• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancellation of Exchange for September 2020

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
I am sorry if I posted in wrong group.

We have 2 weeks exchange to Hawaii for September 12, 2020 confirmed last year. What happens if I cancel it? What will be my best option? I have E plus for one but not the other one because it was a week we wanted for sure.
Canada has not lifted the current restriction of quarantining 14 days after travel. I don't have that option at work. I am still holding on to that hope that we can still go but it's not looking good.
Thank you

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
I cancelled Hawaii this morning for October. Try move your reservation to summer 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I am sorry if I posted in wrong group.

We have 2 weeks exchange to Hawaii for September 12, 2020 confirmed last year. What happens if I cancel it? What will be my best option? I have E plus for one but not the other one because it was a week we wanted for sure.
Canada has not lifted the current restriction of quarantining 14 days after travel. I don't have that option at work. I am still holding on to that hope that we can still go but it's not looking good.
Thank you

I don’t know about your province - but some provinces have mandated that employers have to provide leave to employees who are required to quarantine due to covid concerns. If the leave would be unpaid for you it should then be possible to file for the $2000 CERB as you will have at least 14 days without income.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
No these points are star options from my purchase at Nanae. I think next year I will have 400k staroptions to use. My concern is so will everybody else. Honestly I think II is to risky right now. Hard to predict what will happen with Covid :(

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
No these points are star options from my purchase at Nanae. I think next year I will have 400k staroptions to use. My concern is so will everybody else. Honestly I think II is to risky right now. Hard to predict what will happen with Covid :(

Mine is not staroptions mine is an exchange with Interval International.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Mine is not staroptions mine is an exchange with Interval International.
If you cancel your exchange, II has been giving a certificate as replacement. I think terms of use depends on how far in advance you cancel from check in. Your 60 days prior is coming up soon. Certainly you should cancel before 60 days, and do the eplus exchange on the other wk exchange too. Otherwise you will be limited to re-booking within a 60 day window.

I had a Hyatt points exchange in II I had to cancel cause of Hawaii quarantine. My cert expires 1 year from cancel date, and booking window is entire year. With Hawaii quarantine still in effect, perhaps they are giving similar terms for weeks exchanges.
Without the quarantine the replacement terms would have been far less flexible.

I suggest you call to cancel. They can also help you find a throwaway exchange as far out as possible, for your week with eplus.
Good luck.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
If you cancel your exchange, II has been giving a certificate as replacement. I think terms of use depends on how far in advance you cancel from check in. Your 60 days prior is coming up soon. Certainly you should cancel before 60 days, and do the eplus exchange on the other wk exchange too. Otherwise you will be limited to re-booking within a 60 day window.

I had a Hyatt points exchange in II I had to cancel cause of Hawaii quarantine. My cert expires 1 year from cancel date, and booking window is entire year. With Hawaii quarantine still in effect, perhaps they are giving similar terms for weeks exchanges.

I suggest you call to cancel. They can also help you find a throwaway exchange as far out as possible, for your week with eplus.
Good luck.
Thank you so much! I will call them, is there a number especially for Vistana owners?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much! I will call them, is there a number especially for Vistana owners?
I've called this number, 800-468-3782 .
I don't know if it's specific for Vistana. I have a corporate account tho' with star options.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually call this number: 877-782-7088. It's a direct line to the Vistana desk at I.I. Good luck with your rescheduling, as I have found them to be very patient and helpful! CJ

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV

Good luck.
I cancelled the week without e-plus and like you said, I was given a replacement certificate that expires a year from cancel date. I will have to pay another exchange fee if I use the replacement certificate.
I kept the week with eplus and will find an exchange, apparently I can use the eplus for until Sept 2021.

I forgot to ask though, and maybe someone in TUG has an answer to this.
If I booked the replacement certificate for a week in January for example and purchased an e plus, I will still need to use the week by July 2, 2021 and can not use the eplus beyond that date, correct? Hopefully my question makes sense.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I cancelled the week without e-plus and like you said, I was given a replacement certificate that expires a year from cancel date. I will have to pay another exchange fee if I use the replacement certificate.
I kept the week with eplus and will find an exchange, apparently I can use the eplus for until Sept 2021.

I forgot to ask though, and maybe someone in TUG has an answer to this.
If I booked the replacement certificate for a week in January for example and purchased an e plus, I will still need to use the week by July 2, 2021 and can not use the eplus beyond that date, correct? Hopefully my question makes sense.

You still need to make your 1st eplus exchange on your Sept week greater than 60 days from check in. Otherwise you'll be limited on eplus exchanging to only 60 days in advance.

I have not used my certificate, but don't think you can add eplus to it when you exchange. Perhaps you can since you're paying another exchange fee. I get one fee waived cause my exchange is with points, not a week.
If you can add eplus, then yes I think you'll need to make an exchange with dates on or before the cert July 2 2021 date.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@heckp, you might want to use your 1sy eplus trade to get any unit with check in date close to your cert expiration date. That'll give you some breathing room to use your remaining 2 eplus trades more judiciously.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
You still need to make your 1st eplus exchange on your Sept week greater than 60 days from check in. Otherwise you'll be limited on eplus exchanging to only 60 days in advance.

I have not used my certificate, but don't think you can add eplus to it when you exchange. Perhaps you can since you're paying another exchange fee. I get one fee waived cause my exchange is with points, not a week.
If you can add eplus, then yes I think you'll need to make an exchange with dates on or before the cert July 2 2021 date.
I just realized that about E plus I thought I didn't have a 60 day restriction on that. I never really had to deal with e plus before and didn't read about how eplus works when I added it to my reservation. A lot of things I realized with this COVID 19 pandemic that I took for granted before.

Another stupid thing I did and should have asked questions prior to booking, do I have 24 hrs to cancel an exchange to get a full refund?

Addendum: I cancelled within 24 hrs and got a full refund!

Last edited:

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about your province - but some provinces have mandated that employers have to provide leave to employees who are required to quarantine due to covid concerns. If the leave would be unpaid for you it should then be possible to file for the $2000 CERB as you will have at least 14 days without income.
I hadn't heard of this. Do you have a link? Does it matter that the leave is after return from a vacation?