• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moving points to next year

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally I can only move points to the next year in the first 3 months of the current year. I think I read that Wyndham is making an exception this year so that everyone can move points to next year at any time. Is that correct? And if so, can I do that on line, or do I need to call? I just cancelled a week in Alexandria and am hoping to move those points into 2021
Thanks, Deb

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You should be able to do it on line. In fact, Wyndham would prefer you do. Source:

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to do it on line. In fact, Wyndham would prefer you do. Source:

Excellent, thanks!

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question is, your points are safe but for how long?
Will they make an announcement out of the blue that this is discontinued?
How many have bought contracts with current use year available hoping to use point deposit feature?
Will it all be for naught?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Question is, your points are safe but for how long?
Will they make an announcement out of the blue that this is discontinued?
How many have bought contracts with current use year available hoping to use point deposit feature?
Will it all be for naught?

Anything is possible. If they see it will create a financial burden next year, or that there are too many available points to accommodate the available inventory, they may put a stop to it. However, just because someone deposits them in 2021, doesn't mean they will be able to use them all. They know that, and may even be counting on that. I don't think they will change it unless the situation is dire. Right now they are generating a lot of goodwill which will pay off in the long run. If they change their policy, I think they might change it to where you can only deposit points into 2022, if there are too many points being deposited into 2021. They could also change their policy to say that new contracts received would be subject to the normal deadlines. Who knows. It's only speculation. I would give it an 85% chance that things will remain the same, provided there are no additional widespread shutdowns that affect all or most of their resorts.