• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC/RCI site not working properly, or is it just me?

bigrockstar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld
Hey gang,

Super excited to start using my shiny new points to book some vacations. The trouble is, for the past week, when I click through the HGVC links to access my RCI exchange account, I am able to search and click all the way to individual resort pages, then nothing. Clicking "available units" does nothing. No pictures show up on individual resort pages either. Clicking any of the tabs on the top doesn't change the page as it should. I've tried searching multiple date ranges, regions, properties, etc. to no avail. I even tried clicking the "help" link on the top of the page, next to "sign out," but that just leads to a blank page. I'm very "internet-savvy" so am confident it's not something I'm doing, unless there is some trick with RCI I don't know about. I cleared my browser cache. Still had trouble. I tried two other browsers. Still had trouble. I tried accessing it from both my phone and my tablet and had the exact same issue.

Here's one example of the point where the site keeps hanging for me. Clicking anything does nothing.

Capture.JPG

Am I the only one experiencing this? Do you think it's because I'm still such a new member?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I had no issues a few moments ago. Did you click on the little "check-in" calendar?
If there's multiple dates available, you may need to select one, before it shows any.
Otherwise, you may have to call HGVC for tech support.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Your screen shot looks like there are no available units at the resort during the time period you have selected. Try widening the selection (use a 1 year time frame) to see if that makes a difference in how it responds to your input.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
RCI is confusing to learn compared to how easy it is to see inventory in the HGVC reservation system. Not sure how you got to this dead end.

If you are interested in December Las Vegas, here is how I get there. Once in the RCI site select Las Vegas in the Region list on the left side., then filter by Check In Month. There are 20 resorts available in December. Then you can filter by exact check in date or just pick a resort to see all the check in dates in December.

Incidently, there are two inventory pools we can access, weeks or points. You can filter by using length of stay, if you pick 1-6 you see points inventory and dont have to book a full week stay.

448f586e2a85014f532971d9d5710ba2.jpg

5e3b65b19e2111d4cc97611e9c6f4c46.jpg

I picked 1-6 days to see points inventory, a couple HGVC were available. Then click Available Units and when I get to the page you were on the calendar pops up automatically for me to select check in day.

Maybe you have some kind of ad or pop up blocker that is hindering the check in calendar? I am using Chrome on iPad.

5cce8ee6dbc8632163cb6a1a97b12080.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Pop-ups are sometimes essential for sites you trust.
I generally allow pop ups, and just close annoying ones.
But if you block 'em, provide exceptions for trusted sites.

bigrockstar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld
Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'm afraid I will have to contact their support team on Monday.

• I tried searching for a year-long booking window and faced the same trouble.
  • I tried your directions, SmithOp, to no avail.
  • I went into site and browser settings in chrome and firefox and turned off the popup and ad blockers for both HGVC and RCI sites. I turned off my secondary ad blocker. I inspected the page html and noticed it relies on javascript, so I updated Java. I cleared my cache and restarted my pc and browser. I even tried downloading a new, clean browser, just to make sure it isn't some setting I have turned on in my regular browsers. Nope. Still not loading.

I really appreciate your advice. I'll let you know what I find out Monday, in case someone else ever encounters this issue.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
I usually don't put dates in the date range with RCI. I usually request the location then filter down thru the units that appear. Also, you have to keep trying with RCI as the date you actually want may come up at a later time. Getting units thru RCI requires advance planning and lots of patience as you will soon discover. I hope by now you have your issue resolved.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Using this approach, I have had great success landing prime beach resorts in the middle of winter.

My favorite tool is to have an OGS set up to get a great week at a great resort as soon as it is deposited. For RCI Points it is best to keep an eye out to catch what you want as soon as inventory is deposited. Different resorts/systems use different approaches to depositing inventory and it is good to pick up on those patters or to keep an eye on the TUG sightings forum.

I usually don't put dates in the date range with RCI. I usually request the location then filter down thru the units that appear. Also, you have to keep trying with RCI as the date you actually want may come up at a later time.

Last edited:

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please explain what OGS is. thanks.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Please explain what OGS is.

OGS = On Going Search. It's only for "weeks" (7d) searches.
The system puts you in front of the line for matching resort+dates.
1. Do an Exchange Search for a resort you'd like to book. Omit dates.
2. At the top, it should ask if you'd prefer to do an Ongoing Search.
3. Say yes, and the OGS page will allow you to select dates and resorts.
4. If you select a resort from the list, the payment should be -0-.
5. You now have an OGS which you can modify with other resorts+dates.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks so much. I'll give it a try.