• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We’re Ready for Molokai

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The countdown has finally started for our vacation to Molokai. We had everything planned for the first two weeks of May but the virus and the Hawaii quarantine delayed us. The inter-island quarantine was lifted 6-16-20 so we decided to wait a little bit and we are flying to Molokai on 6-27-20.

We had to change our flights with Mokulele but that went easy with no fee attached to the change. One thing that did come about during the COVID era, Makani Kai Air and Mokulele have combined into one company so Hawaiian and Mokulele are the only two choices for flights to Molokai now.

One of the changes for flights is that you have to wear a mask. They will also take your temperature and fill out a form. I put the link below for the form. Let me know if you have any issues with the link, it has changed once already. If it doesn’t work, I will add an attachment.

https://health.hawaii.gov/travel/files/2020/06/hawaii_state_traveler_health_form.pdf

We set up a shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Then we will just use our car and take a shuttle back to the airport. We haven’t been there since the end of January so as long as the car starts we’ll be good.

We are really looking forward to this trip. Can’t wait to enjoy the lanai and do some grilling by the pool. This is the first time we are going to bring some groceries. We don’t have much luggage and I get free bags with Mokulele so we will bring some items with us.

We will be there for 16 days and my birthday is on the 28th so we will be going to Hiro’s for dinner that night. I’ll be posting some pictures along the way, so you can follow along if you like.

I am hoping we can see some fireworks from Maui on July 4th. We can see Maui from our lanai so we’ll see.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
What a nice vacation you have planned. I hope it is as enjoyable as it sounds like it will be. On your birthday I'll be flying back from Las Vegas to Washington state to complete the last round of my move to Nevada. So even though I won't be on Molokai to celebrate with you - I'll be there in spirit. Enjoy your time off, my friend You have earned every minute of it.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Jeff I'm sure you and your wife will be glad to get home for awhile.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will come to enjoy having a second home to go to. We find it comforting in these times when the traditional forms of getaways have been taken from us. It would be more convenient if you could just drive to it but of course I get the difficulty there.

Y'know, Jeff, it isn't THAT expensive to learn to fly.

Enjoy your vacation!

Jim

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
So will there be fireworks on Maui? I’ll be thinking of you as I look towards Molokai. Sounds like a nice finally get away. Haven’t visited Molokai but noticed there is 1 timeshare that comes up periodically there. Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
So will there be fireworks on Maui? I’ll be thinking of you as I look towards Molokai. Sounds like a nice finally get away. Haven’t visited Molokai but noticed there is 1 timeshare that comes up periodically there. Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

I don't think there will be any sponsored fireworks but I was thinking I may see some that locals will be firing off. There was a lot that on Oahu on New Years.

I have been by the timeshares on Molokai but have never stayed at one. We have stayed at Molokai Shores. They are condo units but we now stay at our condo at WaveCrest. Ke Nani Kai is the timeshare that usually comes up for trades and that is on the west side of the island.

You are getting close now so I hope you are able to have a long enjoyable stay!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff I'm sure you and your wife will be glad to get home for awhile.

Exactly!

My wife has had a small bout of Vertigo but she is really looking forward to using her lanai. It’s amazing how much time she spends out there. we eat all our meals out there unless we are eating out.

Not a lot planned but I will post some pictures along the way.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will come to enjoy having a second home to go to. We find it comforting in these times when the traditional forms of getaways have been taken from us. It would be more convenient if you could just drive to it but of course I get the difficulty there.

Y'know, Jeff, it isn't THAT expensive to learn to fly.

Enjoy your vacation!

Jim

No flying lessons for me. I’ll leave that to the pros. :)

We have learned that being over here is very convenient for us to use the condo more than we did before. So far it has worked great.

Like you said, it is nice to just go to a comfortable place.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What a nice vacation you have planned. I hope it is as enjoyable as it sounds like it will be. On your birthday I'll be flying back from Las Vegas to Washington state to complete the last round of my move to Nevada. So even though I won't be on Molokai to celebrate with you - I'll be there in spirit. Enjoy your time off, my friend You have earned every minute of it.

Dave

Keep us updated on that move. I know you’ve done it a ton of times but they are each a little different. When is going to be your first day in Nevada to stay?

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The countdown has finally started for our vacation to Molokai. We had everything planned for the first two weeks of May but the virus and the Hawaii quarantine delayed us. The inter-island quarantine was lifted 6-16-20 so we decided to wait a little bit and we are flying to Molokai on 6-27-20.

We had to change our flights with Mokulele but that went easy with no fee attached to the change. One thing that did come about during the COVID era, Makani Kai Air and Mokulele have combined into one company so Hawaiian and Mokulele are the only two choices for flights to Molokai now.

One of the changes for flights is that you have to wear a mask. They will also take your temperature and fill out a form. I put the link below for the form. Let me know if you have any issues with the link, it has changed once already. If it doesn’t work, I will add an attachment.

https://health.hawaii.gov/travel/files/2020/06/hawaii_state_traveler_health_form.pdf

We set up a shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Then we will just use our car and take a shuttle back to the airport. We haven’t been there since the end of January so as long as the car starts we’ll be good.

We are really looking forward to this trip. Can’t wait to enjoy the lanai and do some grilling by the pool. This is the first time we are going to bring some groceries. We don’t have much luggage and I get free bags with Mokulele so we will bring some items with us.

