this is a result of Covid 19, to meet an expected demand for units next year? Since Vistana controls all their deposits, will larger units be extremely rare for the next couple of years? I'm thinking I'll have to accept a 1BR and buy ePlus, hoping to find an upgrade to a 2BR later?
I would try an OGS to see if that would pull a 2 bed. Perhaps they are limiting the 2 bdr to requests. I think that it would be worth a try.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I dont th
Yeah, that’s what was possible until the last few years for us, too. The only question is really why Vistana weeks are not available as 2-beds while they are for Marriott.

Don't think its all Vistana.

I know for sure its been this way [at least 5 years] for WLR & WKV. Not sure why.
Highly doubt a Request would be any different as I have had open requests for years and have seen more success with getting matches to a 2BR at Westin Hawaii Christmas-Week.

Hawaii: As I stated earlier it does not apply to the Vistana resorts in Hawaii.
Caribbean: Excluding the Caribbean: Given the rarity, I haven't seen enough availability to notice of a pattern for HRA WSJ.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I wouldn't be surprised if II is specifically requesting that Vistana deposit post locking off. Two exchange fees are usually more than an upgrade fee even if one would be applicable. It is also a selling point for Vistana, if you buy direct and exchange with options you can pick your unit size but if you exchange through II, you will be limited to smaller units.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you might be right, but it seems terribly unfair to members who deposit a 2BR, and need to exchange into a 2BR for their family.