• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham website does not work with iPad Pro

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
After the website update on, I think is was, June 10th. The website didn’t function properly using Safari with my iPad Pro. I could search resorts okay but once I put the dates in order to check availability I just got the “hold tight, loading your resorts” message but it never loaded resorts. The website did work using Chrome on my iPad. Then yesterday (June 13th) the website was updated again. And now it doesn’t work with either Safari or Chrome browser on my iPad Pro. Interestingly it does work on my iPhone. Both are running the latest version of IOS/iPadOS.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
After the website update on, I think is was, June 10th. The website didn’t function properly using Safari with my iPad Pro. I could search resorts okay but once I put the dates in order to check availability I just got the “hold tight, loading your resorts” message but it never loaded resorts. The website did work using Chrome on my iPad. Then yesterday (June 13th) the website was updated again. And now it doesn’t work with either Safari or Chrome browser on my iPad Pro. Interestingly it does work on my iPhone. Both are running the latest version of IOS/iPadOS.

iPadOS support has been more problematic in general from what I’ve observed. Try Firefox as one option. Can’t hurt to try right?

I’ve observed much fewer reported issues on iOS devices when compared to iPadOS devices.

And yes to confirm, the latest sprint release was on June 10. The next planned major release is for June 24 - subject to change of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
iPadOS support has been more problematic in general from what I’ve observed. Try Firefox as one option. Can’t hurt to try right?

I’ve observed much fewer reported issues on iOS devices when compared to iPadOS devices.

And yes to confirm, the latest sprint release was on June 10. The next planned major release is for June 24 - subject to change of course.

I can confirm that the Wyndham website does work with Firefox. It is only Safari and Chrome that are a problem. Which makes sense since both Safari and Chrome use WebKit and Firefox, I believe, uses Gecko

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an older iPad with updated safari and it would not work yesterday ( couldn’t even get the drop down menu to open up for log in.). Only thing that would work was the complaint tag. Meanwhile, my iPhone worked ok, and today the phone can’t pull up availability. My iPhone safari did get an update last night to 13.5.1

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I’m running 13.5.1 on both my iPhone and iPad Pro. On the iphone with safari I do get the drop down “hamburger” menu to drop down so I can log in. And I can search for resorts with date and it pulls up availability. On my iPad Pro it only works with Firefox.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Firefox helped the Wyndham site work on my phone, but not my iPad which is running an older iOs version

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Firefox helped the Wyndham site work on my phone, but not my iPad which is running an older iOs version

Which version of iOS are you running?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Oh, on my iPad I can’t update it past 10.3.3. My iPhone is 13.5.1

That explains it, to the best of my knowledge they are only supporting the last released version of iOS 12, in addition to the iOS 13.x codestream. Any iOS versions older than 12.x are not supported.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
That explains it, to the best of my knowledge they are only supporting the last released version of iOS 12, in addition to the iOS 13.x codestream. Any iOS versions older than 12.x are not supported.

Well I guess they need to work some more to figure out what’s going on with the website and iPadOS 13.5.1.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’m running 13.5.1 on both my iPhone and iPad Pro. On the iphone with safari I do get the drop down “hamburger” menu to drop down so I can log in. And I can search for resorts with date and it pulls up availability. On my iPad Pro it only works with Firefox.
I have an iPad Pro as well. In Landscape mode, I don't have the hamburger menu, but I also don't need it. Everything in the hamburger menu is there on the screen, so there is no need for it. If I turn it to portrait mode, it switches the view and I get the hamburger menu.

1592252361364.png

1592252527542.png

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have an iPad Pro as well. In Landscape mode, I don't have the hamburger menu, but I also don't need it. Everything in the hamburger menu is there on the screen, so there is no need for it. If I turn it to portrait mode, it switches the view and I get the hamburger menu.

You definitely don’t need the mobile version of the side on the iPad in landscape mode. I was responding to a poster that said he wasn’t seeing the login box on his iPhone.

Can you search with a date to find availability using Safari or Chrome. Only Firefox works for me on my iPad Pro.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You definitely don’t need the mobile version of the side on the iPad in landscape mode. I was responding to a poster that said he wasn’t seeing the login box on his iPhone.

Can you search with a date to find availability using Safari or Chrome. Only Firefox works for me on my iPad Pro.
I was using Safri in those screenshots.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I was using Safri in those screenshots.

I could make those screenshots too. I can do anything on the website with my iPad Pro in safari and chrome except find availability and booking a reservation.

thegortons

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could search resorts okay but once I put the dates in order to check availability I just got the “hold tight, loading your resorts” message but it never loaded resorts.

Same thing happening for me using FireFox on a PC. Did you ever figure out a solution to the problem?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Same thing happening for me using FireFox on a PC. Did you ever figure out a solution to the problem?

On my iPad I use Firefox when I go to the Wyndham site. Other than that, I haven’t found a solution.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I could make those screenshots too. I can do anything on the website with my iPad Pro in safari and chrome except find availability and booking a reservation.
Sorry, misread your statement. I can search for availability on my iPad pro. I'd recommend clearing web data and history on your iPad Pro, and close any running apps. To clear web data and history, go to Settings->Safari. Scroll down until you see Clear History and Web Data. If you prefer not to clear history, scroll further down to the Advanced. Then click Website data. Click on "Remove All website data"

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I use Firefox on my laptop every day without any issues. Have you cleared your Cookies and Site Data? Are you running the current version of Firefox?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Sorry, misread your statement. I can search for availability on my iPad pro. I'd recommend clearing web data and history on your iPad Pro, and close any running apps. To clear web data and history, go to Settings->Safari. Scroll down until you see Clear History and Web Data. If you prefer not to clear history, scroll further down to the Advanced. Then click Website data. Click on "Remove All website data"

Thank you that worked!!