We will be there for 16 days and my birthday is on the 28th so we will be going to Hiro’s for dinner that night. I’ll be posting some pictures along the way, so you can follow along if you like.

I am hoping we can see some fireworks from Maui on July 4th. We can see Maui from our lanai so we’ll see.

Enjoy your time on Molokai. I seems like the perfect safe place to vacation.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
So glad to hear you can truly celebrate your Birthday! And get som R&R. Enjoy!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
@slip I'm interested to hear from you how Molokai has been weathering the whole shut down and quarantine. I don't get the feeling they rely heavily on tourism, but maybe I'm wrong.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip I'm interested to hear from you how Molokai has been weathering the whole shut down and quarantine. I don't get the feeling they rely heavily on tourism, but maybe I'm wrong.

I know there are some businesses that do rely on tourism, local rental car company, snorkel and boat tours. They even have land tours and bicycle rentals, not to mention the restaurants that benefit also.

I know the vacation rentals has been hard but there and they changed the guidelines for house rentals so there are a lot of houses there in the market since they can’t rent them anymore.

I hope to be able to talk to some of the people we know there but with this going on, I won’t know until we get there how people are dealing with everything.

We did have to go with a local shuttle service instead of the taxi this time. The taxi hasn’t officially opened back up. It is only available for medical emergencies right now. It’s fine with me, I may stick with using the shuttle and helping that business out too.

I post anything I find while I’m there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So glad to hear you can truly celebrate your Birthday! And get som R&R. Enjoy!

Not that it really matters to me but my birthday does fall on Sunday this year and Hiro’s is only open for dine in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it worked out nice.

First time I get to celebrate my birthday on Hawaii. We always came in May and it was Mother Day and my wife’s birthday.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Not that it really matters to me but my birthday does fall on Sunday this year and Hiro’s is only open for dine in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it worked out nice.

First time I get to celebrate my birthday on Hawaii. We always came in May and it was Mother Day and my wife’s birthday.
It's nice to celebrate special occasions on Hawaii. We've celebrated several Father's Days, our older dd's 21st birthday (that was a fun one :cheer:) and several of our anniversaries. The anniversary dinner the last few years has been at Gannon's in Wailea.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A friend of mine here at work took me to lunch today here on Oahu. It’s amazing how many places there are to eat here. Anyway we tried the Oxtail Stew and it was awesome. My wife likes Oxtails so I got an order for her for her dinner tonight.

This place is one of those markets that sells everything and they had a huge deli type case with plate lunch items.

7256BA03-B89F-4DAD-BE2A-915AEF6B0DE5.jpeg
39336C3F-D4ED-4D5E-B6EC-77987717479D.jpeg
F43E712D-D3ED-4175-BF6D-B86C7DBC2CEB.jpeg
FD8A0227-4D1A-4C66-9129-171F4FD4FEB8.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's nice to celebrate special occasions on Hawaii. We've celebrated several Father's Days, our older dd's 21st birthday (that was a fun one :cheer:) and several of our anniversaries. The anniversary dinner the last few years has been at Gannon's in Wailea.

We have done our anniversary a few times. It mostly it has been my wife’s birthday and Mother’s Day. My wife never wanted to go to Hawaii much in the summer since it was nice in Wisconsin.:)

I’m looking forward to it though. my kids will call on Father’s Day and my Birthday so that is always good. Most of all, just the break from work will be great.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We have done our anniversary a few times. It mostly it has been my wife’s birthday and Mother’s Day. My wife never wanted to go to Hawaii much in the summer since it was nice in Wisconsin.:)

I’m looking forward to it though. my kids will call on Father’s Day and my Birthday so that is always good. Most of all, just the break from work will be great.
We went during the summer since that's when our dds had the time. We had a fixed week at Maui Hill so we'd go there. We finally started trying out other islands when our fixed week dates didn't work any longer. It was the end of August into the beginning of September. When we bought it school didn't start until after Labor Day. Then, the school schedule got switched and they started earlier. So we started trading for other islands. Since we lived on the west coast of California it was easy for us to get to Hawaii.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went during the summer since that's when our dds had the time. We had a fixed week at Maui Hill so we'd go there. We finally started trying out other islands when our fixed week dates didn't work any longer. It was the end of August into the beginning of September. When we bought it school didn't start until after Labor Day. Then, the school schedule got switched and they started earlier. So we started trading for other islands. Since we lived on the west coast of California it was easy for us to get to Hawaii.

Never had the luxury of it being close. :)

Once we decided we wanted to see if we wanted to live there, we started taking our trips during different months. We made it to all the months except the summer months and we were going to try them when I got my transfer. No regrets so far.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Keep us updated on that move. I know you’ve done it a ton of times but they are each a little different. When is going to be your first day in Nevada to stay?

I expect to be landed for good by July 4th. Then starts the 'Gee, I wonder what's in THIS box?' Surprise Party. We have a LOT of boxes. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I expect to be landed for good by July 4th. Then starts the 'Gee, I wonder what's in THIS box?' Surprise Party. We have a LOT of boxes. :)

Dave

That’s not far away, your just about there.

That surprise party with the boxes is just like Christmas.:)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice job, Jeff. Your wife looks so much happier than in previous times in the Islands. I wonder why? ;)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
(Hint) write the contents on the box while you remember what's in them. Saves tons of time later. At least write which room they came from.