• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Join me in my Journey - My Next Chapter

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Silver lining - you get to leave behind anything you don't want and are not
responsible for emptying the house or its final cleaning or attending closing!

Eggsactly... I packed what I wanted into the back of a pick-up and drove off.
My small revenge was to leave my ex with nearly all our old stuff to deal with.

I thought I should add that, I grew more as a person after the divorce than I had
at anytime during our 20-year marriage. IOW, it helped me to become an adult.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wishing you the best of luck and happiness. I am a bit unusual but I have never understood the draw to Florida. I lived there as a child and as an adult. Take your time. Enjoy the challenge.

I am the same. People cannot understand how we retired north - full time- instead of south. Not to mention all the snowbirds in our development.

But this is what makes the world go round. Different strokes for different folks.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Wishing you the best of luck and happiness. I am a bit unusual but I have never understood the draw to Florida. I lived there as a child and as an adult. Take your time. Enjoy the challenge.

...which certainly explains your current location!

And you are wise beyond your years......

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eggsactly... I packed what I wanted into the back of a pick-up and drove off.
My small revenge was to leave my ex with nearly all our old stuff to deal with.

I thought I should add that, I grew more as a person after the divorce than I had
at anytime during our 20-year marriage. IOW, it helped me to become an adult.

There simply has to be country / western song here.....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can do this. The hardest part will be breaking the inertia of inaction. Once you decide it's time to go, make it happen, and don't second-guess yourself. You will breathe more easily each day afterwards.

I wish you all success in finding a place, and creating a new life for yourself. Try to enjoy the process, if you can. It'll make the transition easier.

Good luck!
Dave

Now @DaveNV, are you trying to politely tell @Panina to get off her as......ymptote?

Come on y'all, it's close enough to Friday and we need a reason to smile these days!
Grab a bud and a smile (works best in Colorado)!

geekette

Reaction score

I never lived there and don't understand the appeal. I like oceans but I can't tolerate heat, much less tourists... Plus, gators scare me big time.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, suggestion only , you have a plan, write it down and follow it. Read it daily and follow it to a T.

Take your time in finding the right community. Visit it early in the morning, at noon, in the evening and after dark.

Explore the neighborhood and the area. If you suspect anything wrong or trouble, get out of Dodge as fast as you can.

I just want you to be happy, in a nice community surrounded by nice neighbors.

Peace and Happiness

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I never lived there and don't understand the appeal. I like oceans but I can't tolerate heat, much less tourists... Plus, gators scare me big time.

Maine got no gators......just sayin'!

geekette

Reaction score
Maine got no gators......just sayin'!
Maine and Hawaii are the 2 states I haven't made it to. I am hoping for lobersterfest next summer (I think first week in August?) I can't pencil in anything this year, but I was today reading about too many lobsters, not enough market, and I thought I could do my part to help that situation...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I normaly spend a minimum of 4 months in Florida and 2-3 in NY thus my draw to Florida. I have to pick somewhere so Florida seems like a good fit. I will buy smart and if I am not ultimately happy I can always move again.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now @DaveNV, are you trying to politely tell @Panina to get off her as......ymptote?

Come on y'all, it's close enough to Friday and we need a reason to smile these days!
Grab a bud and a smile (works best in Colorado)!
I am a person of action once I decide something but I am also very logical thus will take extra time to make sure I am going to the right place and buying the right property.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I am a person of action once I decide something but I am also very logical thus will take extra time to make sure I am going to the right place and buying the right property.
You may have already mentioned doing this, but I would suggest renting for awhile in the place where you want to live. Now, as I say this that was our plan when we moved to Santa Fe. However on one of our exploratory trips we found a house we loved and ended up buying it before we moved. We really lucked into it. We love the house and our neighbors. We did none of the things that are suggested to do before buying. We didn't talk to any of the neighbors, we didn't come back at various times of the day to see what the area was like. As I said, we were very lucky.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
This COVID-19 has adversely affected all of my retirement travel plans. I cannot begin to imagine how a divorce would impact your timesharing at this time. Do you both own the timeshares or are they in one name only?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

I Agree. I spent 2 years looking for my retreat place. You know, I was seriously thinking of buying a winter place in the US. I was thinking of either Yuma, AZ., Las Vegas, NV., Waianae HI, Oxnard, CA. Then, Covid hit and I have completely rethought my plans. Being Canadian and having a risk (that frankly I thought would never happen) that I can’t even get there really changed my plans. Now, I would just rent out of Country and stay renting timeshares.

I was really considering Puerto Vallarta, MX. but the border closing issue is the same.

