• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If the date range you are inputting isn't beyond 8/1 - chances are this is happening because the resort isn't taking net new reservations due to COVID-19. While a subset of resorts are open - they are only open for existing reservations already on the books - not for net new reservations. The website should actually error with this specific response - but it appears it's looping back to the resort page when this occurs. I've seen this on multiple occasions on the FB groups over the past several days.

I saw this happen with Bentley brook. However, it was for the week they started taking new reservations. Same for the week after that. The third week it came back with search results.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I received an email a couple days ago with the message below. Good job guys, looks like your efforts are bearing fruit. We all appreciate your hard work reporting the issues to Wyndham. I look forward to these updates coming soon.

I understand they communicated to you when the updates will be implemented, but I'm glad they are contacting owners and demonstrating some transparency.

View attachment 21737

Sharing a couple of screenshots of the calendar view coming later this month, for those interested:

1592345496557.png

1592345510434.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Looks like we'll have calendar view in a week.

View attachment 22263

The next agile sprint release is scheduled for June 24 - subject to change as always, but given they are now advertising this date publicly - I'd say there's a high confidence level they will stick to the date.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
New (?) bug: Attempting to deposit points to RCI. January UY. No 2020 points, but full complement of 2021 points. Program rules state that we can deposit points as early as 10 months prior to start of UY, so it should be possible to deposit 2021 points, even though 2020 is zeroed out. However, when clicking on "Deposit Points" (the far-right button of the RCI panel on the Deposits & RCI page) I am told "Not Enough Points"

This isn't urgent, so I don't need to call, but may if necessary.

Summit

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like that the new website has my information on the landing page...that is about it. The map is gone as is the listing of the locations. Booking is not easy to do without the availability calendar. You have to know where you want to go and the dates. I can't just peruse and decide when to go. Prior bookings are listed with no information besides the date...NOT helpful at all. And my Platinum status is worthless for booking. UGH.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
New (?) bug: Attempting to deposit points to RCI. January UY. No 2020 points, but full complement of 2021 points. Program rules state that we can deposit points as early as 10 months prior to start of UY, so it should be possible to deposit 2021 points, even though 2020 is zeroed out. However, when clicking on "Deposit Points" (the far-right button of the RCI panel on the Deposits & RCI page) I am told "Not Enough Points"

the "not enough points" bug has been there from the beginning of the new site for many of us.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

This is a known issue documented in our regression list and should be remediated in this evenings release (unless the date slid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I like that the new website has my information on the landing page...that is about it. The map is gone as is the listing of the locations. Booking is not easy to do without the availability calendar. You have to know where you want to go and the dates. I can't just peruse and decide when to go. Prior bookings are listed with no information besides the date...NOT helpful at all. And my Platinum status is worthless for booking. UGH.

The map isn’t gone it’s there - has been since May 26. Look again. The listing of locations is also available via the Explore Resorts option - this was added on 6/10. Screenshot below for reference on both of these items:

1593029315423.png

The AC is returning this evening as planned to the best of our understanding.

Prior bookings are clickable for more details.

What do you mean when you say your VIPP status isn’t working? My VIPP status works just fine. Can you provide some color on this item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 1593029284894.png
    1593029284894.png
    267.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Well, I can select the availability calendar for a resort, but I've got to say that I'm not a big fan. Here's how it displays on my Mac using Safari. I can't select dates and there is nothing about the dates to show availability. If I get a chance, I'll try it somewhere else, but whoever set this up must not have ever actually seen a calendar or used one.

Club Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
1. Select Your Suite Type
All Suites1 Bedroom2 Bedroom3 Bedroom4 BedroomSuite Type
Include Accessible Suites
2. Select Check-In & Check-Out
SELECTED DATES
Check-In → Checkout
Clear Dates

Next Month
Jun 2020
Jun 2020
Su
Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Select your check-in and check-out dates on the calendar to view available suites here.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I'm able to use the availability calendar with Chrome and Edge. My first impression is that I think the functionality is pretty good - it does exactly what we want. You can search all suite types at once or select a specific suite size. Unavailable dates are gray and crossed through while available dates are black. Once you select a check-in date the calendar refreshes to show available checkout dates. Performance is pretty good - calendar refreshes are quick after selecting a suite type or check-in date.

