• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We’re Ready for Molokai

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice Jeff. All the best to your crew!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
(Hint) write the contents on the box while you remember what's in them. Saves tons of time later. At least write which room they came from.

Unfortunately, there are three of us packing. And I find that terms like Pottery means different things to different people. It’ll be fine, because it’ll be interesting to have”nothing” to do. :D

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Cool sky and clouds last night.
0295EB4A-C6F0-4EEF-8205-14235654E9BB.jpeg
F2A7F02E-FB63-413B-856F-F8E1FE518735.jpeg

We are going to do our weekly shopping today but have to be careful of what we buy since we will be gone for 16 days. We already set up our mail to be stopped on Saturday. Friday we will go grocery shopping for some items we are going to pack for Molokai.

Usually the week before my vacations are terrible. Something that doesn’t happen often usually happens or someone asks for something out of the ordinary that I have to put together. This is the last week of our fiscal year too but I think I am all caught up with that stuff so I am hoping for a smooth week. :)

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Cool sky and clouds last night.
View attachment 22339View attachment 22340

We are going to do our weekly shopping today but have to be careful of what we buy since we will be gone for 16 days. We already set up our mail to be stopped on Saturday. Friday we will go grocery shopping for some items we are going to pack for Molokai.

Usually the week before my vacations are terrible. Something that doesn’t happen often usually happens or someone asks for something out of the ordinary that I have to put together. This is the last week of our fiscal year too but I think I am all caught up with that stuff so I am hoping for a smooth week. :)
Wishing you a smooth week! What’s the Hawaiian equivalent of Disney pixie dust?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have an easy week, and great vacation, Jeff! Don't you worry one teensy bit about your ol' pal Dave, slogging away with packing and cleaning and moving and all. No, no, that's fine. I'll be okay. You two just worry about yourselves, hanging out on the lanai, grilling under the Plumeria trees, lollygagging on the beach, enjoying yourselves like you're in Hawaii or something... LOL! :D

Seriously, have an excellent time. Send pictures, or it never happened. :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have an easy week, and great vacation, Jeff! Don't you worry one teensy bit about your ol' pal Dave, slogging away with packing and cleaning and moving and all. No, no, that's fine. I'll be okay. You two just worry about yourselves, hanging out on the lanai, grilling under the Plumeria trees, lollygagging on the beach, enjoying yourselves like you're in Hawaii or something... LOL! :D

Seriously, have an excellent time. Send pictures, or it never happened. :)
Dave, Wishing you a Smooth Move too. You'll be in Hawaii, kicking back under a tropical breeze with one of those umbrella drinks pretty soon.

Jeff, great pictures of the sky over O'ahu too. Hope your vacay is everything you want it to be. And less.

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
So far so good this week. I got my main projects done, the ones I had to complete for the fiscal year end. But of course a few odd things popped up. I should be able to slog through three more days.

I forgot to post this picture this weekend. We went shopping and the toilet paper and paper towel aisle is pretty much back to normal.
7B50A5F5-EB98-4F68-AF13-81722346949F.jpeg

A friend brought in some Mountain Apples Into work today. First time I have every tried them. They were very good. Very similar to a pair.

756FFE77-78ED-4761-98F5-DE5DB7DF90A6.jpeg

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope the rest of your week is as good as the early part of the week, so you go into your trip not overly stressed.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let’s hope the rest of your week is as good as the early part of the week, so you go into your trip not overly stressed.

:D Luckily, I’m not really somebody who gets stressed. There was more odd crap that happened today too. It just always happens before vacation. :D

Stopped off at the Blaisdell on my way home. They always have a market on Wednesday’s. Traffic was really light so I stopped and brought home some dinner, Hawaiian Burgers and a Burrito. It was the most crowded that I have seen in weeks.

610BB002-24B9-43C9-AA18-E4EFA554A880.jpeg
EC23F278-CC77-4A2F-95A7-72D430329E5E.jpeg
4F9B0CDB-AEC9-4656-861F-7DC1BC16E792.jpeg
11AB5EC0-DF6C-4A4E-9630-DE9FFE927911.jpeg
138A533F-5248-45A3-921C-09602A2B2804.jpeg
9C51049E-C4D2-4799-9DFB-16FDE305ACA1.jpeg
A8C2A4B4-C723-4454-BBEC-8D8CE6D91AC7.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well down to my last day. A friend at work is taking me to lunch tomorrow. Plus, I plan to get out of work early. We have to get some groceries tomorrow night. We will take some with us to Molokai.

