• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Exit Services

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
I was recently contacted by a company called Interval Exit Services (https://www.iexitservices.com/) about them being able to help me get out of my Sheraton Flex timeshare that I no longer want. Here is some more information that I could find on them, which seemed to match everything the lady on the phone said.

"Headquarters: 3802 Ehrlich Rd STE 306, Tampa, FL 33624-2355

BBB File Opened: 6/6/2019
Years in Business: 2
Business Started: 10/1/2017
Business Started Locally: 6/17/2019
Business Incorporated: 5/29/2019 in NC, USA
Type of Entity: Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Contact Information
Principal: Mr. Benjamin D Whited, Owner
Additional Contact Information
Phone Numbers: (585) 451-9828"

I am going to entertain them and speak with them tomorrow when they call back, I will be speaking with Ben, the owner and his assistant Sarah.

Does any one have any information or know anything about this company? Or have experience with them? Are they legit? a scam like the others?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
These companies are ALWAYS scams - break off contact with them or you will be seen as an easy mark and get lots more calls from scammers when they share your info with other scammers.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are trying to unload Sheraton Flex that is in your profile. While it has no value, you can usually give it away for free in the Bargain Deals forum here on TUG. Why pay an exit company for something you can do yourself for free.

However, if you have a mortgage on that Flex package. That is a different story.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Just the fact that they haven't been in business long is a red flag. Often these scammers set up shop, pocket people's money with promises they don’t keep, and then shutter when the complaints start piling in. Rinse, repeat.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just the fact that they haven't been in business long is a red flag. Often these scammers set up shop, pocket people's money with promises they don’t keep, and then shutter when the complaints start piling in. Rinse, repeat.
They have 40 years of combined experience in the industry!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Oh, and from the website FAQs:

Is IES buying or selling our timeshare product?
No, IES does not buy or sell timeshare. There is virtually zero resale value on these products. If you choose to own a timeshare, it can be purchased for as little as $1 online.
How long does this process take?
Every case is different. It could take 3 months, it could take 3 years. It depends on the number of purchases, desired resolution, and number of different states you have purchased, as well as several other factors.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
Okay, thank you all for the information, yes I do still owe... a lot. I do not want it, will not use it, and cannot afford it, but from the sound of it, I am stuck with it, until I pay it off in 9 years from now, damn. Thank you all for the information, I won't be contacting this company back

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
I spoke with Benjamin Whited from this company again, and the more I speak to him the more they do seem to want to legitimately get me out of my timeshare contract with Marriott. I'm just a bit nervous, based on how I keep hearing that these companies are all scams and it is not possible to get out of the timeshare without paying off the loan first. I spoke with Marriott direct sales today and they provided me with absolutely no help whatsoever, as expected - which is what has led me back to speaking to this company.

They are willing to let me do a small down payment with monthly payments thereafter, with a supposed %100 money back guarantee. I asked for an Escrow between us, but that was declined due to the small amount that their service is, due to the small size of my Marriott contract. Has anyone ever talked to them before (they were based in Charlotte, NC, now they are in Tampa, FL) or worked with them? If you are under contract to not say anything, you can PM me to keep it private.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm just a bit nervous, based on how I keep hearing that these companies are all scams and it is not possible to get out of the timeshare without paying off the loan first.

IMO you should be more than "just a bit nervous".

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I spoke with Benjamin Whited from this company again, and the more I speak to him the more they do seem to want to legitimately get me out of my timeshare contract with Marriott. I'm just a bit nervous, based on how I keep hearing that these companies are all scams and it is not possible to get out of the timeshare without paying off the loan first. I spoke with Marriott direct sales today and they provided me with absolutely no help whatsoever, as expected - which is what has led me back to speaking to this company.

They are willing to let me do a small down payment with monthly payments thereafter, with a supposed %100 money back guarantee. I asked for an Escrow between us, but that was declined due to the small amount that their service is, due to the small size of my Marriott contract. Has anyone ever talked to them before (they were based in Charlotte, NC, now they are in Tampa, FL) or worked with them? If you are under contract to not say anything, you can PM me to keep it private.
They will always sound real convincing until they have your money and their money back guaranty won't be worth the paper it is written on. If you do pay them any money, don't come back and say we didn't warn you.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
IMO you should be more than "just a bit nervous".
Gotcha

They will always sound real convincing until they have your money and their money back guaranty won't be worth the paper it is written on. If you do pay them any money, don't come back and say we didn't warn you.
Okay, after reading the article on the forum's main homepage regarding these companies, enough posts all over the forums (the guy on the phone even brought up Wesley Financial getting shut down and told me to look that up - which I did on here and saw all of the posts with "They got what was coming to them" and "scammers getting scammed") it's sunk in. Also, I can post up a copy of the "agreement" they sent me - the wording in it is actually sketchy in and of itself, even when Benjamin told me it wouldn't be, but I said I won't sign anything until I see an agreement in writing that I agree too, not just one that benefits his company. Which is exactly what they sent me.