Gee, it’s amazing how plans can completely change with unprecedented circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
@Panina, knowing your many posts, your heart remains in Marco Island, FL and Key West. I can see you there at least 6 months of the year and happy as a clam. Why not look at a cute, little beach shack either on the beach or near it? Then, have a small yard you can care for?

NY is just so expensive. You could timeshare there when you want to go visit.

You remind me of the eccletic sort of person who would love a little, simple shack, cutely decorated with your art treasures with a nice little herb garden surrounded by banana, Palm, mango, citrus trees. Oh, and let’s not forget the little patio to slip your morning coffee, surf the web and enjoying a fresh mango salad.

Oh yes, that would replace any man at anytime....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This COVID-19 has adversely affected all of my retirement travel plans. I cannot begin to imagine how a divorce would impact your timesharing at this time. Do you both own the timeshares or are they in one name only?
All our timeshares are in both our names. We will be deciding soon who gets what, get the ownership changed and the rest will be given away here to my tugger friends.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Panina, knowing your many posts, your heart remains in Marco Island, FL and Key West. I can see you there at least 6 months of the year and happy as a clam. Why not look at a cute, little beach shack either on the beach or near it? Then, have a small yard you can care for?

NY is just so expensive. You could timeshare there when you want to go visit.

You remind me of the eccletic sort of person who would love a little, simple shack, cutely decorated with your art treasures with a nice little herb garden surrounded by banana, Palm, mango, citrus trees. Oh, and let’s not forget the little patio to slip your morning coffee, surf the web and enjoying a fresh mango salad.

Oh yes, that would replace any man at anytime....

Did I meet you before? You seem to know me. Lol

I already own a studio in a borough of NYC in only my name so that is set. Buying in Key West is too expensive and my love would be more Marco Island. East coast of Florida will just be more convenient for my travels. Marco Island will just be 2 1/2 hours away so I will be able to go often taking advantage of last minute sightings.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
All our timeshares are in both our names. We will be deciding soon who gets what, get the ownership changed and the rest will be given away here to my tugger friends.

Why not start fresh? Give your ex all the timeshares and either get some free through Tug or simply hold off and try renting timeshares for awhile.

When I went through my divorce, I literally started fresh. That way, everything was a new memory, new experiences and new life. It worked well for me. No baggage just a new compass to a new life.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
When first husband and I divorced we owned two timeshares, one was owned jointly with my parents. I kept that one, he got the other. We were able to get the ownership changed through quitclaims.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not start fresh? Give your ex all the timeshares and either get some free through Tug or simply hold off and try renting timeshares for awhile.

When I went through my divorce, I literally started fresh. That way, everything was a new memory, new experiences and new life. It worked well for me. No baggage just a new compass to a new life.

Some of our timeshares have good resale value. I can sell them and make money. No way I am giving him any more then me.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Did I meet you before? You seem to know me. Lol

I already own a studio in a borough of NYC in only my name so that is set. Buying in Key West is too expensive and my love would be more Marco Island. East coast of Florida will just be more convenient for my travels. Marco Island will just be 2 1/2 hours away so I will be able to go often taking advantage of last minute sightings.

Awesome. Yes, even being near where you truly want to be is good thinking. That’s why I was thinking Oxnard, CA. It’s because LA and Oceanside is too expensive. My girlfriend has family who own the cutest place in Fort Lauderdale. The house is old and cute as a button. The yard is big and perfect for fruit and veggies. They are a mile from the beach and paid 130 k all in. They are driving distance to South Palm Beach.

Whenever you write, I envision who you are. You are very honest with your views and it’s these views that craft who you are as a person. Being a former teacher and now in law, I learned how to size up people and garner who they essentially are. That skill has served me well on many fronts.

Really, you strike me as a person with a small, older home decorated in your flavour with a small tropical yard and a patio. There are plenty of those in South FL. Awesome you have a studio in NY as the prices there on everything are nuts. That could be your summer home if you want. Now, you just need a small, cute older home in FL that you will lovingly make yours that matches your cool, vibe personality. I really see you being very happy with that decision. Now, just find that perfect place in FL that doesn’t break the bank and you can mould it to be yours. I see you more happy with a small detached home than a condo or townhouse as the yard adds to your pleasures and personality.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Some of our timeshares have good resale value. I can sell them and make money. No way I am giving him any more then me.
In our divorce ex-husband got the timeshare, I got the almost brand new Audi 4000. I thought it was kind of even. But that freakin' car was a piece of ####. I ended up trading it in for a Toyota Celica, which I loved.