Some things that could be improved:
- Enhance calendar to make availability more apparent. Gray vs. black doesn't really jump out at you.
- Add ability to search more than one resort at a time
- Easier/more intuitive path to find the availability calendar. I could only find it by searching resorts and then clicking on the resort.

BUT, I think this is a major improvement. I look forward to hearing what everyone else thinks.

1593082543331.png

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
I couldn't manage to find the calendar availability. I was doing my test with Shawnee. If I entered the resort & specific dates, I was able to book. If I browsed to the resort using the map, I was told I was ineligible to book due to my contract type. I have CWA & Margaritaville contracts, am temp VIPP/perm VIPG. Luckily we're curtailing travel now due to the virus otherwise this would be really frustrating. In the past I used to go on the old website to browse and look for places to go. I can't stand to be on the existing website longer than a few minutes before I give up in frustration.

How do you get to the availability calendar for a resort?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Ok; I got it to work using Chrome. Seems like Safari is an issue for this update.

You can find the availability calendar for a resort by going to the resort page; there should be a button where it used to ask you to enter dates to check for availability.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Ok; I got it to work using Chrome. Seems like Safari is an issue for this update.

You can find the availability calendar for a resort by going to the resort page; there should be a button where it used to ask you to enter dates to check for availability.

Well, it works correctly with Safari on my ipad(2019 model running ipadOS 13.5.1). But, not on my iPhone XS running ios13.5.1. I can get to the AC and see the available dates and select the checkin date, but when I tap the checkout date, nothing happens. I can still scroll months but it doesn’t recognize that I have selected the checkout date.

I actually like the functionality of the feature on my iPad. I just don’t like how many clicks it takes to get to it. Yes, I’m extremely lazy!

I haven’t tried it on my Macbook yet.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just playing around with the new calendar view and came upon an inventory-related realization.

Front and center on the calendar view search page is the "Include Accessible Suites" checkbox. I realized that after adding this filter to my search, there's a bunch more inventory available than without the option. Went back to the "normal" search page and realized that accessible units are only included there AFTER you've taken the trouble to include a Filter and Sort option for accessible units in that search. You can try this out right now by searching for availability for the week of 6/28-7/4 at Avon with and without the option.

Makes me wonder just how much of this accessible unit inventory is going unbooked because it's not included in searches by default and is not intuitively obvious to include.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
So thankful to have the calendar back. If there are any minor issues, I'm sure those will get fixed. HAPPY.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Makes me wonder just how much of this accessible unit inventory is going unbooked because it's not included in searches by default and is not intuitively obvious to include.
I noticed that same thing, I'll just check the box. If the only room available is an accessible room, I'll take it. If non-accessible rooms are available, I'll definitely take one of those and save accessible rooms for those who need them.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got up this morning to look for a reservation. During the first transaction I got a message that I have "Multiply Transactions in Progress." Tried several more times with the same message. Called and was told there is nothing the VC can do. Said wait until later and it will clear itself. VC can't ever make my reservation.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

A lot. I need accessible most of the time because of my travellers. Before the calendar, you couldn't even see it unless non-accessible units were showing. You had to call and it was always glitchy at best.

That being said, I just got a call to give up an accessible unit so apparently people are just bypassing booking them when they are needed so the resort had to make a judgment call as to who needs it more. Really?

Also, upgrades with the accessible units are a problem. If you have to opt-in, you can opt-in for the exact unit. It doesn't always happen but at least it is another accessible. If there are units available, the system doesn't typically offer exact accessible upgrades. It will very often offer a non-accessible unit as your option. That has to get fixed really quickly.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I was just playing around with the new calendar view and came upon an inventory-related realization.

Front and center on the calendar view search page is the "Include Accessible Suites" checkbox. I realized that after adding this filter to my search, there's a bunch more inventory available than without the option. Went back to the "normal" search page and realized that accessible units are only included there AFTER you've taken the trouble to include a Filter and Sort option for accessible units in that search. You can try this out right now by searching for availability for the week of 6/28-7/4 at Avon with and without the option.

