• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Call from owner care

MAKEITRIGHT

Reaction score
Hello! Did anyone receive calls from owner care that their upcoming guest reservation is going to change? The caller wanted my info and wanted me to state my name for a recording but he wouldn't verify or give me at least 4 digits of my account number or the last 4 digits of the confirmation number. Are they downsizing guest reservations? Does anyone have any feedback? When he didn't verify the info on my account, I didn't state my name. I told him that every company that I dealt with at least provided some info so I can be sure who I am speaking to and that they really work for the company that is calling and that they have access to my account. The caller would not provide anything.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
probably a scam. what number did they call from?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
That is actually their number. I would call it back and find out what's happening. Might have something to do with states requiring 14 day quarantine periods if you are coming from specific states. I think Hawaii, it's still any state.

MAKEITRIGHT

Reaction score
That is actually their number. I would call it back and find out what's happening. Might have something to do with states requiring 14 day quarantine periods if you are coming from specific states. I think Hawaii, it's still any state.

Thank you for the response. I will call them back. It is kind of unprofessional if it is really owner care and they do not verify any info so the owner can feel safe.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you for the response. I will call them back. It is kind of unprofessional if it is really owner care and they do not verify any info so the owner can feel safe.
They cannot provide any account info until they know you are who you say you are. Them telling you what address or member number they have on file is giving out owner information. Always best to call them back on a number you know belongs to them.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Two days ago we received an email and yesterday received an automated phone call from Wyndham’s main number (the same number that called you) telling us that our Paniolo Greens reservation for mid July had to be canceled because the resort is going to be closed at that time. (We had already canceled it.) I knew the call was from Wyndham because I had that number in my contact list and my phone identified it as such. The email and voicemail simply told us that our points, housekeeping fees etc. would be returned to our account.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phone number, including 800 numbers can be digital spoofed. Be careful about proving information. They called a number you have on file so they have no need to verify your info.