• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt exercised ROFR

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We absolutely love our Hyatt. It is the best value wise in my opinion. My kids and our guests love it too.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found a Hyatt ts online. Owner wants $1,000 plus all costs associated with sale. We submitted with LT Transfers and now Hyatt has answered saying they will purchase at the existing offer. Is there ANYTHING I can do?
Next time, be sure to include all fees in the contract as part of the purchase price and that seller is responsible for closing costs.

So instead of purchase price being $1k, you load the $1k purchase price + $650 transfer fee + $250 deed transfer/recording + $100 escrow (if any) + mf reimbursement (if any) all in the sale price. Then state that seller will pay all costs. This simple way of restating the transaction has several benefits.

Win-win for both...
Seller gets quicker transfer (generally, hyatt takes longer if they ROFR), plus sometimes they end up handling the closing themselves and seller will receive residual fees back from closing company (generally less ROFR processing fee).

Buyer has a better chance of passing ROFR.

-ryan

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Here is your Freebie... 1880 points

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is your Freebie... 1880 points

“Free” does not make it a good deal. Between owners not being able to use it for years and the already high maintenance fee that took a staggering jump at the end of 2019, I would have trouble taking a diamond unit for free. All that being said, it should be a like new property (whenever they finish) in a beautiful location.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Hi Does Hyatt residence club have resale restrictions? Can you book on all resorts with the hyatt points if you buy resale? And the MF is paid yearly for EOY? Thanks

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hi Does Hyatt residence club have resale restrictions? Can you book on all resorts with the hyatt points if you buy resale? And the MF is paid yearly for EOY? Thanks
The only restriction is that you can't use points for hotel stays but that is a very poor use of points and there are many other ways to accumulate Hyatt hotel points

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Anyone here win this Auction? This price included closing costs and fees

1597075621473.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am currently under contract and waiting on Hyatt's decision on a 2 bed / 2 bath. 2200 point Diamond week 30 at Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio, TX for $4800 plus closing costs.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently under contract and waiting on Hyatt's decision on a 2 bed / 2 bath. 2200 point Diamond week 30 at Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio, TX for $4800 plus closing costs.
I’d give that really good odds of passing (not necessarily because of the price but because they already have so much inventory at wild oak ranch). That is a great price. Good luck!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Congrats, awesome price for a diamond week, I think you have a great chance of it passing ROFR

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RedWeek has another Diamond week at a good price. I sent an email asking about closing costs but never did get a response.

1597428492785.png

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with others that this has a good chance of passing. I don't think Wild Oak is in highest demand for Hyatt, and I believe they are being conservative on what is being purchased during the pandemic. Nice deal -- i also had 2 resales pass ROFR at PP during the last couple of months.

-ryan

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Did you get it?

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you get it?
I'm using Fidelity Real Estate and they said "We are waiting on the seller to supply some information on her ownership to prepare the new deed. We should have that resolved within the next few days. I will update you as we have that in place " this was on September 14 and I have not heard back since then. :rolleyes:

cfabar1

Reaction score
I’m looking for a Diamond or Platinum week in Florida. If anyone here’s of anything good, please PM me.

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m looking for a Diamond or Platinum week in Florida. If anyone here’s of anything good, please PM me.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Next time, be sure to include all fees in the contract as part of the purchase price and that seller is responsible for closing costs.

So instead of purchase price being $1k, you load the $1k purchase price + $650 transfer fee + $250 deed transfer/recording + $100 escrow (if any) + mf reimbursement (if any) all in the sale price. Then state that seller will pay all costs. This simple way of restating the transaction has several benefits.

Win-win for both...
Seller gets quicker transfer (generally, hyatt takes longer if they ROFR), plus sometimes they end up handling the closing themselves and seller will receive residual fees back from closing company (generally less ROFR processing fee).

Buyer has a better chance of passing ROFR.

-ryan
Ryan, I understand what you were trying to say, but you said "Then state that SELLER will pay all costs. " I think what you meant to say is the BUYER will pay all costs. That way, if Hyatt steps in as the "buyer" their cost would be higher and they would be less interested. Let me know if I have this upside down.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ryan, I understand what you were trying to say, but you said "Then state that SELLER will pay all costs. " I think what you meant to say is the BUYER will pay all costs. That way, if Hyatt steps in as the "buyer" their cost would be higher and they would be less interested. Let me know if I have this upside down.
You are correct.

cfabar1

Reaction score
The idea is brilliant.... I plan on making some offers soon and am going to try it. I think he has a solid point.