• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The best BBQ joints in the United States

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Franklin's while good, the lines (pre covid) were too long.

The original Salt Lick is among my favorites. Original is in Dripping Springs TX.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Cooter browns rib shack Jacksonville Alabama

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Brett’s bbq in San Diego.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brett’s bbq in San Diego.
Sadly, they're no longer in business. While they were good, Kaminsky's in Poway was/is far better. Even better yet (actually, fantastic): Smokin' J's in Poway, and Grande Ole BBQ in San Diego.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Richard. I enjoyed the article.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sadly, they're no longer in business. While they were good, Kaminsky's in Poway was/is far better. Even better yet (actually, fantastic): Smokin' J's in Poway, and Grande Ole BBQ in San Diego.
We just tried a Kaminsky's sampler and the brisket was amazing. Glad for the other recommendations. I can't wait to try.

Btw, we had this place cater for our office and it was awesome. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it. https://www.yelp.com/biz/smittys-taste-of-the-bayou-national-city-2

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We just tried a Kaminsky's sampler and the brisket was amazing. Glad for the other recommendations. I can't wait to try.

Btw, we had this place cater for our office and it was awesome. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it. https://www.yelp.com/biz/smittys-taste-of-the-bayou-national-city-2

I knew Brett's Encinitas location had shutdown several years ago. I didn't know he was gone completely because I don't get to the Poway area much. I'm an amateur smoker and he invited me back into the kitchen once and showed my all the briskets getting rubbed and ready for the smoker.

There is a place in Oceanside I want to try. That Boy Good. Great name so it has to be good!

My smoked ribs are as good as anyone's. I never bother with brisket because it just takes too long to do it right and if I'm in the mood, I'd rather just buy some.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best BBQ I've ever had was where a guy had a set up on his front lawn in a minority neighborhood in Little Rock, AR. Obviously it was not a formal restaurant but it was a well known ongoing operation with tables and chairs and an established customer base...

George

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
@buzglyd @klpca Brett's had a location in 4S Ranch (their first one) but they closed it a couple of years before they closed the Encinitas location. I had been to the 4S Ranch one a number of times. Great people and good food.
Brisket is Smokin' J's specialty. It is mouthwatering and I've never had better, by far. DW has also tried their ribs - more flavorful than even Kaminsky's, but not as fall-off-the-bone-ish. I love the variety at K's.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
@buzglyd @klpca Brett's had a location in 4S Ranch (their first one) but they closed it a couple of years before they closed the Encinitas location. I had been to the 4S Ranch one a number of times. Great people and good food.
Brisket is Smokin' J's specialty. It is mouthwatering and I've never had better, by far. DW has also tried their ribs - more flavorful than even Kaminsky's, but not as fall-off-the-bone-ish. I love the variety at K's.

Will have to try them both! Many days I take one of my motorcycles and go on a lunch ride. I mix in some winding scenery with a stop for lunch. I have been riding a lot lately but not stopping as much due to the Wu Flu and my desire to not gain back the weight I've lost.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
The best i've ever had was a little shack in Delray Beach FL called Tom Jrs. And yes, there was a Tom's but it was not as good IMHO. Jr's is long gone but I think Tom's might still be around. Second favorite was Goode Company BBQ in Houston Tx. I think they are still there.
Looks like im going have to check out B Craklins in Savannah when things get back to normal.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
My youngest brother whom passed away 2 years ago made awesome BBQ. He worked for Entenmins/Boboli and when he ran a local store he used to practice by feeding his crew. Spent thousands of dollars doing it.
When my wife,grandaughter, and I were in a highly rated BBQ place (can't recall if it was South/North Caralina I texted him and let him know how much better I felt his BBQ was compared to theirs.
His company sent him on a sales trip to Kansas City and while there had him BBQ for the Chiefs and whomever they were playing at the time. I sure miss him and that great BBQ he made.
Bart

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lutz's in Columbia and Jefferson City, Missouri, and Mighty Quinn's in New York and New Jersey. Also we went to just an ordinary kind of upscale chain-type place in downtown Kansas City, and they had their own smokers out back (downtown!), and the BBQ was amazing. We were amazed that they did the smoking right there, and the waitress was like, "Yes, of course! If we didn't do the smoking right here, no one would eat here!"

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were amazed that they did the smoking right there, and the waitress was like, "Yes, of course! If we didn't do the smoking right here, no one would eat here!"
Of course! If the place doesn't smell like 'Q smoke, how are you going to know it's decent BBQ? Another tip: If they charge by the weight of the meat, rather than a fixed price, you'll know you're getting what you pay for.

Jim

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course! If the place doesn't smell like 'Q smoke, how are you going to know it's decent BBQ? Another tip: If they charge by the weight of the meat, rather than a fixed price, you'll know you're getting what you pay for.

Jim

We're from New York! They don't even boil the bagels in Manhattan! :D

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Franklin's while good, the lines (pre covid) were too long.

The original Salt Lick is among my favorites. Original is in Dripping Springs TX.

Correction Driftwood, Dripping springs is about 15 mins away.

here is the website.... they have been in business for over 50 years already....