• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Vacations

DABMoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a long-time owner in Stormy Pont Village, I was totally unimpressed with the presentation Capital Vacations made to my family in an effort to get us to pony up a few more thousand dollars to convert to/join their points system. And I am very interested in hearing what other owners think about this new group.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am an owner. I hate it. I liked it until May of 2019. At that time Capital, after being acquired by Apollo (parent company of Diamond) completely gutted the program. Made all kinds of changes that they called enhancements but were really a shell of the former benefits. The only program that still can benefit owners is a 50% reduction of points required for interval exchanges within flex period. They only reason that benefit remains is because it was a negotiated benefit with interval. If Capital could cancel it to save a buck or two they certainly would have.

There is no level of ownership that I feel is worth the MF let alone any buy in cost. As soon as I use up as many points as I can this year, I will be initiating a deed back which I will be paying over a thousand to do so just to get the heck out.

Loser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also an owner at Stormy Point but refused to convert. Thanks for your note makes me feel good that I did.

pieslapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too am a no longer happy Capital owner and echo what tschwa2 says. It was great until they did away with the discounts for travel within 60 days. Run away.

Buckeyesalwayswin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our resort in Branson is also in process of being bought out by Capital. We own at the Grand Crowne and have for nearly 20 years. To get a parking pass at the Grand Crowne we had to meet with someone offering to provide updated information on the resort for a gift card. We attended the presentation that was to last only 1 hour that lasted well over three hours. We were offered the opportunity to buy into Capital. We were told that they would take our Grand Crowne deeded timeshare and give us a credit for it upon purchase. We did not take the deal. Seemed too good to be true. Pay about $15k one time and no maintenance fees ever again and get to vacation at nice places in the mean time. Would get about 200,000 points in exchange on a yearly basis. Can use points for airline tickets, cruises, hotel rooms and condo exchanges. We turned it down. Just not buying the no mf and they would take our deed. Capital did provide the gift as promised. Am I understanding this deal correctly? I just can't believe that no MF. I can imagine that they would come back at us requesting additional money to upgrade our membership in the future.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please name the resorts under Capital ownership?
Are Capital resorts in Diamond (DRI)The Club?
Thanks for your assistance.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Apollo bought Capital. They may eventually merge with new purchases but I don't think that has happened yet. They also bought Defender resorts so I think they are trying to get money to convert everyone to Capital and then they can get money converting everyone to Diamond after they are already in Capital.
https://capitalvacations.com/destinations.php

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Apollo bought Capital. They may eventually merge with new purchases but I don't think that has happened yet. They also bought Defender resorts so I think they are trying to get money to convert everyone to Capital and then they can get money converting everyone to Diamond after they are already in Capital.
https://capitalvacations.com/destinations.php
Thanks for information, it was very helpful.