I'm not going to talk to them further, I'll just shift my budget around and have to pay off Marriott as quickly as I can to avoid as much interest as possible and pay it off to deed it back as soon as possible to avoid future maintenance fees. Now, what to do with my 91,000 options that I have for 2020 that I didn't touch... I guess I should just deposit them into Interval, or convert them to Marriott Bonvoy points as I have no trips planned for next year. Can we convert our points to Bonvoy points ourselves online? Or only through owner services?

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
In case anyone was wondering what one of these scam contracts looks like - here's a an example. If you see one of these, run for the hills even if it sounds convincing I'm just glad I'm taking your guys' advice before I lose any more of my hard earned money. Also, the owner touted how he was a single digit millionaire with his 700k home in FL and Mercedes S63 AMG and how my puny little amount of money didn't matter to him. And he still wouldn't do anything to protect me when I asked for something as simple as put the money in an escrow account so we're both protected. I looked the company up, they have 4 different addresses 2 in Charlotte, NC and 2 in FL (one Tampa other is Orlando) the owner did say they were from Charlotte, NC originally, so that lined up, but both LLC's show as active online - also they're LLC's which means they can close up shop tomorrow and re-open on Friday under a new company name and you can't go after anyone because they don't exist anymore.

Monthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-1.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-2.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-3.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-4.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-4.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-5.jpgMonthly-Service Agreement-Interval Exit Services-6.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In case anyone was wondering what one of these scam contracts looks like - here's a an example. If you see one of these, run for the hills even if it sounds convincing I'm just glad I'm taking your guys' advice before I lose any more of my hard earned money. Also, the owner touted how he was a single digit millionaire with his 700k home in FL and Mercedes S63 AMG and how my puny little amount of money didn't matter to him. And he still wouldn't do anything to protect me when I asked for something as simple as put the money in an escrow account so we're both protected. I looked the company up, they have 4 different addresses 2 in Charlotte, NC and 2 in FL (one Tampa other is Orlando) the owner did say they were from Charlotte, NC originally, so that lined up, but both LLC's show as active online - also they're LLC's which means they can close up shop tomorrow and re-open on Friday under a new company name and you can't go after anyone because they don't exist anymore.

View attachment 27506View attachment 27507View attachment 27508View attachment 27509View attachment 27509View attachment 27510View attachment 27511
I also noticed that their Florida LLC was just filed a few days ago.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Gotcha

Okay, after reading the article on the forum's main homepage regarding these companies, enough posts all over the forums (the guy on the phone even brought up Wesley Financial getting shut down and told me to look that up - which I did on here and saw all of the posts with "They got what was coming to them" and "scammers getting scammed") it's sunk in. Also, I can post up a copy of the "agreement" they sent me - the wording in it is actually sketchy in and of itself, even when Benjamin told me it wouldn't be, but I said I won't sign anything until I see an agreement in writing that I agree too, not just one that benefits his company. Which is exactly what they sent me.

I'm not going to talk to them further, I'll just shift my budget around and have to pay off Marriott as quickly as I can to avoid as much interest as possible and pay it off to deed it back as soon as possible to avoid future maintenance fees. Now, what to do with my 91,000 options that I have for 2020 that I didn't touch... I guess I should just deposit them into Interval, or convert them to Marriott Bonvoy points as I have no trips planned for next year. Can we convert our points to Bonvoy points ourselves online? Or only through owner services?
You may be too late to convert to Bonvoy points. Often that has to be done prior to the start of your use year. I don't know when that was for your Flex Home Options. Depositing into Interval may be the best option at this point.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
You may be too late to convert to Bonvoy points. Often that has to be done prior to the start of your use year. I don't know when that was for your Flex Home Options. Depositing into Interval may be the best option at this point.
Yeah, I do recall the owner services mentioning something about March 31st being the cut off for the conversion - which I think is ridiculous that I have to know my plans for the entire year by March 31st :rolleyes:. Banking to Interval it is! That isn't something we can do ourselves online either is it? Ugh, I hate having to call in and sit on hold

