• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breakfast at Lagunamar for Elite Bonvoy Members?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Title says it all...do Bonvoy platinum/titanium members get free breakfast there while on a timeshare (Interval in this case) stay?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you’re staying on a timeshare reservation booked through Vistana then definitely not. Not sure about reservations booked through Marriott directly.

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
Title says it all...do Bonvoy platinum/titanium members get free breakfast there while on a timeshare (Interval in this case) stay?

Hotel loyalty status is not recognized at any of the Vistana properties. I believe this also applies to MVC properties as well.

jnsywg

Reaction score

At WKORV we have for many years when staying as a hotel guest (via SPG.com or Marriott.com) and not as a timeshare owner/renter.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have once at WDW on an II exchange.
I tried to tell the FD that we didn't get it but she insisted. Maybe it was because it was late when we checked in and she seemed new.
Checking in there tomorrow but the restaurant is still closed.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hotel loyalty status is not recognized at any of the Vistana properties. I believe this also applies to MVC properties as well.
Our titanium status was surprisingly recognized at Westin Nanea on a Marriott.com reservation and got free breakfast and upgraded to a 3br OF room for just the 2 of us. We felt guilty and overkill as we were there for just 1 night prior to a one week timeshare stay.
we didn’t ask and were so surprised about the upgrade & free breakfast

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our titanium status was surprisingly recognized at Westin Nanea on a Marriott.com reservation and got free breakfast and upgraded to a 3br OF room for just the 2 of us. We felt guilty and overkill as we were there for just 1 night prior to a one week timeshare stay.
we didn’t ask and were so surprised about the upgrade & free breakfast

Marriott.com reservation? If you paid for the room with some combination of cash, Bonvoy points or Bonvoy free night certificates, you were entitled to Bonvoy Elite perks like upgrades and breakfast, etc.

it's only when the room is booked through a timeshare mechanism (Home Resort, StarOptions, FlexOptions, HomeOptions, through Interval as a trade, etc) that you are not entitled to those perks...

of course, YMMV

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have talked to people around the pool at Lagunamar on Marriott.com reservations, as far as I know breakfast is included if you have the appropriate Bonvoy Elite when paying cash or using Bonvoy points.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott.com reservation? If you paid for the room with some combination of cash, Bonvoy points or Bonvoy free night certificates, you were entitled to Bonvoy Elite perks like upgrades and breakfast, etc.

it's only when the room is booked through a timeshare mechanism (Home Resort, StarOptions, FlexOptions, HomeOptions, through Interval as a trade, etc) that you are not entitled to those perks...

of course, YMMV
Agreed. I was just sharing my experience of getting hotel perks (titanium) at a timeshare (Westin Nanea) when reservation made as a Marriott.com reservation even though at a timeshare vacation resort (Westin Nanea), although didn’t get the same perk at Marriott Maui last year when stayed at MM1 on a Marriott.com reservation. So we don’t ever expect to get hotel status recognized at timeshares, but that’s why so surprised at Nanea. But.....maybe they were out of 1 bedroom Villas and needed to upgrade someone and so our hotel status was tie breaker?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Agreed. I was just sharing my experience of getting hotel perks (titanium) at a timeshare (Westin Nanea) when reservation made as a Marriott.com reservation even though at a timeshare vacation resort (Westin Nanea), although didn’t get the same perk at Marriott Maui last year when stayed at MM1 on a Marriott.com reservation. So we don’t ever expect to get hotel status recognized at timeshares, but that’s why so surprised at Nanea. But.....maybe they were out of 1 bedroom Villas and needed to upgrade someone and so our hotel status was tie breaker?
The breakfast benefit at resort properties is fairly new. In the past, this wasn't usually offered as an Elite benefit at what were considered resorts. They changed this with the new Bonvoy program. Perhaps that isn't why it was offered last year?

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
Here are the terms and conditions. I don’t see anything about breakfast, nice!

iii. Members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana properties: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Gift Shop Discount, Guaranteed Room Type, Marriott Bonvoy Events, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24.

jnsywg

Reaction score
Providing those benefits, including breakfast and upgrades, seems to be at the discretion of the property. In discussing it with management at WKORV over the years they do what they can reasonably do. I can see breakfast disappearing as a cost savings due to the pandemic. BTW, the Nanea breakfast is the full buffet while WKORV is a small number of pre-packaged items at the market plus coffee or tea.

iii. Members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana properties: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Gift Shop Discount, Guaranteed Room Type, Marriott Bonvoy Events, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The Lagunamar breakfast buffet is AWESOME! I wish it was free! Actually, I'm afraid all buffets are going away, including the Mexican Festival and Steak Night. Lagunamar won't be the same for me.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bonvoy Platinum or higher have the option to exchange your once per stay welcome amenity points for daily continental breakfast for two. The actual implementation of this varies drastically between properties.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
OK - so I guess we'll sweet-talk the check-in representative. :cool:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll add to this once we find out first hand 30 days from now, not that I'm counting...