• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We’re Ready for Molokai

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Love your dinner video! When we visited Molokai we ate at Hiro's several times and so enjoyed the atmosphere and the music!
This really makes me miss Hawaii! You two are LIVING THE LIFE! :hi:

Yes we are Blessed.

Hiro’s just announced that they will be open everyday again starting July 1st. I wanted to swing around the other way too with the video but we were behind the music and there was a large table of people in the table by the bar so I decided against it.

I have a package to pickup at the Post Office today and we want to go to Kumu Farms. Plus, my wife wants to pickup some things and visit our friends at All Things Molokai.
Then steaks the grill tonight.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Made a haul at Kumu Farms. Finally got some flowers too. Other times we didn’t find them until late in our trip.

Another beautiful day, 88 degrees during the heat of the day.
BE667613-CAF0-405A-90E6-4188DB5CC063.jpeg
216B944E-FDAE-49C5-9AE8-491DF9AFE860.jpeg
CC667F92-81F2-4CCF-83A3-A63CD67468CC.jpeg

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For awhile, I lived in a castle in the Italian Alps. And we would make ourselves stop and be in amazement at sunsets and the view and the clouds, so that we would not take it for granted. That we were unbelievably privileged to be there and to live there. I would go back and live there in a heartbeat; a friend has tried to make it her life's work to get back and live there. ;)

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where in the Italian Alps? We were headed to the Dolomites in May before the virus hit.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife is making some mushrooms and onions and she already made the cucumber salad while I was on the lanai. I’ll be headed down to grill some steaks in a minute.

it was 88 today and. Wet warm in the sun but in the shade on the lanai and with the constant trade winds the temps couldn’t be better.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
@slip, do you still rent out your condo when you don’t plan to be there? Or are there other condos for rent in the same complex? I would love to spend time on Molokai!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are three of us packing. And I find that terms like Pottery means different things to different people. It’ll be fine, because it’ll be interesting to have”nothing” to do. :D

Dave
I'm wondering about the third person. So, sister is moving with you?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip, do you still rent out your condo when you don’t plan to be there? Or are there other condos for rent in the same complex? I would love to spend time on Molokai!

I will PM you on that, but yes there are other rentals at WaveCrest. The units above, below and next to us all rent there units. Molokai Shores also has rentals. They are smaller condos and they are right on the ocean also. The best part about Molokai Shores is that it is only 1 mile from Kaunakakai and right in the middle of the island.

After that there is a timeshare, Ke Nani Kai, and some Other rentals on the west side. The west side is much further to town but It is beautiful out there with more beaches.

I’ll be posting some pictures of those later.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm wondering about the third person. So, sister is moving with you?
Since Dave isn't posting right now (still busy moving I think) I'll answer. No, his sister isn't moving in with them. She was just visiting. I think she is going to go live with her son.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On our way back from Kumu Farms yesterday we took a ride out to the wharf. There were quit a few larger waves out there.
B582E548-AF48-4559-A846-8E3C7A2F9B0B.jpeg
975028FD-2107-465A-9E50-39D5FD8E5FB3.jpeg
B2AA8866-E425-4D5A-BD50-593E7D90B434.jpeg
36498DB2-3B97-4BAD-8080-396822A572E4.jpeg
595FD52D-DA89-4BC1-9B85-D766F58B882B.jpeg
7F9FBBCC-ED3D-4F27-A56E-4712EE078A1E.jpeg
41FCB2FE-758E-4F7F-B0F6-7E6CFA05C825.jpeg
D52C6696-E548-41DC-A68C-0D20E86A5A42.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Took a few pictures from the BBQ area yesterday while I was grilling steaks.

32185DAF-19AA-46F8-8B98-2CDB4B14CD7E.jpeg
FD25C166-2F54-48B2-9A8D-346A72FCB6FD.jpeg
77AADE55-CEFF-4BE0-912B-4768E65B1346.jpeg
2FB9EE59-68EE-42F0-9725-8252D8E8BC8B.jpeg
6CA5C887-85B7-40B5-91E7-CDAE520FFB0A.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just saw on Hawaii News Now that Ruth’s Chris is closing it’s Lahaina location for good.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just saw on Hawaii News Now that Ruth’s Chris is closing it’s Lahaina location for good.
We've had some good meals at Ruths' Chris steakhouses in California. I do think it's pricey, but I guess all good steakhouses are. We've never been to an on Hawaii though. I'd rather go to a more independent restaurant. I wonder if the one in Wailea is going to remain open. Or I guess I should say are they going to reopen as they are temporarily closed right now.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've had some good meals at Ruths' Chris steakhouses in California. I do think it's pricey, but I guess all good steakhouses are. We've never been to an on Hawaii though. I'd rather go to a more independent restaurant. I wonder if the one in Wailea is going to remain open. Or I guess I should say are they going to reopen as they are temporarily closed right now.

I have checked the prices and they are in line with high end places. We have never been to a Ruth’s Chris before. We are going to go to the one in Honolulu at the end of August when we are staying at the Imperial.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I have checked the prices and they are in line with high end places. We have never been to a Ruth’s Chris before. We are going to go to the one in Honolulu at the end of August when we are staying at the Imperial.
When you go get the sweet potato cassarole side dish. It is delicious! We found a copy cat recipe and have made it a few times for Thanksgiving. It's my younger dd's favorite. One thing I liked about Ruths' Chris is that you can get a couple of side dishes to share. And the steaks are very good.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you go get the sweet potato cassarole side dish. It is delicious! We found a copy cat recipe and have made it a few times for Thanksgiving. It's my younger dd's favorite. One thing I liked about Ruths' Chris is that you can get a couple of side dishes to share. And the steaks are very good.

Thanks for the tip. I was going to go when I just arrived in Honolulu while I was looking for our apartment. I went there at 5:30pm and they said the earliest they could get me in was 9:30pm. We’ll definitely make a reservation. :D

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thanks for the tip. I was going to go when I just arrived in Honolulu while I was looking for our apartment. I went there at 5:30pm and they said the earliest they could get me in was 9:30pm. We’ll definitely make a reservation. :D
Do you use Open Table for restaurant reservations?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes, well I mean my wife does. :D
We had enough points to get $100 off our dinner at Gannon's when we were on Maui in March. Good thing we used it since we haven't been going out at all since we got home. :D It's a great way to make reservations, we've even done it minutes ahead of when we've gone to a restaurant. They also have reviews, which dh trusts more than other sites. And it's an easy way to earn points.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had enough points to get $100 off our dinner at Gannon's when we were on Maui in March. Good thing we used it since we haven't been going out at all since we got home. :D It's a great way to make reservations, we've even done it minutes ahead of when we've gone to a restaurant. They also have reviews, which dh trusts more than other sites. And it's an easy way to earn points.

My wife has used it but we always lived in a small town and it wasn’t necessary but we have used it on all the islands for a few years now.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I took this one with my phone. I was carrying my steaks so I didn’t want to bring the camcorder . :D
So this is the BBQ’s, Pool and Cabana area.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

That doesn't surprise me. When we've been in the area during dinner time there was never more than a few tables occupied. Also, Ruth's Chris is something many mainland visitors can enjoy at home. When I'm in Maui I try to visit the local restaurants that are not available to me back home.