• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enlighted me.....what is it about Cape Cod?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Checked in to Brewster Green today for 2 weeks. They’ve made some improvements since we were here 4 yrs ago though we are in a different unit.

Drove 1200 miles over three days to get here. Took a detour up to visit West Point and see a little of the Hudson Valley. Spent last night in Mystic, CT. We love that area too and might rent a cottage there someday.

This is our 3rd time on the Cape. We love Maine best of all but it is so far to drive from SC. The Cape is a good compromise. The seafood, better shopping but not the rocky shoreline or the views of Maine. Don’t want to be at any of them during high season. Traffic coming on to the Cape at 3 PM on a Friday was not bad. One short slow down over the bridge and through the traffic circle and all was clear after. Hoping for good weather but happy to be out of the 100 degrees we had in SC before we left.

Wow! You were up by my neck of the woods- West Point/Hudson Valley!

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Wow! You wer up by my neck fo the woods- West Point/Hudson Valley!

Really? I didn't know exactly where you live. Just "upstate NY" which means little to this Southern girl! :) I know NYC and everything else is "upstate" to me.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
NY is a big state and in my mind upstate is north of Albany and nearer the VT border. Western NY goes from the PA border on the south to Canada on the north. West Point is on the east side of NY near the northwest CT border.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok folks.....I'm bringing up an old thread of mine. I'm watching things come online for MA and I'm thinking about snagging a last minute deal, just to shake up the monotony of the day. This time around I'm looking for TS recommendations. RCI or II ok

I know there will no be much open yet. So, I'm looking for a resort with:
1. Full kitchen so we can cook.
2. On or easy drive to a bike path.
3. Walking trails or beach that I don't need to drive to

Last edited:

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never been there, but I'd really like to see it someday. I've visited every other state in the rest of the USA, but have never been north of upstate New York. So that upper right corner (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine) is on the list.

Dave
Dave - You should make it a point to get those States. There is plenty to see and do there. I am originally from MA and spent a lot of time at Cape Cod, the Mountains in VT and NH and Acadia NP in Maine, also Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. As another poster indicated, everything in NE is within a days drive, so you should be able to get those 6 states in, in a short period of time. It's a beautiful scenic drive in during fall foliage in VT and NH.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn’t MA still require out of state visitors to quarantine in place for 14 days upon entering the state? I know that Brewster Green has pushed back their date of opening twice now and the current date is June 12.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Mdurette is a Mass person. Bless her heart. :) (We Mainers have a love/hate relationship with those Mass license plates in the summer time!) She won't have to quarantine, since she's already in her home state.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm also from Massachusetts and always enjoyed Route 6A in Cape. Less touristy and the towns if Brewster, Weelfleet, Orkeans, National Seashore , Chatham are nice spots to visit. Chatham and Sandwich have alot of history . Falmouth us a great gateway to M Vineyard. Always enjoyed Nauset Beach and some of the bay areas .Its much busier in summer but enjoy Sept. When the crowds have gone. Full kitchens in Brewster Green and Cape Cod Estate cottages as well as Seamist resort in Mashpee.

Western Mass is quiet but again when in season Tanglewood and Jacibs Pullow, Lenox , Williamstown are recommended. Further east,, check out Northampton, Anherst Deerfield,. Nice drives and typical New England.

Last edited:

e.bram

Reaction score
Ok folks.....I'm bringing up an old thread of mine. I'm watching things come online for MA and I'm thinking about snagging a last minute deal, just to shake up the monotony of the day. This time around I'm looking for TS recommendations. RCI or II ok

I know there will no be much open yet. So, I'm looking for a resort with:
1. Full kitchen so we can cook.
2. On or easy drive to a bike path.
3. Walking trails or beach that I don't need to drive to

Surfside Resort , Falmouth Ma. On the beach. full kitchen and indoor and outdoor pools. what else could you ask for?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surfside Resort , Falmouth Ma. On the beach. full kitchen and indoor and outdoor pools. what else could you ask for?

Yes, surfside has been on my radar, but only 1 unit opened that I saw and it was a studio so I took a pass. I also had Edgewater in my hands, a 2BR for July 4th week (no oven) but II was trying to get me to upgrade during the check out process and I backed out to check my membership to see when it expired and not realizing it, it didn't hold my the unit and I lost it.

