• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please, can we just keep this a European travel thread ?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Perfect time to go. If I wasn't already booked up for Mallorca and Barcelona I'd be off. One of my favourite cities in the world and even better without the crowds.

Reactions: mav

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are supposed to head to Venice mid Sept to mid Oct. Hope the borders open by then.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We are supposed to head to Venice mid Sept to mid Oct. Hope the borders open by then.

Extremely unlikely that Americans will be allowed much of anywhere outside the US anytime soon.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its changing every day . Spain just had a surge in numbers so who knows at this point. With regard to USA, people need to wear masks and social distance to bring numbers down. It's far from over. I hope your plans will happen. I've rescheduled a Valtics trip now for the 3rd time. My USA trip is a BIG question mark for mid Sept. If it continues like this that too will have to be postponed.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, no one wants us:cry: I can't blame them. I wouldn't either. Actually, I have a laundry list of states in the USA I wouldn't go to if they paid my way, and that includes airfare, 5 star lodging, and all meals.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score

Very interesting... many countries have not listed ban on American travelers.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of Europe has.
I'm not aware of countries lifting ban on American travelers to Europe without any quarantine . Here in Portugal it is essential travel only. Many countries do not have air bridges. Can you elaborate on your information about the ban being lifted from European countries and which ones are allowing free travel without quarantine to Americans? Thanks . I'm thinking the typo listed rather than lifted might be the culprit here !!!

I know my September flights to USA have been canceled from Ireland until Sept 21st.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Apologies, my comment wasn't written particularly well. What I was attempting to convey was that most European countries still maintain a ban on American travellers entering Europe. Therefore the lowering of the travel advisories has little impact where travel to Europe is concerned.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies, my comment wasn't written particularly well. What I was attempting to convey was that most European countries still maintain a ban on American travellers entering Europe. Therefore the lowering of the travel advisories has little impact where travel to Europe is concerned.
Exactly !!! ..that's what I thought as well. I thought I missed something..lololo.... have a great day!!!

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score

Now if only they would let American tourists in, I would GLADLY get a test.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi nerodog, when they finally let us in I will be there butt over shoulders ;). I might even just on my broom and not even wait for a plane

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi nerodog, when they finally let us in I will be there butt over shoulders ;). I might even just on my broom and not even wait for a plane
Too funny... and I'm trying to make a visit stateside.... same problem right now !!! Spent most of the weekend redoing my trip and postponing and crossing my fingers for February!!!

Reactions: mav

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too funny... and I'm trying to make a visit stateside.... same problem right now !!! Spent most of the weekend redoing my trip and postponing and crossing my fingers for February!!!

Good luck, there are a lot of last minute cancellations coming in for nice places. I have a grocery list of states I won't go to , but am very happy with the states and areas we are getting. Just be sure to read any restrictions in a state before you head there, mainly needing a covid test ahead of time. We need to retake it again for the state we are leaving for Friday, it's 72 hours ahead of time, so tomorrow we retake it. Needed it in July for a trip, same thing.
I sure hope your February trip happens!! I truly understand the frustration.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Air bridges to Ireland are very limited at present unless a 14 day quarantine.

Haven't had enough Portuguese coffee yet this morning....I thought I real ALL bridges to Ireland are very limited. For sure I'd undergo quarantine just to get to Ireland via a bridge from the US!!

Reminds me of that old joke: A man unleashes a genie from a bottle. His wish is for a bridge from California to Hawaii. The genie replies that's not possible, please make another request. So the man asks for the wisdom to understand his wife. Genie replies: So do you want that bridge two lanes or four?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
L
Haven't had enough Portuguese coffee yet this morning....I thought I real ALL bridges to Ireland are very limited. For sure I'd undergo quarantine just to get to Ireland via a bridge from the US!!

Reminds me of that old joke: A man unleashes a genie from a bottle. His wish is for a bridge from California to Hawaii. The genie replies that's not possible, please make another request. So the man asks for the wisdom to understand his wife. Genie replies: So do you want that bridge two lanes or four?
Lololo... you are right...Ireland is only allowing certain countries that meet criteria which can change rapidly!!! My issue is I'm only visiting for 2 weeks so makes no sense for my situation!!!!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
M
Good luck, there are a lot of last minute cancellations coming in for nice places. I have a grocery list of states I won't go to , but am very happy with the states and areas we are getting. Just be sure to read any restrictions in a state before you head there, mainly needing a covid test ahead of time. We need to retake it again for the state we are leaving for Friday, it's 72 hours ahead of time, so tomorrow we retake it. Needed it in July for a trip, same thing.
I sure hope your February trip happens!! I truly understand the frustration.
Me too... staying put for now... too uncertain and complicated on this end .