• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. The image I posted has front and rear baskets, but they're of a bit more rugged design. So carrying cargo shouldn't be a problem. And the fat tire design seems to indicate it'll work well off-road. Choices, for sure. :)
Do I detect some 'mission creep' here? :) I was out walking recently and some guy buzzed by me on a trike. Big basket on the back. No pedals at all. Looked darn handy as a 'neighborhood runabout'. Dave, I certainly get the 'stepover anxiety', but would a lower seat and step through work for you on a 2 wheeler? On a lot of these Class 2 (peddling optional, twist throttle, 20 mph speed limited) mini-bikes- a lot like what Bill bought or my RadRunner.

BTW, FedEx says my bike will arrive tomorrow. Then it's what appears to be fairly easy assembly/setup time.

JIm

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Dave, maybe you should think about taking up swimming or working out in the pool for exercise. I enjoy using a pool noodle to keep me up and just "bicycle" around in the water. Works well on my two artificial knees!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@Passepartout I honestly have no idea what is the best answer. The different styles of bikes are all new to me. Any two-wheeler would still need to be balanced. Yes, a low-bar step-thru design would probably work, but I'd still have to be able to use the pedals and step off at the right time to keep from falling over. With a three-wheeler, that requirement is eliminated. :thumbup:

Swimming would likely help some for overall strength, but we'll have to see how it goes. @Karen G I know you've had both knees done - can you kneel down? Do you have lateral stability? I find just walking across the room takes focus, or I can get off-kilter, like I've been drinking. I rarely drink, so can't often use that as an excuse. :D

Dave

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
@Karen G I know you've had both knees done - can you kneel down? Do you have lateral stability? I find just walking across the room takes focus, or I can get off-kilter, like I've been drinking. I rarely drink, so can't often use that as an excuse. :D
I think if my life depended on it, I might be able to kneel down on a thickly padded soft surface but it might be hard to get back up. Therefore, I don't kneel! I don't really notice lateral instability but occasionally stepping up out of the pool I do feel a little wobbly, but it may have been those Costco margaritas!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
My heart rate probably doesn't go up much walking or ebike riding ... no big deal :)

Then you are not exerting yourself enough in either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Why would you say that? I cannot get my heart rate up walking. Unless I'm on a 15%+ incline. Then maybe.

For those days we can’t get outside because our Air Quality is >150 (due to surrounding wildfires) we picked up a nice elliptical (Precor EFX835) - very timely.

[Deleted - Robin didn’t like photo]

Robin getting her heart rate up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Brett

Reaction score

"E-bikes sales have soared by 70 percent or more each month since the pandemic began"
"Before venturing out onto roads or paths on an e-bike, “familiarize yourself with the bike,” he says. “Wear a helmet. Follow traffic rules. Don’t drink and ride.”

“You’ll just feel as if you have superhero legs” on the amplified, electric versions "

^^
that's me - ebike gives you super legs :)

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, Here it is. Took a couple hours to assemble. The battery is on the charger, so I rode it around the block unpowered. I don't want to do that too often. It winded me!
IMG_20200827_120823_2.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice bike, Jim! Looking forward to hearing your full review after you put some miles on it. I saw some full-sized Rad bikes on the trails today, and they were really moving!

I'm either noticing eBikes because I'm paying more attention, or they really have become more popular. We had "regular" bikers stop us on the trail today to ask how we like our bikes. They told us they ordered two of them last night. That's seven people we've talked to around here that have ordered eBikes in the last week!

And what does your wife think of your bike? Will it work for her?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice bike, Jim! Looking forward to hearing your full review after you put some miles on it. I saw some full-sized Rad bikes on the trails today, and they were really moving!

I'm either noticing eBikes because I'm paying more attention, or they really have become more popular. We had "regular" bikers stop us on the trail today to ask how we like our bikes. They told us they ordered two of them last night. That's seven people we've talked to around here that have ordered eBikes in the last week!

And what does you wife think of your bike? Will it work for her?
Thanks. Not knowing how serious it is, but the manual says to charge the battery for 12 hours before use, It also says the thing is shipped with half to 75% charge and one can ride immediately. Who knows? That's why I took a non-powered ride to 'fit' it to me, and it worked my butt off. I'm out of practice in bike riding, so I will ease into this. Wouldn't want to pull a 'Simon Cowell' the first time out! Definitely been taking his advice and reading the manual.

Looking forward to hitting the trails hereabouts and see what the 'take' is on ebikes among the pedestrian users.

I'm a little iffy on Paula using this. I assembled it in the garage and parked it within a couple of feet of her car. When she parked her car in the garage and came in, she asked me where it was, so don't look for a lot of enthusiasm here.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welp. I rode the RadRunner today. Nothing serious, power level 1, no pedaling, just on the twist throttle. I rode it 6 or 7 miles around town on city streets/alleys- tried a sidewalk, but I'm pretty wobbly yet. It will come. This thing is a BLAST! It shoots willingly to 18 mph, which to the unused to it, feels like FLYING! This bike has no suspension and the tires inflated to the recommended 30 psi are pretty hard. I'm glad I had 'borrowed' the gel seat cover from my pedal bike. Tomorrow I'll get a mirror before venturing into traffic.