I will call Hiro’s tomorrow and make reservations for my birthday on Sunday. They posted the new procedures on Facebook for dining. They also posted the menu. Here’s what they posted for the procedure.

As a reminder here are our guidelines when coming to our restaurant:
Restaurant and Bar-
- Limited to not more than 50% of the maximum occupancy
-While waiting to be seated to practice 6' physical distancing
-FACE COVERING must be worn when entering (and exiting) the restaurant but may be removed while seated.
- Hands will be sanitized before entering
-Seating will be arranged 6' apart
-Not more than 10 guests will be allowed per table
-Tables and Chairs will be sanitized after each group or individual leaves the restaurant
-There will be a designated entrance and exit of the restaurant. (signs will be posted)
-Highly encouraged to make reservations ahead of time

We sure do appreciate you coming to visit us again but if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or have a fever we will not be allowing you to enter the restaurant.

For now we will be open just on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the month of June. And for now no breakfasts on the weekend.
Our hours are from 11am-8pm and we will be serving the same menu right throughout the whole day.

And here’s the menu.
65DB6537-CBAF-4794-80E8-9B9BA3C370FF.jpeg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
They must have huge tables- max 10 guests in a party but sit 6 Feet apart.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a well deserved great trip.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
:D Luckily, I’m not really somebody who gets stressed. There was more odd crap that happened today too. It just always happens before vacation. :D

Stopped off at the Blaisdell on my way home. They always have a market on Wednesday’s. Traffic was really light so I stopped and brought home some dinner, Hawaiian Burgers and a Burrito. It was the most crowded that I have seen in weeks.

View attachment 22520View attachment 22521View attachment 22522View attachment 22523View attachment 22524View attachment 22525View attachment 22526
We like going to this farmer's market also it is one of the ones that is very convenient and timely for dinner to get there and get back from from the Hilton Hawaiian Village by bus. We usually pick up some nice produce as well as having a quick and inexpensive prepared dinner. I don't know if you know that when there is a show at Blaisdell Concert Hall, which is right there, they move it to the otherside of the Blaisdell Complex on Kapiolani.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We haven’t been there since the end of January so as long as the car starts we’ll be good.
Ok, I have a (probably) dumb question. Is your Molokai car protected from the elements? I realize you don't have extreme temperature variables. Nor do you need to worry about your car becoming the spot the plow drivers dump the snow, but do you have a parking structure? And there are ne'er-do-well folks everywhere that would take advantage of an unsupervised object.

Inquiring minds...

Have fun. I get to spend your birthday at a bridal shower :wall:. Hoping it's a smallish gathering...I'm bringing a box of masks (MOB requested, not that she thinks she can get anyone to wear one.) I'm so jealous you'll be on the beach. We're getting the Sahara dust this weekend...kinda like the beach right? o_O

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We like going to this farmer's market also it is one of the ones that is very convenient and timely for dinner to get there and get back from from the Hilton Hawaiian Village by bus. We usually pick up some nice produce as well as having a quick and inexpensive prepared dinner. I don't know if you know that when there is a show at Blaisdell Concert Hall, which is right there, they move it to the otherside of the Blaisdell Complex on Kapiolani.

I didn’t know that. I only stop once in a while. At first there wasn’t much produce but this last time more vendors were there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, I have a (probably) dumb question. Is your Molokai car protected from the elements? I realize you don't have extreme temperature variables. Nor do you need to worry about your car becoming the spot the plow drivers dump the snow, but do you have a parking structure? And there are ne'er-do-well folks everywhere that would take advantage of an unsupervised object.

Inquiring minds...

Have fun. I get to spend your birthday at a bridal shower :wall:. Hoping it's a smallish gathering...I'm bringing a box of masks (MOB requested, not that she thinks she can get anyone to wear one.) I'm so jealous you'll be on the beach. We're getting the Sahara dust this weekend...kinda like the beach right? o_O

It’s a good question. We leave the car in the parking lot at the resort. It’s actually right behind where we usuallypark when we are there. I will post some pictures when we get there.