I think people who need accessible units will know to checkmark that box each time they do a search. They know what "accessible" means. I believe that's to keep people who don't need the accessible units from accidentally booking them. Many may not know what "accessible" is and not realize that there people who need those units and they should book one that is not accessible. It does give us an advantage though. If people don't realize what you did, they won't know that inventory is there.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Well, I can select the availability calendar for a resort, but I've got to say that I'm not a big fan. Here's how it displays on my Mac using Safari. I can't select dates and there is nothing about the dates to show availability. If I get a chance, I'll try it somewhere else, but whoever set this up must not have ever actually seen a calendar or used one.

Club Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
1. Select Your Suite Type
All Suites1 Bedroom2 Bedroom3 Bedroom4 BedroomSuite Type
Include Accessible Suites
2. Select Check-In & Check-Out
SELECTED DATES
Check-In → Checkout
Clear Dates

Next Month
Jun 2020
Jun 2020
Su
Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Select your check-in and check-out dates on the calendar to view available suites here.

Clear your entire cache. We are seeing a number of reports and clearing the browser cache seems to resolve almost all reported issues.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I couldn't manage to find the calendar availability. I was doing my test with Shawnee. If I entered the resort & specific dates, I was able to book. If I browsed to the resort using the map, I was told I was ineligible to book due to my contract type. I have CWA & Margaritaville contracts, am temp VIPP/perm VIPG. Luckily we're curtailing travel now due to the virus otherwise this would be really frustrating. In the past I used to go on the old website to browse and look for places to go. I can't stand to be on the existing website longer than a few minutes before I give up in frustration.

Clear your browser cache. I experienced the same issue with contract type using both Safari and Firefox - clearing my cache resolved issues on both browsers.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Clear your browser cache. I experienced the same issue with contract type using both Safari and Firefox - clearing my cache resolved issues on both browsers.

I've seen the same.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I'm able to use the availability calendar with Chrome and Edge. My first impression is that I think the functionality is pretty good - it does exactly what we want. You can search all suite types at once or select a specific suite size. Unavailable dates are gray and crossed through while available dates are black. Once you select a check-in date the calendar refreshes to show available checkout dates. Performance is pretty good - calendar refreshes are quick after selecting a suite type or check-in date.

Good positive feedback and agree on your points.

Some things that could be improved:
- Enhance calendar to make availability more apparent. Gray vs. black doesn't really jump out at you.

We have an enhancement request in our list to color code the dates based upon the booking window type. This is a replacement for the old E,S,P indicators in the old calendar view. Express = red, standard = green, ARP=blue - just for example. We also then have an associated enhancement request that will display once you pick a date range - where your available points for each bucket would display at the top using the same color coding - context sensitive to that resort.

- Add ability to search more than one resort at a time

There's a few enhancements along this line already on our list - but not for the calendar view specifically. I will add this to our list specifically for calendar view enhancements.

- Easier/more intuitive path to find the availability calendar. I could only find it by searching resorts and then clicking on the resort.

There's already plans to add a link to the calendar view to the owner dashboard for your bucket list resorts, and also when a date range search is performed and there's no availability for the chosen resort - to display the calendar view button.

BUT, I think this is a major improvement. I look forward to hearing what everyone else thinks.

View attachment 22527

Thanks again for your input - please keep the suggestions coming.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Well, it works correctly with Safari on my ipad(2019 model running ipadOS 13.5.1). But, not on my iPhone XS running ios13.5.1. I can get to the AC and see the available dates and select the checkin date, but when I tap the checkout date, nothing happens. I can still scroll months but it doesn’t recognize that I have selected the checkout date.

I actually like the functionality of the feature on my iPad. I just don’t like how many clicks it takes to get to it. Yes, I’m extremely lazy!

I haven’t tried it on my Macbook yet.

They plan to better integrate the calendar view in subsequent releases to require fewer clicks - such as adding a button for calendar view when zero search results are returned for a specific date range search, buttons on your bucket list from the owner dashboard, etc. If anyone has suggestions on how to deliver on fewer clicks - please let us know we'll add them to our ongoing list.