Jim

Brett

Reaction score
Welp. I rode the RadRunner today. Nothing serious, power level 1, no pedaling, just on the twist throttle. I rode it 6 or 7 miles around town on city streets/alleys- tried a sidewalk, but I'm pretty wobbly yet. It will come. This thing is a BLAST! It shoots willingly to 18 mph, which to the unused to it, feels like FLYING! This bike has no suspension and the tires inflated to the recommended 30 psi are pretty hard. I'm glad I had 'borrowed' the gel seat cover from my pedal bike. Tomorrow I'll get a mirror before venturing into traffic.

Jim

I realized riding the ocean boardwalk bike lanes I needed a mirror and ringer

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Glad things are working out. I really want to find a good one I can use. From all I'm seeing, a trike is the way for me to go. So many choices!

I'm still in the process of trying to return the ones I bought. Getting pushback from the Amazon third-party seller. Their email wording is kind enough, but they're not (yet) willing to accept the return. I've gotten Amazon's Customer Service involved, so it's all above board, but it's frustrating. How could I have known before the purchase that this specific physical design would not work for me? You're right - I couldn't. :shrug:

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad things are working out. I really want to find a good one I can use. From all I'm seeing, a trike is the way for me to go. So many choices!

I'm still in the process of trying to return the ones I bought. Getting pushback from the Amazon third-party seller. Their email wording is kind enough, but they're not (yet) willing to accept the return. I've gotten Amazon's Customer Service involved, so it's all above board, but it's frustrating. How could I have known before the purchase that this specific physical design would not work for me? You're right - I couldn't. :shrug:
That's kind of a bum deal. I've had good luck with Amazon when their Cust. Svc gets involved tho. You might want to sell them locally. I went to my friendly neighborhood bike shop today to get a mirror. The place was virtually empty. A couple of EXPENSIVE mountain bikes and 3 cruiser type electrics. NONE were under $3,000. I chatted up the shop owner, mentioning that sales were good. He said he'd been sold out for 2 months. I said we had a couple on Craigslist and he said he thought they'd sell quickly. Paula only had the ad up for a day. They're listed for more than we bought them for, but less than the same bikes sell for new. She got one response with a question. They're at the second place, so we're not there to really push the sale. We don't really want to drive a couple hours just to show them.

Anyway, Good luck with the returns. I read a good review on a Pedego trike. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3CDC1B1EC09B42D2886A3CD&view=detail&FORM=VIRE Is Jeff leaning toward a trike too, or is he keeping what he has?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That's kind of a bum deal. I've had good luck with Amazon when their Cust. Svc gets involved tho. You might want to sell them locally. I went to my friendly neighborhood bike shop today to get a mirror. The place was virtually empty. A couple of EXPENSIVE mountain bikes and 3 cruiser type electrics. NONE were under $3,000. I chatted up the shop owner, mentioning that sales were good. He said he'd been sold out for 2 months. I said we had a couple on Craigslist and he said he thought they'd sell quickly. Paula only had the ad up for a day. They're listed for more than we bought them for, but less than the same bikes sell for new. She got one response with a question. They're at the second place, so we're not there to really push the sale. We don't really want to drive a couple hours just to show them.

Anyway, Good luck with the returns. I read a good review on a Pedego trike. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3CDC1B1EC09B42D2886A3CD&view=detail&FORM=VIRE Is Jeff leaning toward a trike too, or is he keeping what he has?

We'll sort it out. If the Seller won't take them back, I'll try to sell them locally. And if that doesn't work, I have a brother in San Diego who could probably sell them there. He might even want to keep them for he and his wife. We'll see what develops.

I saw two Pedego two-wheelers a few days ago. Really nice design. The people riding them said they were great, and they were very happy. They bought them at a retail shop in Utah for about $4K each. (Yikes! Way above my price point.) I'm still trying to justify spending $2K for the trike I have my eye on.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that when Covid gets controlled (whenever that happens!?!?) The pent-up demand for bikes will go the way of empty toilet paper shelves. Like it or not, you desert dweller, Winter is coming. Competition will determine prices more than product shortages does now. Patience is a virtue. :)

Brett

Reaction score
I suspect that when Covid gets controlled (whenever that happens!?!?) The pent-up demand for bikes will go the way of empty toilet paper shelves. Like it or not, you desert dweller, Winter is coming. Competition will determine prices more than product shortages does now. Patience is a virtue. :)

sure, supply will meet demand
we'll be using our bikes far into the fall. I may even take the ebike to Florida this winter

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We bought our eBikes in the summer of 2019. It was not a Covid purchase for us.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I finally got the Seller to step up, and I shipped the bikes back today. Promise of a full refund on receipt. Now we wait. :thumbup:

Dave