We had a car cover but the one we got didn’t last long and tore apart in the wind. Right now we only have a sunshade on the windshield. My wife bought a better cover and we’ll see how it goes. I hope this one goes on easy.:)

The parking is right out in the open and any one messing with the car would be easily seen and the property manager knows we leave the car there. No issues so far in the year we’ve had it there.

Many people leave there car in a grass field by the airport. We thought about that but some friends told us, once in a while someone will drain gas or break into some vehicles. I see many there with covers on them. It would be convenient and then we wouldn’t need a shuttle but for now we’ll keep doing what we are doing. I don’t mind helping the local businesses using the shuttle service.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Made it threw Aloha Friday. It actually went pretty good and I got a few extra things done too. Plus I left a little early. :)

After I got home we went and got some groceries that we are taking with us. Then we started packing. I test fir for the groceries so we are good to go. Our flight leaves at 11am and we arrive at 11:38am. Sure beats the 12 to 15 hours we used to fly to get here from Wisconsin.

So as long as the car starts when we get there we will get more groceries when we unpack then we are ready to enjoy.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I didn’t know that. I only stop once in a while. At first there wasn’t much produce but this last time more vendors were there.

Well if you are looking for some fresh vegtables on the way home or a quick easy inexpensive meal for dinner and you don't see it on King, you can make the next right go around the block and East on Kapiolani and get there. You could also park where you do on the King side and walk over. I don't know where you would park for a few minutes on Kapiolani but I am sure you drivers have your means and methods. The Bus going West stops right at the Farmer's Market on Kapiolani and going West right at the Farmer's Market on King so either way we have a long block walk either before or after getting our food but since we have walked, at times,from the Hilton Hawaiian Village to China Town this is an easy walk for us.

At times we have made the Farmer's Market a stop after a Brewery trip. We take the bus to one of the Breweries in Kakaako; Honolulu Beerworks, Waikiki Brewery, or Aloha Brewery. After a couple of microbrews we walk back via Kapiolani to the Farmer's Market. When Blaisdell has a active calendar the Farmer's Market is usually on Kapiolani. After a couple of 10% alcohol microbrews the walk to the Farmer's Market is real easy and pleasurable. We then take the bus home on King Street with our hands full from purchases from the Farmer's Market.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We have done our anniversary a few times. It mostly it has been my wife’s birthday and Mother’s Day. My wife never wanted to go to Hawaii much in the summer since it was nice in Wisconsin.:)

I’m looking forward to it though. my kids will call on Father’s Day and my Birthday so that is always good. Most of all, just the break from work will be great.

Jeff, enjoy your time at your condo and have a wonderful vacation.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Jeff, I have to tell you how much joy your reports give me! Such a relief from ongoing issues. Thanks.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well if you are looking for some fresh vegtables on the way home or a quick easy inexpensive meal for dinner and you don't see it on King, you can make the next right go around the block and East on Kapiolani and get there. You could also park where you do on the King side and walk over. I don't know where you would park for a few minutes on Kapiolani but I am sure you drivers have your means and methods. The Bus going West stops right at the Farmer's Market on Kapiolani and going West right at the Farmer's Market on King so either way we have a long block walk either before or after getting our food but since we have walked, at times,from the Hilton Hawaiian Village to China Town this is an easy walk for us.

At times we have made the Farmer's Market a stop after a Brewery trip. We take the bus to one of the Breweries in Kakaako; Honolulu Beerworks, Waikiki Brewery, or Aloha Brewery. After a couple of microbrews we walk back via Kapiolani to the Farmer's Market. When Blaisdell has a active calendar the Farmer's Market is usually on Kapiolani. After a couple of 10% alcohol microbrews the walk to the Farmer's Market is real easy and pleasurable. We then take the bus home on King Street with our hands full from purchases from the Farmer's Market.

You have that all planned out well. Don’t know if I would do as well with a few 10% beers. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, I have to tell you how much joy your reports give me! Such a relief from ongoing issues. Thanks.

Thank you for that. This trip won’t be too exciting but Iwill post pictures. It will be a nice change of scenery.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
206D89D4-F032-4B12-A8EB-8C8F1762AF43.jpeg

All checked in. They will take our temp in about 10 minutes when we are about to board. Went fast, we turned in our bags and forms and that’s about. It.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@slip I love that you are going to vacation in your own home. :D