Brewster looks like it will work as it abuts Nickerson state park for biking and walking trails. Just what I was looking for.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Be sure to report back. Brewster Green has been on my radar, because of the full kitchens and the possibility of a 3BR. When do you go? I'm glad you got a chance to do a little excursion!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure to report back. Brewster Green has been on my radar, because of the full kitchens and the possibility of a 3BR. When do you go? I'm glad you got a chance to do a little excursion!
I am an owner there and the units are quite spacious, clean and more remodeled.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why go to the Cape if not for the beach and ocean?
It's not far to go but yes a small drive. Lovely golf courses too.Not quite sure if your comment means it's not beachfront ?! BG is a nice location for the Cape and a quaint town. Nauset beach is a short drive as well a other nice beaches. We like it and it trades well.

Last edited:

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks.....reporting back after my stay at Brewster Green and answering my own question that started this thread along with the recent one from e.bram.

A full review was just submitted to TUG, should be up once the mods review and post.

We ended up on the Cape only because it was a short drive away and within our own state so we didn't have Covid restrictions. I was simply looking for a lower risk getaway for some family time.

To answer my original question: What is it about the Cape? I get it, lovely small coastal New England towns. Just what my hometown is. I like where I live, so I can understand now why others like to visit similar areas.

E.Bram: We went to a beach in Brewster one evening, specifically during low tide. We enjoyed our time there walking out for what felt like miles in ankle deep water. I don't get that at our town beach. But, that was the only beach outing. We spent a lot of time biking, walking Nickerson, exploring the area by car, took a drive to P-Town one day. If more were open we would have kayaked, whale watched, etc. With that said, I think if the resort was "on the beach" we would have spent more time there.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks.....reporting back after my stay at Brewster Green and answering my own question that started this thread along with the recent one from e.bram.

A full review was just submitted to TUG, should be up once the mods review and post.

We ended up on the Cape only because it was a short drive away and within our own state so we didn't have Covid restrictions. I was simply looking for a lower risk getaway for some family time.

To answer my original question: What is it about the Cape? I get it, lovely small coastal New England towns. Just what my hometown is. I like where I live, so I can understand now why others like to visit similar areas.

E.Bram: We went to a beach in Brewster one evening, specifically during low tide. We enjoyed our time there walking out for what felt like miles in ankle deep water. I don't get that at our town beach. But, that was the only beach outing. We spent a lot of time biking, walking Nickerson, exploring the area by car, took a drive to P-Town one day. If more were open we would have kayaked, whale watched, etc. With that said, I think if the resort was "on the beach" we would have spent more time there.
Sounds like a great time and Bike trails are really well connected! I'm hoping to go fall 2021 but will need to exchange in.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I know someone who lives in Florida - west coast- and is moving back to Cape Cod. She said as much as she loves Florida she can’t take the excessive heat and humidity and also is concerned about hurricanes and more warming trends and so forth. Plus she has family in Massachusetts and Vermont that she misses.

Last edited:

spookykennedy

Reaction score
So I am a bit biased but I grew up south of Boston and my family owned 2 cottages in Dennisport. My Dad grew up going to Dennisport with his family, so it's nostalgic and tradition. It hasn't changed much. It has a charm and authenticity you don't find elsewhere. I took my daughter back last summer as my Dad bought a new summer home in Osterville. You need to make sure you are on the side that is warmer - but warmer water is relative ;) To me the Cape is about slowing down, going back in time a bit, and just spending time as a family. Would I go there regularly from Utah just for the beach? NO way. I can get to better beaches faster. But if I lived relatively close to the Cape I would be there in a heartbeat.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I am a bit biased but I grew up south of Boston and my family owned 2 cottages in Dennisport. My Dad grew up going to Dennisport with his family, so it's nostalgic and tradition. It hasn't changed much. It has a charm and authenticity you don't find elsewhere. I took my daughter back last summer as my Dad bought a new summer home in Osterville. You need to make sure you are on the side that is warmer - but warmer water is relative ;) To me the Cape is about slowing down, going back in time a bit, and just spending time as a family. Would I go there regularly from Utah just for the beach? NO way. I can get to better beaches faster. But if I lived relatively close to the Cape I would be there in a heartbeat.

Osterville is lovely! However, for me personally, it and Chatham are the only towns on that side of the Cape I would consider.

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
There is nothing like Cape Cod and our favorite timeshare Brewster Green. For over 10 years we were there for 3 weeks until my husband died in 2019, now I am in CA and not so easy to get there. I traded it last year in II for a week on HHI for a week in June at a Marriott. My granddaughter will be using the HHI week. I miss BG.