Interesting, considering they said they've been doing it for over 2 years, and been in Florida just just about 1 year now. They also mentioned how most of the other timeshare exit companies are scam's, and the ones that aren't "allow their customers to post reviews online, which gets them in trouble" then once that happens "the timeshare companies sue the exit companies out of existence" in the owner's words. That was their reasoning for no reviews or information being online about them. He even said there were 2 or 3 BBB reviews and he wants them taken down "so badly" and he was not happy with his assistant at the time who approved them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, I do recall the owner services mentioning something about March 31st being the cut off for the conversion - which I think is ridiculous that I have to know my plans for the entire year by March 31st :rolleyes:. Banking to Interval it is! That isn't something we can do ourselves online either is it? Ugh, I hate having to call in and sit on hold

Interesting, considering they said they've been doing it for over 2 years, and been in Florida just just about 1 year now. They also mentioned how most of the other timeshare exit companies are scam's, and the ones that aren't "allow their customers to post reviews online, which gets them in trouble" then once that happens "the timeshare companies sue the exit companies out of existence" in the owner's words. That was their reasoning for no reviews or information being online about them. He even said there were 2 or 3 BBB reviews and he wants them taken down "so badly" and he was not happy with his assistant at the time who approved them.
THe two BBB reviews I saw show responses to them by Benjamin.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
Good eye and it's interesting and Benjamin was willing to read me one of the "successful timeshare exits that he provided one of his customers within the last 30 days" and that matches exactly with one of the reviews, which was not posted within the last 30 days. Also, him telling me how he hated having those reviews, then goes on and thanks them for writing them? Tooottaalllyyy trustworthy :LOL:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Good eye and it's interesting and Benjamin was willing to read me one of the "successful timeshare exits that he provided one of his customers within the last 30 days" and that matches exactly with one of the reviews, which was not posted within the last 30 days. Also, him telling me how he hated having those reviews, then goes on and thanks them for writing them? Tooottaalllyyy trustworthy :LOL:

In all likelihood not only did Benjamin respond to the reviews but Benjamin probably wrote the reviews!

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
In all likelihood not only did Benjamin respond to the reviews but Benjamin probably wrote the reviews!
haha probably!

I banked my points for 2020 with Interval, and got my new Interval member ID all set up (thankfully I got a new one too, as my ex was linked as an owner on my old one :O). Now to decide if I should convert 2021 StarOptions to Bonvoy points or not.... What do you all find is the best way to utilize your StarOptions if not going to a home resort? Bonvoy for flights/car rentals/etc.? or Interval seems to be best bet?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
haha probably!

I banked my points for 2020 with Interval, and got my new Interval member ID all set up (thankfully I got a new one too, as my ex was linked as an owner on my old one :O). Now to decide if I should convert 2021 StarOptions to Bonvoy points or not.... What do you all find is the best way to utilize your StarOptions if not going to a home resort? Bonvoy for flights/car rentals/etc.? or Interval seems to be best bet?
StarOptions are best used to go to other in network Vistana properties. Generally Bonvoy, flights, car rentals and such are a very poor use of Options. Interval is okay in a pinch, but your best option is to use them at Vistana properties where you will get the best value.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
StarOptions are best used to go to other in network Vistana properties. Generally Bonvoy, flights, car rentals and such are a very poor use of Options. Interval is okay in a pinch, but your best option is to use them at Vistana properties where you will get the best value.
Okay, thank you, I am most likely not going to be able to use them in 2021 at a Vistana property, but to still make use of the options, I'm trying to figure out my best course of action. I wish Vistana allowed me to use them on flights/car rentals, other things aside from just the 13 or so properties

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, thank you, I am most likely not going to be able to use them in 2021 at a Vistana property, but to still make use of the options, I'm trying to figure out my best course of action. I wish Vistana allowed me to use them on flights/car rentals, other things aside from just the 13 or so properties
At 8 months out you can use them at about 20 properties since they become StarOptions. You might be able to use them for cruises, but still a poor value. The problem with travel options outside of using them at Vistana resorts is that Vistana has to monetize your Options in order to give you something else that they had to go out and pay money for. That is literally how other vacation clubs manage trading for cruises, hotels, flights and car rentals. They take you points, use their cash to buy your car rental and then try to rent out inventory from your points to replace their cash. They are taking on all the risk here, thus why there is such a poor return for you.

If you anticipate using flights and car rentals in the future, why wouldn't you anticipate using Vistana properties as well? Your flights have to be going somewhere.

diablo2424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Sheraton Flex
Because as of now the plan is to go somewhere that Vistana doesn't have any properties, Interval does, and Marriott has hotels, but Vistana does not :(. So if the points could at least help out for flights or car rental - I could use them still some how/some way to benefit my trip